La Salle 5-12 0.294 8-16 0.333 L5
Fordham 2-11 0.154 2-11 0.154 L2
Saint Joseph's 1-9 0.100 2-14 0.125 W1

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geedubya, coming off a 30+ day OVID/DC pause, bested Rhode Island in DC yesterday 78 to 70.  Jamison Battled scored 26 while James Bishop had 28.  UMd transfer Ricky Lindo had 11.  So that's 65 of 78 points by three guys (83%).  Battle will launch threes and Bishop will always go to his left.  As someone noted, this might put URI in the PIG games.

The Bonnies five were better than Davidson's five as the Bonnies won out in Olean 69 to 58.  Two Davidson starters, Mennenga and Collins, went scoreless.  All five Bonnie starters nearly posted doubled digits in points.  Plain and simple math right there.  The Bonnies hit everything they threw up late and finished with 11 threes in the game.  Conversely, Davidson hit 13 threes, but launched 37 of them.  Seventy percent of Davidson shots were three point attempts.  Lee and Grady each scored 18 but it was truly a lack of any other discernable talent that doomed the Wildcats yesterday.  

I think the worst thing about thsi COVID stuff is that the game announcers now sit at home and commentate from afar.  No big deal but this means, at least yesterday, two straight games of Tim McCormack as the color guy.  At least when the announcers were on site, it was one and done.  Not now.  And I don't know who is worse ... McCormack, Steve Wolf, Seth Greenberg (who never talks about the game in front of him), Bob Wenzel, Tim Doyle or Pete Gillen.  Gillen can be entertaining at times.  Lots of bad out there.  

37 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Geedubya, coming off a 30+ day OVID/DC pause, bested Rhode Island in DC yesterday 78 to 70.  Jamison Battled scored 26 while James Bishop had 28.  UMd transfer Ricky Lindo had 11.  So that's 65 of 78 points by three guys (83%).  Battle will launch threes and Bishop will always go to his left.  As someone noted, this might put URI in the PIG games.

The Bonnies five were better than Davidson's five as the Bonnies won out in Olean 69 to 58.  Two Davidson starters, Mennenga and Collins, went scoreless.  All five Bonnie starters nearly posted doubled digits in points.  Plain and simple math right there.  The Bonnies hit everything they threw up late and finished with 11 threes in the game.  Conversely, Davidson hit 13 threes, but launched 37 of them.  Seventy percent of Davidson shots were three point attempts.  Lee and Grady each scored 18 but it was truly a lack of any other discernable talent that doomed the Wildcats yesterday.  

I think the worst thing about thsi COVID stuff is that the game announcers now sit at home and commentate from afar.  No big deal but this means, at least yesterday, two straight games of Tim McCormack as the color guy.  At least when the announcers were on site, it was one and done.  Not now.  And I don't know who is worse ... McCormack, Steve Wolf, Seth Greenberg (who never talks about the game in front of him), Bob Wenzel, Tim Doyle or Pete Gillen.  Gillen can be entertaining at times.  Lots of bad out there.  

the two guys (seth was one of them) that did our dayton game spent the entire game not talking about the game.   it was making me crazy

35 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

What was there to talk about? The game was over after ten mins - an announcer's worst nightmare

just talk about the game flow.   identify players and point out what was specifically happening.   i ended up turning the sound off.   if i had the tech skills i would have taken a run at trying to sync up with earl and ramsey

-Ramsey had a tough call on Friday, too, a lot of mistakes part of which comes from doing the game remote, nothing went right for The Billikens that day

-I heard Mike Kelly on KMOX yesterday morning and he said for the SEC Tourney radio broadcasters will be on site, I hope similar for A10

6 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Dayton about to lose convincingly to bottom feeder St. Joe’s.  I’m curious if the board still thinks the Flyers are a good basketball team?

Seemed like a majority thought Dayton was better than us which is laughable. 

They beat us twice...is there another metric you’d like to use?

Billiken Rich likes this

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Who is the 3rd? I only see St. B and VCU, with Richmond listed as first four out.

Thats what im trying to figure out.  I guess he's saying as of now its 2, but he thinks come sunday selection there will be 3?  If so, Id think it would be Richmond. 

13 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

So if we win on Monday does it go 

1. Bona 

2. VCU

3. Richmond

4. Davidson

5. SLU

Davidson wins so I think you’re right.