Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

You might check my math, but here goes.

Taking the current number of games of each team and adding 4 games to each, except where the total would be more than 18, the total games that may be played by league teams is 198.  Some teams have less than 4 remaining games, so the median could actually be lower.  The median of the possible games played is 15.  60% of 15 is 9.  

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gister said:

You might check my math, but here goes.

Taking the current number of games of each team and adding 4 games to each, except where the total would be more than 18, the total games that may be played by league teams is 198.  Some teams have less than 4 remaining games, so the median could actually be lower.  The median of the possible games played is 15.  60% of 15 is 9.  

I added three games to each current total, and we know Fordham won't play three more.  The median of my set is 14, with 60% = 8.4.  We would have 9 playing 3 more, so we would go by winning %. If we win out, we would be at 77%.  VCU could lose against us and still have a higher % at 79%.  GW would be the only team not playing the 8.

Just win.

16 hours ago, wgstl said:

I’m so confused as to how this makes sense. I get moving it up(sorta) but then why wait to play the championship game. Is Dayton hosting it so it’s close to Indy? 

and this will make it very hard to finish with a double bye. 

I'm assuming that a least part of the decision to keep the championship game on the 14th is that the contract with CBS is for that specific time slot on Selection Sunday. Probably can't/don't want to get out of that national slot

3star_recruit likes this

I would say that Davidson and Richmond ought to be ashamed of themselves for playing Southern Virginia and St. Mary’s of Maryland but they have learned from us and others that coming out of COVID you better schedule something.  Today’s Davidson game was a joke.  The only thing it did was pump up the stats of guys like Bates Jones, Grant Huffman and the other zeros on McKillop’s bench.  Amazing to me that guys on the SoVa roster were from places like Wyoming, Oregon and Indiana.  Loved the pony tails and man buns.

57 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Gotta be pretty big favorites without bones hyland right? 

I have learned not to diagnose off of television.....see Crutcher last night after the foot injury where he was barely able o get off the floor...finished with 19 pts, 6 asst 5 reb.....I will wait for the official injury report.

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I have learned not to diagnose off of television.....see Crutcher last night after the foot injury where he was barely able o get off the floor...finished with 19 pts, 6 asst 5 reb.....I will wait for the official injury report.

That was just a tweaked ankle as it turned out. A sprained foot is something altogether different which is why you rarely hear that terminology. Playing hoops one day, I had a grade 4 tear, aka a complete tear of the spring ligament which is the one that holds your medial arch up. When it happened I was looking around for where the bullet came from. I literally thought I’d been shot in the foot.

Hoping that’s not what happened because you can never fully recover from it. With rehab and proper taping you can return but your arch is permanently flat and the flare-ups can last for years.

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

That was just a tweaked ankle as it turned out. A sprained foot is something altogether different which is why you rarely hear that terminology. Playing hoops one day, I had a complete tear of the spring ligament which is the one that holds your medial arch up. When it happened I was looking around for where the bullet came from. I literally thought I’d been shot in the foot.

Hoping that’s not what happened because it’s a b!tch of an injury to recover from. 

The problem is we don't know how severe the injury to Hyland  is.  It could be Grade I (Mild.. stretched ligaments)... II (Moderate...partial tear)...III ( Severe...full tear)...Sounds like you had a Grade III.

I will go with my original statement...I will wait for the official injury report.

billikenbill likes this