Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe any and all A 10 play-off game should be played at Bonaventure.

Its safe, easy to sequester Teams and Staff, makes economic sense, lots of GOOD food. All the convenances of home.

Olean actually has electricity, cable TV,  Internet access and CellPhone service.

Have a Nice Day!

HoosierPal likes this

2 hours ago, brownindians said:

Its safe, easy to sequester Teams and Staff, makes economic sense, lots of GOOD food. All the convenances of home.

Olean actually has electricity, cable TV,  Internet access and CellPhone service.

Have a Nice Day!

DId y'all get that indoor plumbing installed?

2 hours ago, brownindians said:

Have a Nice Day!

Your team is playing quite well no surprise your coach is really good.

What are the COVID restrictions in Olean?

Currently in St. Louis restaurant capacity restriction is 50 percent and those businesses would love to have an A10 bubble.

Blue font, team bus drivers are suspect in Olean, how do we ever regain that trust?

Be well

La Salle taking it to the Joeys at Gola Mausoleum.  67 to 54 with 11 to go.  I don’t care what the announcers say, there is not so much parity in the A10 as there is really mediocre basketball.  Ryan Daly expected back @some time in January” according to Billy Lange.  Greg Foster still no where to be seen.  La Salle just a bunch of mediocre guys.  Today, Jared Kimbrough is shooting 10 of 11 for his first double digit game of his career.  Both teams incredibly short in basketball talent.

More I think about it, I'm thinking we may see the bonnies cancel their game against St Joes on Feb 3rd, and play SLU since we have that week off. 

OR

VCU would cancel their game on FEB 15th against Fordham, an SLU would cancel theirs Feb 16th against LaSalle and the two would play. 

31 minutes ago, wgstl said:

More I think about it, I'm thinking we may see the bonnies cancel their game against St Joes on Feb 3rd, and play SLU since we have that week off. 

OR

VCU would cancel their game on FEB 15th against Fordham, an SLU would cancel theirs Feb 16th against LaSalle and the two would play. 

Why would we do that though? We don't need those games to be dancing. Why not play games where we can win at 60% of our best coming out of this thing. We don't need the rest of the league this year. They need us

bauman likes this

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Why would we do that though? We don't need those games to be dancing. Why not play games where we can win at 60% of our best coming out of this thing. We don't need the rest of the league this year. They need us

1) Its not an issue about getting in, its about where you get in.   Massive difference between a 8/9 seed and 4-6 seed. 

2) The league will always try to get the most in.  And they know SLU is the biggest help they have.

Duquesne rallied from 15 points down in the second half to beat Rhode Island 71-69.  It is the first time they broke 70 in the last five games.  They were stuck on 48 points in three of the last four games. Miraculously, they won one of those 48-point games (48-45) because Fordham is even worse offensively.   The Dukes beat the Rams because they stopped their fast-break and because one of their freshmen went 5 for 5 from 3-point range.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:05 PM, Cowboy said:

-did John Wayne do movie set in Africa on a safari? only Duke connection to a lion coming to mind

I believe he did but I do not remember the name. There was a tune in that movie called "Baby Elephant Walk" that I liked, I was in my early teens then. He was not in a safari, he made a living by catching wild animals for zoos, that much I recall.

46 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I believe he did but I do not remember the name. There was a tune in that movie called "Baby Elephant Walk" that I liked, I was in my early teens then. He was not in a safari, he made a living by catching wild animals for zoos, that much I recall.

Hatari! ?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056059/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_31

12 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

You in a glass house, homie.I’m not saying we’re not allowed to talk about scoring futility, but we’re really not allowed. 

Any other year, yes. This year... no. At least not yet. We can talk about it all we want this year (knock on wood)

Watched the Bonnies dismantle VCU the other night.  With slight reservations for the VCU crowd, VCU sucks,  They scored 14 points THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF! And it wasn't for the lack of trying.  Short of Bones Hyland ---- they can't shoot.  Vince Williams can make a few, a little less than Bones (who ain't that great overall either) but that is it.   Baldwin doesn't shoot.  Stockard never did even at KState.  Douglas has no shot.  Ward is raw.  As is everyone else.  They will fade; tonight's game against Dayton will be interesting.

The Bunnies remain limited in my mind.  Osunniyi can only dunk still.  Caraway can roam the baseline and sneak in a dunk or two.  Welch and Holmes are limited to start but streaky if they get going.  Schmidt seems intent on winning with tight defense and Lorton taking over.  If they find a secondary or tertiary scorer, they are difficult to stop.  

Watching geo mason and st joes.  Some of the worst fundamental defense ive seen at the college level.   Of course their offenses are no better.   These 2 "coaches" should be arrested for stealing paychecks.

Mason beats the Joeys twice this week.  The Joeys have little to nothing.  They launch threes which can work if Funk, Forrest or Bishop is hitting.  Problem is none of the three can do it with any consistency.  Jordan Hall as a 6'8" point forward just doesn't work because he is slow.  Nice passes but slow on execution.  Still no Ryan Daly and I assume Foster has left team at this point.  The Joeys won't come close to last year's six wins.

Mason is same old Mason --- will only go as far as Greene and Miller carry them.  Oduro has two good games against the Joeys but I'd write that off because the Joeys have no clue or bulk to box out. 

Mason is immaterial; the Joeys just plain suck.