Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It does if there are personal issues that are pulling him back home.  Per Dambrot's comments, this doesn't sound like a basketball issue.

He's not the only one though. Once the third one in a month wants to leave, Dambrot becomes the common denominator

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, thetorch said:

Their new logo/mascot is a lion in a top hat?

I thought our mascot change was bad.

Can we kick them out of the conference for this?

I think it is one of the better ones in the league. This league lacks originality for the most part. Hell, there are three teams named the Rams. 

13 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Duke of Earl would have been way better. Top hat, cape, tux, and cane. I’d hate to be the kid who gets stuck in the lion getup... too hot. 

How about the Monopoly Man....for those of us old enough to know him.  He could be a Duke.  Top hat, mustache and monocle.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

I think it is one of the better ones in the league. This league lacks originality for the most part. Hell, there are three teams named the Rams. 

Remembered VCU and Rhody immediately. Took me way too long to remember Fordham's mascot. How do we get them to the America East, Northeast, Colonial, or Patriot League? 

19 hours ago, Littlebill said:

He's not the only one though. Once the third one in a month wants to leave, Dambrot becomes the common denominator

I think it's fair to say if things were really going well with Dambrot, Carry would figure to stay the extra two hours away from home and remain with the Dukes.

Duq v S B  on ESPN2 right now.  They say they are going to interview TF soon.  As I was writing the previous, TF came on the telecast.

Nothing new.  Lots of players have the virus and are coming out of "Q" at various times.  Multiple references to leadership of JG and HF.  Discussed Yuri and JP and talked about the team being one of the top teams in the country.  Greenberg talked about how good the Bills are.

A couple of pet peeves:      TF constantly referring to the team as "my team."  I think it should be "our team."  "My team" ignores  the impact of the ACs who I'm sure are a big part of the team's success.  Leaders share credit and the spotlight.

I am waiting for the TF interview where he does NOT give props to CM and Pres. Pestello. 

In spite of the above I am a strong supporter of Travis and hope he stays at SLU for many more years.

Finally, can any color commentators who are former coaches. (Dan D., Seth G. Dick V. etc ) ever make it 10 minutes into a game without telling us how great both the games' coaches are?

On 11/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, gister said:

I was going to check out the game until you mentioned Bill Walton.  I think he is the absolute worst announcer on college basketball.  I thought motor mouth stuck with the west coast schools, but maybe he is moving east which can't be good for college basketball.

Ford said 80% of the players had covid-19 coming out of lockdown at different times.

Watched Duq vs. Bona.  Duq is a wreck.  There is a reason they barely score 50 a game.  They have NO offense.  Weathers is far and out of shape but remains their only guy.  Dunn-Martin is NOT a PG.  He’s a three-pointe catch-n-shoot guy who can’t do so passing to himself.  Michael Hughes appears to do what he wants aka senioritis; he did get “up” to play Osunniyi.  Chad Baker adds nothing.  Toby Omani little.  Austin Rotriff zip.  Weathers can work the low post but can’t shoot FTs this year.  Murphy has added little and Kelly wasn’t much before the redshirt year.  They are dropping to PIG status fast.

Bona finally jump started Kyle Lofton.  At one point, he had 28 points and the rest of the team 33.  Osunniyi continues to struggle in the offensive end.  Jalen English Holmes had big games against St. Joes and Fordham but cooled considerably last night.  He’s not THAT good.  Adaway is not a key cog.  He roams the baseline and takes lobs because most defenses focus on Osunniyi.  Welch is hot and cold as well.  The bench is weak, only Vasquez contributes.  Bona will want to play a full shot clock possession game and hope to win it with defense and Lofton scoring the most.  If you let English/Holmes go off, shame on you.  Bona is near the top right now and will likely stay there but they are not so much good as they are boring.  Will be interesting to see Bona in matchups with Dayton, Umass and Rhodey down the road.