Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

21 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

French's game has seemed off this season. I'm wondering how much his physical abilities are continuing to be chronically affected by Covid....

French's advanced numbers are off the charts. Defensively he's been amazing.

slufanskip likes this

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duq up on GW 26-23 at the under 4. GW 2-8 from the stripe, Duq has played 11 players, GW upping their game with 6’10 S. Miss. transfer Hunter Dean. Nice looking big.

Duq doesn’t look like they’ve lost a step from the stoppage. Very solid team. GW hanging in but looks like they’ll come up short, down 67-57 at the under 4.

Duq hangs on 75-63. GW 12-26 from the stripe. Look out for Duq’s freshman 6’7 Toby Okani who is on track to terrorize the A-10. 

Duquesne wins by 12 over GW despite 3 starters - Carry, Austin and Norman - having very subpar games.   They have 7 of their top 8 players back but there are other 4-5 other guys who could contribute this season who were either hurt last year or weren't on the roster at all.  It will be interesting to see if they finish higher than 4th in the A-10 which is where they were picked to finish during the preseason.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Flyers today without Weaver, Chatman, and Blakney, all injured. 

In their 6 games this season UD's players have played a total of 1250 minutes combined.  Players who left (Johnson) or are unavailable today (listed above) make up 468 of those minutes (37%).  Jalen Crutcher, Ibi Watson, & Jordy Tshimanga make up 624 of those minutes (50%).  The remaining 5 players make up 158 (13%).

28-9 Mason run has them ahead of Dayton 42-41 at the under 16. Freshman lefty Tyler Kolek is lighting the Flyers up. He's gonna be a pest on the level of a Dunn-Martin.

58-53 Mason at the under 8. Josh Greene now lighting it up for Mason. Mason playing diamond and one and triangle and two, trying to take Crutcher and Watson out of it. Working so far.

Crutcher is so clutch, Amzil is very good, Mason went cold at the end, and Paulsen got T'd up twice and ejected. Lot of questionable calls went against Mason. Dayton holds on.

5 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Crutcher is so clutch, Amzil is very good, Mason went cold at the end, and Paulsen got T'd up twice and ejected. Lot of questionable calls went against Mason. Dayton holds on.

Pretty good win with 7 schollie players, 3 seniors and 4 freshmen.  Amzil is special.  He has been with the team for 1 week.  Kolek is a nice freshman for GMason.

Richmond's offense is so much fun to watch. Why don't more teams run it? Golden to shoot two with :15 to go and makes one, tied at 66, Bonnies ball.

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Please let the Bills come back healthy. 

They'll need to. Despite what you may have heard, the A-10 is loaded this year.

Nice job bill.  I too watched a lot of this.  I'd like to quote three-star who always says it's about the matchups ......

Duquesne went back to starting Hughes over Rotroff.  You cna do that if Okani and Kelly do what hey did tonight but their matchups against Geedubya were rather poor.  Moyer covered Carry and did a great job.  I did not know that Moyer spent time at both Syracuse and Vandy.  He had a good game.  Geedubya is just way too stiff on the interior.  Battle fancies himself as a long range gunner but adds little on the Boards.  Hughes and Weathers and Okani and Kelly dominated and pulled down offensive rebounds in bunches.  I don't think a matchup against Geedubya is a true indicator of what Okani and Kelly will do in the future.  Kelly is a redshirt junior and never did this much his first two years coming off the Dukes bench.  Duquesne is the same Duquesne as last year ---- but they beat us twice.

I don't think Kolek has the same quick release as Dunn-Martin but like Dunn-Marin, Francis and Gilyard, you don't leave these guys to double down.  They launch from anywhere.  Mason ran out of steam after coming back from 18 down to take a five point lead.  Dayton really can't shoot well.  It is Crutcher and Watson and prayers.  Amzil has had two good games coming into the league but it was Mason and La Salle.  They don't provide valid measuring sticks as I see it.  He looks pretty heady based on his play with the Finnish national team however.  Tshimanga is like Osunniyi with a range of five feet.  Yes, Chatman was out but he's nothing consistent offensively.  Nwojeki showed some promise.  Brea not so much.  Paulsen was right to get ejected; there were some late calls that were questionable at best.  But Mason has no real go-to guy to depend on.  

The Bonnies played to their formula --- defense to keep it close and win late.  Lofton hit only his second three of the year for the win.  Richmond was off from distance and the foul line; six-of-24 from deep and only 66% at the line.  Again no bench ----- 5 points.  Bonnie Jaren Holmes had a career day with 17.  Richmond's inability to coral a defensive rebound late allowed the Bonnies to do so and then pass the ball out again to run clock.  Lofton picked up his fourth foul with almost 8 minutes to go yet the Bonnies survived.  Francis flopped on his desperation three but the refs should ignore all those late game leg kick outs and falls.  They are not real.

La Salle played no one --- Fordham is that bad.  Announcers did say Fordham was 'COVID ravaged' and I know they have only played two games but I thought it was just pauses all over their schedule.  I do not know how many of their players were actually affected/infected.

Is Ron Thompson the announcer?  John's son?  Talk about clueless.  Bad announcer.  Good to know he has Duquesne, Davidson, Richmond and even Rhode Island going to the Dance from the A10.  

CBFan likes this