Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

Only one game left in the A10 OOC and that is today as Mason hosts Norfolk State.  Norfolk State is 3 and 3 but did win at James Madison who gave VCU a tussel at Seigel earlier this week.  If Miller and Company are still suspended, I would not be surprised to see Norfolk upset Mason today.  Mason is favored by ten.

Then we all wait for conference kickoff on Wednesday.  VCU will likely be favored at St. Joes.  Fordham puts its undefeated record on the line at home against Geedubya (betting on Frdham).  The Bonnies go to Rhode Isalnd; that will be unpredictable.  Mason to Umass.  La Salle to Dayton and Richmond to Dasvidson as well as us hosting Duquesne.  That Richmond at Davidson will be a toss up.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

GM might want to just shut ‘er down after that loss... ouch.

GM can use COVID as an excuse it worked for Evansville.

almaman likes this

Four posts above I said I would not be surprised if Norfolk took them down and they did.  Miller and company cam off suspension but it didn't help.  This will be Paulsen's final year at Mason.   Mason shot 40/19/53.  You don't win many games not shooting.

14 hours ago, Compton said:

Norfolk State gives George Mason the Mizzou special, as the Patriots collapse in the last 5 minutes. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 6.24.16 PM.png

This George Mason loss is another Jon Rothstein "epitome of brutality" level loss for the A10.

While Mason made that improbable Final 4 run in 2006 while still in the Mid-Major Colonial (CAA), Mason hasn't done much since joining the A10 in 2013, other than sending its Band and Band Director to the A10 Tournament.

23 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Only one game left in the A10 OOC and that is today as Mason hosts Norfolk State.  Norfolk State is 3 and 3 but did win at James Madison who gave VCU a tussel at Seigel earlier this week.  If Miller and Company are still suspended, I would not be surprised to see Norfolk upset Mason today.  Mason is favored by ten.

Then we all wait for conference kickoff on Wednesday.  VCU will likely be favored at St. Joes.  Fordham puts its undefeated record on the line at home against Geedubya (betting on Frdham).  The Bonnies go to Rhode Isalnd; that will be unpredictable.  Mason to Umass.  La Salle to Dayton and Richmond to Dasvidson as well as us hosting Duquesne.  That Richmond at Davidson will be a toss up.

While "undefeated" Fordham was 9-22 last season, 2-16 in the A10, Fordham swept GW last season, winning all three (3) meetings, including in the soon thereafter Covid aborted A10 Tournament in Brooklyn.

A Ram, a Ram, a Ram to Victory ...

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

This George Mason loss is another Jon Rothstein "epitome of brutality" level loss for the A10.

While Mason made that improbable Final 4 run in 2006 while still in the Mid-Major Colonial (CAA), Mason hasn't done much since joining the A10 in 2013, other than sending its Band and Band Director to the A10 Tournament.

I never understood inviting them - didn't open a new market nor were they a high profile program except for that run you mentioned.

49 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This looks like the forecast I put out a few days ago...The differences is ....when grades match , I put them in alphabetical order.....The only ranking differences I see are ....swap GM with St. J  and Ford with GW.  Ken may turnout to be right on GW with the  mass evacuation from the team...though Fordham is a pretty bad team.

HoosierPal likes this

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This looks like the forecast I put out a few days ago...The differences is ....when grades match , I put them in alphabetical order.....The only ranking differences I see are ....swap GM with St. J  and Ford with GW.  Ken may turnout to be right on GW with the  mass evacuation from the team...though Fordham is a pretty bad team.

How much of St. Joe’s ranking has to do with the insane non-con schedule they played?

9 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

How much of St. Joe’s ranking has to do with the insane non-con schedule they played?

Part of it is the schedule...#1 in SOS...they get some ranking pts for that ....also they have only played 5 games....I think in 3 more games (including the Bills) we will have a better sense as to who they are....For now they are a C team.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Here is Sully's annual A10 Preview.  https://www.blackburnreview.com/2020/12/29/sullys-annual-a10-preview/

It's a long read, but has some good humor in it.   For those who don't know Sully, he is a Dayton honk.

Some funny stuff...and a good read.

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

Some funny stuff...and a good read.

I just read through the link to the Arch-Baron Cup.  When you get time, go to the Venue section and click on each venue.  More 'interesting' information. @slu72  @Cowboy

Editor’s note: If you still have free time, be sure to check out the detailed history of the Arch-Baron Cup Rivalry with UD, here.