Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Fordham has canceled their remaining two OOC games.  With their first 6 OOC games canceled, Fordham enters the A10 regular season UNDEFEATED.

Wow, undefeated! And to think some on here would have them banished to the cornfield!

2 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

Some news that could impact the conference 

Not A10, but this should put Carteare Gordon on the floor for Grambling.  He was one of the very few transfers that was not approved.

Only A10 player of note might be impacted by this is Elijah Weaver for Dayton.  He was a part time starter for USC last year.  (I'm not sure if he wants to play this year or not.)  Dayton also has a freshman, 6'10" Amzil from Sweden, entering school next semester.

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Not A10, but this should put Carteare Gordon on the floor for Grambling.  He was one of the very few transfers that was not approved.

Only A10 player of note might be impacted by this is Elijah Weaver for Dayton.  He was a part time starter for USC last year.  (I'm not sure if he wants to play this year or not.)  Dayton also has a freshman, 6'10" Amzil from Sweden, entering school next semester.

If I read that correctly Gordon will not benefit, as it excludes players who have transferred multiple times

32 minutes ago, DOC said:

If I read that correctly Gordon will not benefit, as it excludes players who have transferred multiple times

I don't know maybe you are right, but here is Gordon's twitter.  He seems to be happy with the news.

42 minutes ago, almaman said:

<Not A10, but this should put Carteare Gordon on the floor for Grambling.  He was one of the very few transfers that was not approved.>

50/50. he's already failing?

He never had a problem with grades.

59 minutes ago, DOC said:

I believe there is an amendment though that says if you've transferred over 19 times you still qualify which makes Gordon eligible

Comments from CBS on Weaver and the waiver-waiver.

Elijah Weaver, Dayton

Guards Jalen Crutcher and Ibi Watson have been shouldering a heavy load for the Flyers this season, and Weaver -- a former top-50 prospect -- should be able to help ease the burden after averaging 5.9 points and making 34% of his 3-pointers in two seasons at USC.

"In our situation, we did not request a waiver for Elijah, but with the rule, certainly if it passes, we hope to have him available," coach Anthony Grant said Monday on his weekly radio show. "Don't know when his availability would happen, but certainly if the rule does pass, we'd be pretty thrilled if we could get him available."

Hoosier got the one in Weaver.  And of course there is Okuro.  As for around the A10 .... Ricky Lindo (Maryland) and Hunter Dean (So. Miss) are enrolled but currently inactive at Geedubya.  Allan Bertrand (Towson) is still enrolled at Rhode Island but has not played.  And then there is Anthony Roberts (Kent State) at Bonaventure; he has not played either but the Bonnies as a team have played one game so who knows why he missed it or if he wasn't cleared for it.  The rest were all already in.

We have our first A10 transfer announcement ..,... 6'11" former three star Brandon Stone is transferring out of La Salle.  Stone played in 25 of 30 games last year, averaging 10.5 mpg and 3.0 ppg.  

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Hoosier got the one in Weaver.  And of course there is Okuro.  As for around the A10 .... Ricky Lindo (Maryland) and Hunter Dean (So. Miss) are enrolled but currently inactive at Geedubya.  Allan Bertrand (Towson) is still enrolled at Rhode Island but has not played.  And then there is Anthony Roberts (Kent State) at Bonaventure; he has not played either but the Bonnies as a team have played one game so who knows why he missed it or if he wasn't cleared for it.  The rest were all already in.

We have our first A10 transfer announcement ..,... 6'11" former three star Brandon Stone is transferring out of La Salle.  Stone played in 25 of 30 games last year, averaging 10.5 mpg and 3.0 ppg.  

-hasn't most of the GW squad been inactive so far this season? 

It appears that GT Ryan Murphy is joining Duquesne, immediately.  He is a 6'2" Guard coming from Pitt where he averaged 7.6 ppg.  He led Pitt in 3FG made last season.

I'm unsure on the mid-year transfer aspect.  But the Duquesne website says he is on the squad.

Probably didn't take much effort to move his stuff across town from Pitt to Duquesne.