Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

getting to see this team we have perform through a whole season flies in the face of the hard to be a Billiken fan thingie. didn't want to be a DD up till now. and we did actually have the season start but with the science saying this wave would happen if we didn't do a b & c seemed inevitable to me that season would grind to a halt :( oh well. 

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, davidnark said:

You guys are really missing out. It is truly some of the best sitcom humor ever. You have to invest into the characters to truly appreciate it, but the character acting and writing is absurdly good. 

IMO the original British version with Ricky Gervais is much better, the US version is too slapsticky for me. 

1 minute ago, MichaelC said:

IMO the original British version with Ricky Gervais is much better, the US version is too slapsticky for me. 

I like both. saw all theirs before ours, but thought we did it well over here. much longer run so more characters. Some people don't like the format but overall it will live on forever in reruns and popularity. most people I know that got way into it never saw the British version. The Big Short was a great movie with Steve Carrell.

rgbilliken likes this

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Madani Diarra sighting tonight.  Scored 2 points and grabbed a board against Dayton.  Still in the first half.

Think those might be his first career points.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Madani Diarra sighting tonight.  Scored 2 points and grabbed a board against Dayton.  Still in the first half.

In a delayed season opener, Dayton was up by 10 with a few minutes left, then almost lost it several times in the final minute. Lots of missed FTs down the stretch for Dayton. On their fan board, there's some crying about Crutcher's lack of leadership.

Final score: Dayton 66, EIU 63

Diarra: 2 points and a rebound in 9 minutes

25 minutes ago, Minerva N. Owl said:

In a delayed season opener, Dayton was up by 10 with a few minutes left, then almost lost it several times in the final minute. Lots of missed FTs down the stretch for Dayton. On their fan board, there's some crying about Crutcher's lack of leadership.

Final score: Dayton 66, EIU 63

Diarra: 2 points and a rebound in 9 minutes

The same folks on UDPride have been crying about Crutcher's "lack of leadership" for all but one season of his career.  Amazing how great a leader you can be when you have a teammate that 1) can't be guarded one-on-one  2) can get to any pass you throw.

Crutcher is on track to be a 1500 point, 600 assist guy.  I'm not sure what more they expect of him.  

CBFan likes this

10 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

That video is as amusing as the Jolly 3 point brick, thanks for sharing.

Going to be a rough year for the SVU crowd.  They're five starters played 37, 36, 35, 34 and 26 minutes.  Tshimanga was the short timer likely because of fitness and/or fouls.  Three scholarship guys off the bench, including their two red-shirt bigs, totaled 19 minutes or about 6 mpg each.  They played a walk-on for 13 minutes.  Dayton is truly shorthanded this year.  The SVU crowd is bad enough but last year will likely haunt the current and future team with grandiose expectations.  

Geedubya is short too.  Their five starters played 37, 33, 28, 28 and 36.  Looks like new waiver James Bishop is their go-to guy.  They at least went seven deep with former starter Maceo Jack coming off the bench now.  Jameer Nelson Jr. was out-assisted by Bishop; going to have to reverse that if Bishop is the 2G.  Nelson didn't strike me as a PG last year what with Potter in control.  

Davidson is once again Davidson.  They have swapped out JAG for Kiwi Sam Mennenga.  Otherwise, they are the same challenged group as last year.  Mennenga goes 6'9" so the swap out is not one for one.  Collins and Grady shared JAG's ballhandling duties and Grady looked less for it.  He had 17 but they were a quiet 17.   Collins did nothing, and Brajkovic was his usual doughboy self.  The bench remains very weak and still has the same cast in Bates Jones, Mike Smith and Nelson Boachie-Yiadom.  Collins was the only starter not to crack the 31+ minute mark for playing time because of foul trouble.  Hyunjung Lee added 17 to Grady's 17 but Lee is a sniper who never met a shot he didn't like.  Reminds me of ol' Brad Relaford at Xavier.  Gots to cover him at all times.  He was the one who split the defense with 1.6 to go and rolled his layup off the far side of the bucket.  He makes that, Davidson wins.  Looked like Ed Cooley decided to let anyone other than Grady beat him.  Almost happen.  Then, with 1.3 to go, Brajkovic throws the 'Christian Laettner' pass to Mennenga, who had the shot but failed at the end.  On the plus side for Davidson, they will not be an easy out but who is?  

Some good stuff today .... VCU at Penn State on Fox Sports 1 at 5 pm/4 cst.  The Hall at Rhodey on CBSSN at 7/6.  Davidson taking on UNLV at 9:30/8:30 on ESPN2.  And if your interested, UNC-Greensboro against Duquesne at 6/5 on ESPN3.  

50 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Four A10 teams playing today, 3 have been Covided.  Marquee games are VCU Rams at Penn State and Seton Hall at Rhode Island.  Rhody is a better team then most thought.

-to go off course a moment, Penn State's former coach DeChillis is at Navy who beat Georgetown yesterday, Georgetown's first loss to a Patriot League team in history according to CBSSports - Anchors Aweigh

HoosierPal likes this

Great win for the Rams.  Look out for them come A10.  They are deep and their transfers are slowly molding into a unit.  The Mitchell twins were impressive tonight. They are doing exactly what they are supposed to, protect the paint, rebound, and score in deep.  Sheppard is a threat from the three, and their other transfer, Carey from Syracuse, didn't play tonight.  Fr. Leggett took Carey's starting spot and went for 14.  And oh yeah, they have this guy called Fatts.

Seton Hall has been picked as high as 3rd in the Big East, but I'm not sure the Big East is as loaded as usual.