GDT: against SIUExcellence

wgstl

26 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Surprised more folks aren’t a little in awe of Jacobs reverse jam last night. Pretty spectacular move and finish. Wish I could have heard Rammer’s call on that one. “Oh my, Jacobs reverse Jam Time.” I like Jacobs. The kid’s a player. 

9 minutes ago, NH said:

I also thought Jacobs did an admirable job filling in for Yuri as backup PG

Look at the minutes everyone got last night.  Jacobs doesn’t get a lot of love / recognition, but he’s a key player.  He does a lot of things well, but doesn’t stand out on this team with guys who do some things really well (ex French-rim protection, Yuri-passing, Jimerson-shooting).  His defense and ability to space the floor are huge.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The view from the Phoenix couch was pretty laid back.  This was not a contest but a slaughter.  LSU will be more telling.  It was great to see that Goodwin and Perkins picked up where they left off.  It was even better to see Jimmmmerson raining picture-perfect threes from outside.  Fred's return was melancholy what with a new injury.  Linssen looked quite good as a nice backup to Hasahn.  Hargrove can shoot the three!  Free throws improved but let's hold off until French is out there.  Didn't they say Sidney Wilson was a former five star Uconn recruit?  Why would you transfer to SIUE then?  The best thing I have to say is basketball is back and SLU passed the first test.

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The view from the Phoenix couch was pretty laid back.  This was not a contest but a slaughter.  LSU will be more telling.  It was great to see that Goodwin and Perkins picked up where they left off.  It was even better to see Jimmmmerson raining picture-perfect threes from outside.  Fred's return was melancholy what with a new injury.  Linssen looked quite good as a nice backup to Hasahn.  Hargrove can shoot the three!  Free throws improved but let's hold off until French is out there.  Didn't they say Sidney Wilson was a former five star Uconn recruit?  Why would you transfer to SIUE then?  The best thing I have to say is basketball is back and SLU passed the first test.

Four star recruit.  Never recovered from the death of his mother back in 2015 and probably needs a low-pressure situation to renew his love for the game.  Hope it works out for him.

47 minutes ago, bauman said:

I would rephrase to "at least $10."

For all the enjoyment Board regulars get from Billikens.com I would hope that most of us can do better than $10.  If not, Steve has said he understands and appreciates whatever you can do, but $10 each ain't gonna cut it for all Steve has to do to keep this ship afloat.  I sincerely hope many of us are in a position to do better than $10.

Related - if there are any regular posters/readers* who would like to donate, but have fallen on hard times due to the pandemic, please PM me.  I’ll toss in $10 on your behalf on top of what I’ve put in already.  That way you’ll get your donor tag for the next 2 years and can pay it forward next time Steve calls for donations.  I’ll also order/pay for take out a meal for you at your favorite locally owned restaurant.  I know the pandemic has been rough on a lot of people and businesses financially.  This will be totally private & no questions asked.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

* - I’m hoping this won’t be the case, but to limit anyone trying to take advantage of me I’m going to limit to folks who had an existing account before November 2020.  I’m also hoping there’s not many out there in a bad situation, but in an effort to cover myself in case I get more requests than I can afford  I’m going to limit this to the first 10 for now.

bauman and slufanskip like this

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Related - if there are any regular posters/readers* who would like to donate, but have fallen on hard times due to the pandemic, please PM me.  I’ll toss in $10 on your behalf on top of what I’ve put in already.  That way you’ll get your donor tag for the next 2 years and can pay it forward next time Steve calls for donations.  I’ll also order/pay for take out a meal for you at your favorite locally owned restaurant.  I know the pandemic has been rough on a lot of people and businesses financially.  This will be totally private & no questions asked.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

* - I’m hoping this won’t be the case, but to limit anyone trying to take advantage of me I’m going to limit to folks who had an existing account before November 2020.  I’m also hoping there’s not many out there in a bad situation, but in an effort to cover myself in case I get more requests than I can afford  I’m going to limit this to the first 10 for now.

the old "fine print" :)

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Four star recruit.  Never recovered from the death of his mother back in 2015 and probably needs a low-pressure situation to renew his love for the game.  Hope it works out for him.

From what I can gather he was viewed as a head case at UCONN and was constantly in the dog house.  The lower pressure environment and the distance from home might just be what he needs.  I, too, hope it works out for him.  He has skills and if his head is right, I don’t think there are many players in the OVC who can guard him.