GDT: against SIUExcellence

wgstl

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bills_06 said:

@TheOne posted on page 2 of this thread that Hasahn "is hopeful and expected to be back and fully ready for Saturday" so would hope that means not real serious.  

Ford is a master at Coach speak. He’s keeping LSU in their toes. Smart plan if you ask me.

26 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Ford is a master at Coach speak. He’s keeping LSU in their toes. Smart plan if you ask me.

Ford is surprisingly honest. I would be a little concerned he won’t be there. That said...

.has anyone considered that Perkins and Gibson might be the best two player shooting combo in the country? Both are really just kind of magical. Right? Like they live in a shooting flow. Couple that to whatever Goodwin is. The rest of the team isn’t exactly chopped liver. I am not really worried, this team is going to be difficult for anyone.

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Ford is surprisingly honest. I would be a little concerned he won’t be there. That said...

.has anyone considered that Perkins and Gibson might be the best two player shooting combo in the country? Both are really just kind of magical. Right? Like they live in a shooting flow. Couple that to whatever Goodwin is. The rest of the team isn’t exactly chopped liver. I am not really worried, this team is going to be difficult for anyone.

IMO if we’re doing it right, then Perkins and Jimerson should be #1 and #2 in scoring on the team.  They’re so much more efficient than Has or Goodwin on offense.  They should be carrying the O load while Has and Goody clean the glass and lockdown on D.

Zink likes this

6 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Keep in mind, Ford never said Has won’t play, he said he could play. There’s a certain level of gamesmanship there, not giving LSU any information, whether or not Has plays.

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

IMO if we’re doing it right, then Perkins and Jimerson should be #1 and #2 in scoring on the team.  They’re so much more efficient than Has or Goodwin on offense.  They should be carrying the O load while Has and Goody clean the glass and lockdown on D.

A big reason they have been able to be as efficient as they have on offense is the space the have because of the attention that Goodwin and French command from the opposing defense.  If you make Perkins and Jimerson the focus of the offense they won’t get the space they get now as they become the focus of the opposing defense.

what you hope happens is that as teams start to game plan even more for Perkins and Jimerson because of what they are doing, that the less attention they can focus on Goodwin and French leads Goodwin and French becoming more efficient.

Coach314 likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

A big reason they have been able to be as efficient as they have on offense is the space the have because of the attention that Goodwin and French command from the opposing defense.  If you make Perkins and Jimerson the focus of the offense they won’t get the space they get now as they become the focus of the opposing defense.

what you hope happens is that as teams start to game plan even more for Perkins and Jimerson because of what they are doing, that the less attention they can focus on Goodwin and French leads Goodwin and French becoming more efficient.

Having a point guard like Yurimania also helps.

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Right. I agree. When I watch Goodwin now, I am in awe. He really doesn’t do anything that seems impressive and, yet, every time, there is a double double. He takes anyone guarding him to the basket. Just a statistical freak. He is a black hole that everyone has to account for. Similar to French, who is also a freak. Collins is a freak.

Let’s just take a moment to appreciate how good this team is, and how far they can go, if they stay true to who they are.

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

It’s concussion protocol. I have a feeling there’s some gamesmanship here so LSU won’t know what to prepare for. Stu tweeted Coach Ford said he may not practice tomorrow which might limit his chances of playing on Saturday. I call BS on that. If he’s cleared by doctors, he’s playing and starting, regarding of practicing tomorrow. I think there’s a fairly good chance Has is playing Saturday afternoon.

So with concussion protocol you do have to practice some before returning to play.  From one of Carter's tweets the injury was sustained on Monday. Concussion protocol is a 5 day process that would look like this:

Start protocol once you have had no symptoms for 24 hours

Day 1: Light aerobic activity

Day 2: Moderate activity

Day 3: Non-Contact practice, sport specific activity

Day 4:Full contact practice

Day 5: Return to play

If there are any setbacks (return of symptoms) then you are stuck on that step until symptoms resolve and you have to repeat that step.  So it is a pretty small window that he has to play this weekend and that is also part of TF saying he is day to day and doesn't know if he will play/practice.  Maybe he is on track to play barring any setbacks, maybe he is not playing and they're just trying to keep LSU on their toes.  Hopefully it was just precautionary or a very mild head injury where he had no symptoms on Tuesday and he did not have any setbacks, then he should be on track to play Saturday.

Did anyone see him on the bench? I don't remember seeing him but I didn't pay attention to the bench that much and they were very spread out, but that could be an indication of how he is progressing.

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

They definitely looked good.

I know it was SIUE but in years past the Bills let them hang around and win by 10. 
This team is different! 

I’m anxiously awaiting the view from the couch in Phoenix. You’re up Taj Mahal ‘79. 

7 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

So with concussion protocol you do have to practice some before returning to play.  From one of Carter's tweets the injury was sustained on Monday. Concussion protocol is a 5 day process that would look like this:

Start protocol once you have had no symptoms for 24 hours

Day 1: Light aerobic activity

Day 2: Moderate activity

Day 3: Non-Contact practice, sport specific activity

Day 4:Full contact practice

Day 5: Return to play

If there are any setbacks (return of symptoms) then you are stuck on that step until symptoms resolve and you have to repeat that step.  So it is a pretty small window that he has to play this weekend and that is also part of TF saying he is day to day and doesn't know if he will play/practice.  Maybe he is on track to play barring any setbacks, maybe he is not playing and they're just trying to keep LSU on their toes.  Hopefully it was just precautionary or a very mild head injury where he had no symptoms on Tuesday and he did not have any setbacks, then he should be on track to play Saturday.

Did anyone see him on the bench? I don't remember seeing him but I didn't pay attention to the bench that much and they were very spread out, but that could be an indication of how he is progressing.

@BuiltFordBills , thanks. I always kinda wondered what the concussion protocol entailed. I kinda assumed it was more just being symptom-free and passing whatever tests team doctors gave him. But his health is most important. 

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Actually, playing against LSU without French will be an acid test of just how good we are. We are most definitely a team with a deep bench and should be able to beat just about any opponent when one of our main players is out as French is.

I think JG going down would be worse but we are so deep we can play great when starters are hurt. I can even wonder if he loses minutes because of play from bench studs. 

10 hours ago, slufanskip said:

This is why everyone needs to go to the fundraiser thread and donate.  Everyone can afford $10. 

I would rephrase to "at least $10."

For all the enjoyment Board regulars get from Billikens.com I would hope that most of us can do better than $10.  If not, Steve has said he understands and appreciates whatever you can do, but $10 each ain't gonna cut it for all Steve has to do to keep this ship afloat.  I sincerely hope many of us are in a position to do better than $10.

billiken_roy and slufanskip like this