2020 Billikens.com Fundraiser

SluSignGuy

The season is finally starting today, and there will be a lot to talk about on Billikens.com.  In the last year alone, there were over 100 posts to the message board each day on average.  We have a great community here.

I have always been proud to say that Billikens.com is supported by its users, and here, I ask for your generosity once more to help keep the site running without having to resort to ads. To provide some information about operation costs, server costs are approximately $950/year and message board software costs are $50/year. I recognize that everyone's financial situation is different, especially in this difficult year, so I completely understand if you are unable to donate.

Users can donate at http://www.billikens.com/donate by PayPal, and my Venmo username is smrogers.  If you would like to donate by check, private message or email me at [email protected], and I will send you my address.  Any level of donation is appreciated. 

Donors will be recognized on the message board as a Billikens.com donor for the next two years. If you donate $40 or more (half a month's server costs), you will receive 10 bonus reactions a day on the message board for two years. If you donate by Venmo, simply put your username in the message.  If you donate by PayPal, I will email you to learn your username (if I cannot figure it out from your email address).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by private message.

Thank you for your continued support,

Steve

• SluSignGuy changed the title to 2020 Billikens.com Fundraiser
1 hour ago, drkelsey55 said:

What happened to Billikens Donor tag from last time?

I removed the tag from everyone last night, and I have been readding the tags as I receive donations in 2020.  If you have donated, and your username has not been updated yet, feel free to yell at me, and I will try to update it.

Just donated what I could. Moving to Florida right after Christmas, so kinda penny pinching for the next few months. But I love this board and wanted to contribute whatever I can. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

RUBillsFan and CBFan like this

Venmo option is great.  If anyone tries, it asks for Steve’s last 4 digits of his phone number..however, you can bypass that and pay without confirming.

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Posted this in the SIUE GDT, but I wanted to post here as well:

if there are any regular posters/readers* who would like to donate, but have fallen on hard times due to the pandemic, please PM me.  I’ll toss in $10 on your behalf on top of what I’ve put in already.  That way you’ll get your donor tag for the next 2 years and can pay it forward next time Steve calls for donations.  I’ll also order/pay for take out a meal for you at your favorite locally owned restaurant.  I know the pandemic has been rough on a lot of people and businesses financially.  This will be totally private & no questions asked.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

* - I’m hoping this won’t be the case, but to limit anyone trying to take advantage of me I’m going to limit to folks who had an existing account before November 2020.  I’m also hoping there’s not many out there in a bad situation, but in an effort to cover myself in case I get more requests than I can afford  I’m going to limit this to the first 10 for now.

Amazing gesture!

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Just donated what I could. Moving to Florida right after Christmas, so kinda penny pinching for the next few months. But I love this board and wanted to contribute whatever I can. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Stay active on the Board.  You are a good poster and would be missed.

Thank you to all who have donated so far!  It is really impressive!

If needed for venmo, the last 4 digits of my phone number are 8531.

I haven't heard anything since last night from my forum software support, but this can be somewhat understood given it is Thanksgiving.  I bet for the next few days the board will go back and forth between working and not.

1 minute ago, SluSignGuy said:

Thank you to all who have donated so far!  It is really impressive!

If needed for venmo, the last 4 digits of my phone number are 8531.

I haven't heard anything since last night from my forum software support, but this can be somewhat understood given it is Thanksgiving.  I bet for the next few days the board will go back and forth between working and not.

may change my avatar to Error 522

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

Stay active on the Board.  You are a good poster and would be missed.

12 minutes ago, almaman said:

agree

Thanks guys. I’m not going anywhere. Just a new zip code. Billikens fan for life. Just headed to warmer climates lol. 

CBFan likes this