French O Meter

Tacs32

Last year I shot my mouth off that I though Has would improve at the line. Lead to a bet with my fellow ticket holders as to his % for the year. Cost me $ as we settle on 45% and I was never a contender. What does the board feel would be a fair number for the 20/21 season?

As much as I hate to say it, players don't often vastly improve from the FT line once they've established what their overall skill level is.  French has 371 career FTs and he's made 34.5% of those.  Therefore,  my guess is 35%.

Realistically French could greatly improve and still remain a liability at the FT line.  He shot 32.9% last season.  He'd need to make more than 1 of 4 of his FT misses from last season just to get above 50% which seems like a very tall order.  Even at 50%, he'd still be the guy getting hacked late in the game.  I believe our biggest improvement will be not relying on French late in games to hold a lead.  We'll have Bell & Linssen who are much more capable from the FT line.

I think he gets to around 50% for the season, which as much as he gets fouled, helps us SIGNIFICANTLY throughout the season. But I also agree @RUBillsFan that we will use Jimmy Bell and Linssen late in games that are even reasonably close. Or at the very least work them in and out with offense-defense subs

I'd like to think that Covid plus no fans and the NBA draft feedback will lead Big Has to a 58% season FT%. No way it doesn't improve from last year because though there's logic in what you're saying @RUBillsFan that can't apply the same to someone with this much room for improvement 

Unless he's seen a sports psychologist, I'd say 40% would be his most likely. 45% would be his best, 35% would be the low. I love Has and what he brings to this team, but he's a headcase from the line. Too bad because his PPG could be up around 15-16 if he raised it to about 55%.

Thanks to all who offered input.

Today is Christmas, spring training and New Years resolution all rolled into one as we get our first look at our Bills.  Given my enthusiasm and total belief in Has my first thought is to set the bar for the year at 52.5%. I firmly believe and can see it in my mind that he is knocking down 1 and 1's on the way to the Sweet 16 in Indy.

However as a grad of the SLU Biz school where I took stats and probabilities I understand basic math. Although past performance is not an indication of future results you are what you are after 3 years typically. I have lived thru Erker dating cheerleaders, Melvin Robinson, Craig Upchurch, Carteare Gordon, worse calls I have ever seen, and the list goes on and on of disappointing events. That being said,  Has has been every thing I could have hoped for in a player except this one flaw. Given that I asked for 34.5% on this years bet from my fellow seatmates.

After intense negotiations we have agreed upon 40.05% as this years French-O-Meter number. I believe and have the over.  I know my fellow shared season ticket holders hope they are paying me off in Indy this spring.  

Wishing Nothing but net for  Hasahn from 15 feet.  Go Bills! 

almaman likes this

Presently I am long $200 of Has over at 40.05%. Bets will be settled with my fellow seatmates in legal tender as they have my cash from last year and I want it back.  However,  I would be willing to discuss taking the obvious comp that is coming my way in Billiken cookie dough. Although it goes without saying that it depends upon the final name chosen for the presently unnamed dough.