TV Broadcasts

cheeseman

19 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

When I read Chris May's most recent email, I found something interesting.  Everything I am saying is paraphrasing, since I don't have the emails in front of me.  In a prior email, he said that they were working with the City to try to develop a plan to have fans in the stands.  In the most recent email, he said that they are working with the City and the school's administration.  This may be completely incorrect and reading way too much between the lines, but I interpreted this to mean that school officials (Pesty?) was now an additional obstacle to having fans in the stands.

I'm all for allowing fans in at some point and believe it can be done safely. But I also believe now is not the right time with the most recent increase in cases, county mandates, etc. I think doing so would look really tone death and isn't worth the backlash. If we had started the season a month ago, I think they would have had fans in the building.

rgbilliken and RUBillsFan like this

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm all for allowing fans in at some point and believe it can be done safely. But I also believe now is not the right time with the most recent increase in cases, county mandates, etc. I think doing so would look really tone death and isn't worth the backlash. If we had started the season a month ago, I think they would have had fans in the building.

Fully agree. It is unlikely we are going to get to a point this season where you can have a normal crowd, so what is the purpose of creating any level of increased risk by adding a small group of scattered fans in an indoor setting? The good news is that it appears that there is now a good outlook for normalcy the following season. 

ESPN+ is a stand alone package for about $5/month. You don't need Hulu, cable, youtubeTV, or any other service to subscribe to it. It is truly the best value in the world for sports viewing. My primary sports interests are college basketball and professional and international soccer; it is amazing how much content ESPN+ offers for those sports. 

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Yeah, I was simply pointing out other schools are hosting fans (with precautions).

I understood what you where doing.  I just wanted to point out they had a mask mandate before we got another one of the" of course those stupid hicks that won't wear masks will allow people into the games" posts.

AGB91 and Box and Won like this

27 minutes ago, kshoe said:

-heard on a sports report yesterday that parents of players are not allowed to attend but John Ulett might not be the best source, IF TRUE I think that is going way too far, but one aspect that could sway my thought is how much does it cost to clean the common areas? if only parents were allowed you have 60 people max and that includes parents from the other team, but then I guess the entire building would need to be sanitized

-I would accept the risk of attending games in person and pay more for The U to do whatever would be required to sanitize

almaman likes this

16 minutes ago, davidnark said:

ESPN+ is a stand alone package for about $5/month. You don't need Hulu, cable, youtubeTV, or any other service to subscribe to it. It is truly the best value in the world for sports viewing. My primary sports interests are college basketball and professional and international soccer; it is amazing how much content ESPN+ offers for those sports. 

Thanks for pointing that out.....I might have to hit that.....

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It allows LSU to get out of town earlier that day and back home for a game on Monday.

I figured it had to do with getting out asap, Still not big on 11 am game- because the beer doesn't taste as good. 

brianstl likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Well given that out state Missouri does not have a mask mandate this is not surprising.  

I was in St. Chuck a week or so ago and even the employees in QT were not wearing masks. Strange under the circumstances. Same story in Jeffco.

SLU_Lax likes this

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

I was in St. Chuck a week or so ago and even the employees in QT were not wearing masks. Strange under the circumstances. Same story in Jeffco.

There's no mask mandate in St. Charles County or Jefferson County or New Madrid County which is right next door to Cape Girardeau County, which does.  We are only as strong as our weakest link and the state has weak links all over the place.

Just flew cross country from Baltimore to Phoenix with stop in St. Loo.  Air travel was obviously down but we flew on Mondays to enhance those odds.  Southwest was not crowded, no middle seats used.  Masked at all times.  Everyone at BWI and Sky Harbor were masked as far as I could tell.  Dinner at Dominick's was crowded, more so than PA or MD.  All employees masked.  So it's a personal preference and people going to do what they want.  There are no COVID cops.  

7 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Just flew cross country from Baltimore to Phoenix with stop in St. Loo.  Air travel was obviously down but we flew on Mondays to enhance those odds.  Southwest was not crowded, no middle seats used.  Masked at all times.  Everyone at BWI and Sky Harbor were masked as far as I could tell.  Dinner at Dominick's was crowded, more so than PA or MD.  All employees masked.  So it's a personal preference and people going to do what they want.  There are no COVID cops.  

Southwest Airlines has a mask mandate.  They've booted multiple passengers from flights for violating the mandate.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Thanks for the info.

I’m pumped it’s ESPN+ gives me a few extra days to figure out my FSMW situation.

Plus the 11 AM start is perfect for Bloody Mary’s 

Oh crap I need to figure that out as well. What are our options? AT&T Now (or whatever their app is called) or back to cable?

42 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's no mask mandate in St. Charles County or Jefferson County or New Madrid County which is right next door to Cape Girardeau County, which does.  We are only as strong as our weakest link and the state has weak links all over the place.

Yep. My wife's grandma is currently in the hospital with COVID and her aunt is really sick with COVID as well. My wife's great uncle (grandma's brother) died last week from complications due to COVID, less than 48 hours after being admitted. All of their cases get traced back to my wife's 2nd cousin who lives and works in Jeff Co where no mask mandate exists. She gave it to great uncle who gave it to his other sisters who then visited my wife's grandma who then  gave it to my wife's aunt who takes care of grandma.  Grandma and aunt live in STLCO. COVID doesn't care about county lines.

Anywhooo, back to basketball and drinking....it sounds like I'll be going on my first 3 day bender in years! Drinking will commence at 6pm Wednesday night, carry through Thursday, into Friday, and then end with me passing out on the couch around 1:30pm Saturday. I just hope the kids are on their best behavior for my wife the next 5 days...

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

New Madrid County is not next door to Cape County. Cape County is bordered by Perry, Bollinger, Stoddard, and Scott Counties. I know Scott and Bollinger Counites don't require masks though. Not sure about Perry or Stoddard. Just an FYI. I picked my tix up today for tomorrow's WBB game with Louisville.

AGB91 likes this

57 minutes ago, mdscott24 said:

New Madrid County is not next door to Cape County. Cape County is bordered by Perry, Bollinger, Stoddard, and Scott Counties. I know Scott and Bollinger Counites don't require masks though. Not sure about Perry or Stoddard. Just an FYI. I picked my tix up today for tomorrow's WBB game with Louisville.

FYI SEMO has a $50 fine for students caught maskless....