18 Houston
19 Florida State
20 Oregon
21 UCLA
22 Texas
23 Rutgers
24 Ohio St.
25 Alabama

Others receiving votes: Louisville 55; Florida 52; Michigan 38; Louisiana State 27; San Diego St. 23; Dayton 23; Richmond 21; Maryland 15; Indiana 14; Seton Hall 12; Memphis 12; Connecticut 11; Stanford 10; Oklahoma State 9; Northern Iowa 8; Brigham Young 8; Syracuse 4; Providence 4; Purdue 3; Arkansas 2; Western Kentucky 1; Stephen F. Austin 1; Saint Mary's 1; Loyola-Chicago 1; Georgia Tech 1.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/polls/coaches-poll/2020-2021/2020-11-12

Chris Mooney is the A 10 voter and I guess he doesn't think we are that good.  I note that the Tulane HC, a team we killed last year also didn't think we deserved a vote in the top 25.  Maybe Mr. Mooney will change his opinion after we kick their butts twice this year-I guess beating them by 16 on their home court last year and returning everyone plus adding back GJ and FT Jr. doesn't register with Mooney.

1 minute ago, Brighton said:

Maybe they live up to the hype or not, but the blatant disrespect from the conference is too much to take sometimes.

I totally understand how you feel, because it triggers me sometimes too, but the way I look at it is: I’d much rather be ranked at the  end of the year than the beginning. Hopefully, all the guys see this and use it to destroy the A10 this year. I’d bet money these rankings are posted in the locker room somewhere.

It's an East Coast league.  ATLANTIC 10.  HQ in Newport News.  Tournament in Brooklyn/Washington/Atlantic City.  Top 20 players of last 20 years dominated by St. Joe's kids and even has La Salle guys even though both haven't won squat since whenever.  Dayton gets a bump due to last year; like La Salle did with its Sweet Sixteen luck appearance a few years back.  All means nothing until the smoke clears in March.

36 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

It's an East Coast league.  ATLANTIC 10.  HQ in Newport News.  Tournament in Brooklyn/Washington/Atlantic City.  Top 20 players of last 20 years dominated by St. Joe's kids and even has La Salle guys even though both haven't won squat since whenever.  Dayton gets a bump due to last year; like La Salle did with its Sweet Sixteen luck appearance a few years back.  All means nothing until the smoke clears in March.

Good post.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Exactly, our presence is tolerated but it was never the goal of the East Coast contingent for two Midwestern teams to take over their league.

I don't think I'd concern myself with Chris Mooney. His coaching and intelligence seem to be on the same mediocre level. 

15 years at Richmond 2 NCAA tourney's. Last year with their 2nd place finish was his highest A10 finish ever along with 2 3rd's and 1 tied for 3rd. Hard to believe he's lasted this long. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Exactly, our presence is tolerated but it was never the goal of the East Coast contingent for two Midwestern teams to take over their league.

Well they need to tell the programs not named VCU, Richmond, and Davidson to either step the hell up or put the Patriot League on speed dial. The league should be better than what they've been for a few years now.

Straight up bulletin board material for our guys akin to Drago killing Apollo Creed and just motivating Rocky to train real hard in Siberia.

F Mooney we're coming for you!

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Last year's pre-season trophies are now available on eBay.  I'm not sure why people get upset about these beauty pagents.

being ranked is always better than being unranked. It will always have a positive effect on media coverage, recruiting, fan interest etc. While preseaon ranking is probably the least important, it still helps with above.

bauman and slufan13 like this