SLU Women Stop Activities Due to Covid

HoosierPal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I thought this talk stopped with multiple posters suspended. do we want to go there again? let's talk hoops

I think we all want to talk hoops, but I personally feel discussing the NCAA policies regarding COVID and quarantines should be fair game on a basketball message board. Just yesterday coach K suggested we should be pausing the season (something I don't agree with).

It's a shame people can't keep it on topic and have to go over-the-top in responses, but the elephant in the room here is that at any moment someone related to the mens program could test positive and we'd shut down for two weeks. Even worse, if such an event happened in mid-March we'd be disqualified from the NCAA tournament.

SLU_Lax and majerus mojo like this

i think there at minimum should be an off topic thread, i personally dont want to read all of this. when it spun out of control message board fights ensued and posters were given suspensions.just my opinion. i need a break from covid talk and just seek a respite while talking billiken hoops

AGB91 likes this

7 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

stop the bs that people don't care about the virus.....it's always the same group that starts this crap...talk basketball, not your political agenda....

The only political agenda I have is getting LaSalle and Fordham out of the a10. And electing Travis Ford president in 2036

RUBillsFan and rgbilliken like this

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I can't believe we're still getting the same bad COVID takes from April in December.

How many times do you need to be wrong about a thing before changing your mind? How much evidence, information, and data could you possibly require?

It's the same 5 or so posters who get triggered every time someone mentions it, as if we can avoid discussing the single most important factor shaping this basketball season. 28 teams have yet to play a game, including 3 in the A10. A couple dozen more have cancelled or postponed games after being shelved for some amount of time.

The people snapping about this, being ignorant, and trashing our own players' deceased family members could do us all a favor and grow up. It's possible to have a reasonable discussion about this, and it's insulting to pretend like we can't talk about - once again - by far the single most important element of this season.

no, it's people like you Pistol who want to rub the death's of others in people's face....if you want to be angry with someone, how about starting with the Chinese instead of Billiken fans????? Sadly, you and your ilk will never let it go......

dennis_w likes this

i think there at minimum should be an off topic thread, i personally dont want to read all of this. when it spun out of control message board fights ensued and posters were given suspensions.just my opinion. i need a break from covid talk and just seek a respite while talking billiken hoops

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

As long as everyone agrees with certain posters, then a reasonable discussion can take place. once a different viewpoint is introduced the suspensions are forthcoming. lets talk hoops

It’s the same pattern, a certain group starts the attacks and then are offended when there is pushback...

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I can't believe we're still getting the same bad COVID takes from April in December.

How many times do you need to be wrong about a thing before changing your mind? How much evidence, information, and data could you possibly require?

It's the same 5 or so posters who get triggered every time someone mentions it, as if we can avoid discussing the single most important factor shaping this basketball season. 28 teams have yet to play a game, including 3 in the A10. A couple dozen more have cancelled or postponed games after being shelved for some amount of time.

The people snapping about this, being ignorant, and trashing our own players' deceased family members could do us all a favor and grow up. It's possible to have a reasonable discussion about this, and it's insulting to pretend like we can't talk about - once again - by far the single most important element of this season.

From Steve:

"If anyone brings the repulsive garbage that was in this thread to other threads, which have stayed relatively clean, I will have a very short leash for banning."

Are you one of the privileged elite, Pistol who are exempt from following the rules? I thought it was very proper that Steve put a stop to the crap that was very divisive.  I know from personal experience that he banned a number of people who engaged. You contribute to the board in a number of positive ways. A lot of people, including myself, really appreciate your insights on Billikens basketball.  You get lots of recognition for it. Why can't you leave it at that? You KNOW that topic is going to cause major division on this board...yet you, and some others won't let it go. Most people come here for basketball and want to get away from the garbage. I have to follow the rules...why don't you?

I agree that discussing the COVID implications for March Madness is a fair topic, but this topic has also devolved from this topic.  

I, therefore, am closing this thread [in may reopen on the new server, but I will close it there too]