A10 preseason poll

wgstl

Grady is still living off his FR year after which he should have declared for the draft.  I'd take HF or JP over him in a minute!

The votes were before the Sherrod injury but still indicate a lack of respect for SLU.  Coach, Bulletin Board material.

Short of Tre Mitchell, it's a guard's league once again.  To post this without going back after the Sherrod injury seems ludicrous.  I still don't see the Tyler Burton/Conner Crabtree team replacing what Sherrod brought to the table but we shall see.  

I love how these are just now 6-player teams, which makes no sense but allows them to give more players honors.

I obviously disagree with the pick of Richmond over SLU. I think the rest is more or less right. You can scramble the middle any way you want. Plus, in a shortened season with potentially even more shortening coming depending on how COVID tests shake out, anything can happen.

The league looks stronger overall despite Toppin leaving and a 29-2 team being back down a little bit. The first team is stacked with good guards and the second team is stacked with guys we all hate to play against.

French and Goodwin are tied as the leading returning rebounders among the all-conference teams, and it isn't close. Love it.

5 of 6 players return from last season's 1st team all-conference and all 6 players return from the second team. Lots of returning talent in the A-10 this year. Kyle Lofton was 1st team all conference last season but is now down to 2nd team. Grady and Tre Mitchell were the two newcomers to the first team.

-did they say there was tie and that is why there are 6? 6 on a team makes no sense to me unless a tie in the vote - JPerk 3rd team? see my last phrase

-ok, give Rich the love before the season starts, I would prefer we are projected to win (like SVU in almost every other season) but after we win the league the love needs to flow our direction

-I am a bit surprised Rich had that many more first place votes than we did, shows some folks don't have a clue

bauman likes this

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Short of Tre Mitchell, it's a guard's league once again.  To post this without going back after the Sherrod injury seems ludicrous.  I still don't see the Tyler Burton/Conner Crabtree team replacing what Sherrod brought to the table but we shall see.  

In that photo Mitchell looks guard sized. ??? I guess they did not take it in person. 

22 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-did they say there was tie and that is why there are 6? 6 on a team makes no sense to me unless a tie in the vote - JPerk 3rd team? see my last phrase

-ok, give Rich the love before the season starts, I would prefer we are projected to win (like SVU in almost every other season) but after we win the league the love needs to flow our direction

-I am a bit surprised Rich had that many more first place votes than we did, shows some folks don't have a clue

Hasnt the A-10 honored 6 players pre-season for years? I feel like I have this discussion every year.  

I think the Big Ten had 10 players on their preseason first team.........