Nebraska MTE BLOWN Up. Close down this thread. Let's go Goat Roping!

HoosierPal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

I've actually been to Chadron. Well, through Chadron. We stopped there for gas on a road trip out to Wyoming. Took US-20, the Bridges to Buttes Byway, which is much more scenic way to cross Nebraska than I-80. Chadron is where it feels like the Midwest turns into the West. That corner of Nebraska is beautiful.

Anyway, Chadron State College is D-II so hopefully it's a better game for those teams than getting a D-III or NAIA team. That said, they were horrible last year and went 4-24. I'm not sure if we'd rather have a third game against them or just take the two we have (I don't think it's on the table, just saying).

Chadron NE to Lincoln NE is 451 miles.  St. Louis to Lincoln is 442 miles.  

Pistol likes this

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-has-not-released-schedule-but-opponents-becoming-more-clear/article_e80d505f-05e8-5fc2-b798-823438241043.html

There are some interesting comments in Stu's article on the MTE.  You can read between the lines, SLU is pissed that Northern Iowa bolted.  Then I take it that the Organizers gave us the Nebraska game as a peace offering.  (I would have rather had WKU, but I think WKU only intended to play two early games and then jump to Louisville for their MTE.)

wgstl likes this

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

So sounds like(if true) just to watch the SLU/LSU game it will cost $30

Little surprised the SEC network isn’t showing it, but that’s probably due to FB taking preference. Do we know for sure B10 network will carry the Neb game? I searched Neb and it didn’t come up? 

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Little surprised the SEC network isn’t showing it, but that’s probably due to FB taking preference. Do we know for sure B10 network will carry the Neb game? I searched Neb and it didn’t come up? 

Maybe it will be on ESPN+? Weird since Fan Guy does not remember a single game last season that was not at least somewhat possible to access reasonably. 

11 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'm not sure what additional verification you're looking for outside of it being listed on Nebraska's website. 

this is total b.s.    it upsets me that our Athletic Department did not do a better job of looking out for their fans thus far

we are totally in the dark about the entire season.   we are being led to believe these two games are going to cost an additional $30

we dont know the status of the money we have paid for the season yet

we have no idea about our schedule beyond this fiasco that is shaping up in nebraska.   

come on SLU communicate.   quit taking us forgranted.  

AGB91 and bauman like this

1 minute ago, Fan Guy said:

Maybe it will be on ESPN+? Weird since Fan Guy does not remember a single game last season that was not at least somewhat possible to access reasonably. 

I keep searching ESPN+ so far no luck. Is there a single game streaming service where we can pay to watch an individual game? If so, would appreciate a link. Maybe SLU site will offer it. 

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I'm not sure what additional verification you're looking for outside of it being listed on Nebraska's website. 

Ok, I’ll accept that and pray it’s right. 

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

SEC network has football games that day

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

this is total b.s.    it upsets me that our Athletic Department did not do a better job of looking out for their fans thus far

we are totally in the dark about the entire season.   we are being led to believe these two games are going to cost an additional $30

we have no idea about our schedule beyond this fiasco that is shaping up in nebraska.   

One game for $30. The way I take it is to not pay FloSports but watch the game you’d have to buy into LSU’s account and Nebraska’s each for $30. Neb game on B10 hopefully. 

41 minutes ago, slu72 said:

SEC Network only has right to home games for SEC teams. 

The Nebraska game is listed on the Big 10 Network website's TV schedule.

https://btn.com/shows/

50 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I know things are constantly changing, but nearly every other program in the country appears to have the ability to update their schedule on their athletic department's website.  I think we should all expect that from SLU.

AGB91 and billiken_roy like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I agree. Why is it so hard to communicate with your season ticket holders? We will hear from Chris May when he wants to keep our money, not a minute sooner. 

SLU_Lax and BilliesBy40 like this

• HoosierPal changed the title to Nebraska MTE BLOWN Up. Close down this thread. Let's go Goat Roping!
2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I think ESPN now has the rights to the SLU games, since they are home games.  That means FSMW could pick them up or at a minimum they will be on ESPN+.

I thought FSMW had a contract for our home games. I know on occasion ESPN did them from the Fetz if they were big enough, but FSMW did most of them. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I thought FSMW had a contract for our home games. I know on occasion ESPN did them from the Fetz if they were big enough, but FSMW did most of them. 

ESPN has the rights to all home games of A10 teams and the A10 Tournament.  They then reach agreements with other networks for packages of games.  For example, ESPN sublicenses the rights of the A10 Championship Game and a package of games to CBS/CBS Sports Network.  They then cut deals with regional networks/local channels for other regular season games they will not be broadcasting on one of their networks.