ESPN+

Taj79

May have jumped the gun here but not taking chances so I am back on the ESPN+ rolls.

Since I did that,I checked the schedule listings for college basketball and surprisingly, they are up starting with November 25.  As best as i can tell, all games that are currently scheduled are listed.  They have the games listed in Louisville at the YUM Center, the Mohegan Sun MTE, the Xavier MTE, and the Sioux Falls MTE to name a few.  There is nothing listed for the Lincoln MTE but I am guessing that just has not been finalized.  I would think (hopefully) that once SLU among others lists a final schedule, they will get up there.  They even list Iona at Fordham at Rose Hill that day.  

Hope springs eternal.

Taj, last year all but 7 of 30 games were shown on Fox Sports MW or one of the following ESPN 2 or U, CBSSN or NBCSN with only 6 of 30 on ESPN+ (and one of those was a home game).  One game was on the ACCN (BC) and one (Tulane) not on any station that I could find.  So I guess my question is in a 24-25 game season does it seem reasonable to buy ESPN+?  I don't know what it costs, but do you think it's worthwhile for a small number of games, especially since I think we will be covered more this year than last year on ESPN/NBCSN/CBSSN/FOX MW, given our pre-season hype?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-$6 to watch ONE SLU game on ESPN+? count me in, doubt I would watch anything else on it for the month but I would have the SLU game, all that counts on this one

This is how I am.

i don’t have it right now but as soon as I see it’s the only way to get a Bills game I’ll get it. 

Then I drop it after college basketball.

I don't know why Frank, today, and even TF in the interview say the games will be in Omaha.  If they are going to be at NU, then they would be played at Lincoln.  Does anyone know for sure which is correct?

The Ford segment on Frank's show today included Rammer and was worth a listen for all of you It's on Fans 590.  Cosch said UNI is first game, as of now.

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-$6 to watch ONE SLU game on ESPN+? count me in, doubt I would watch anything else on it for the month but I would have the SLU game, all that counts on this one

I know it’s kind of a moot point with Covid, but ESPN+ is fairly good with other Billikens sports too, if anyone is interested. I’ve watched women’s hoops and men’s and women’s soccer games on there. For the price, it’s not a bad investment 

slufanskip likes this

8 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I know it’s kind of a moot point with Covid, but ESPN+ is fairly good with other Billikens sports too, if anyone is interested. I’ve watched women’s hoops and men’s and women’s soccer games on there. For the price, it’s not a bad investment 

during normal times.

Reinert310 likes this

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Ditto

Reinert310 and AGB91 like this

5 hours ago, slu72 said:

I have it and watched it maybe 2 times since Feb. I’ll keep it for now because we will get some games. Can’t imagine FSMW won’t broadcast our Lincoln games. 

Past seasons nearly all FSMW broadcasts were SLU home games.

8 hours ago, bauman said:

Taj, last year all but 7 of 30 games were shown on Fox Sports MW or one of the following ESPN 2 or U, CBSSN or NBCSN with only 6 of 30 on ESPN+ (and one of those was a home game).  One game was on the ACCN (BC) and one (Tulane) not on any station that I could find.  So I guess my question is in a 24-25 game season does it seem reasonable to buy ESPN+?  I don't know what it costs, but do you think it's worthwhile for a small number of games, especially since I think we will be covered more this year than last year on ESPN/NBCSN/CBSSN/FOX MW, given our pre-season hype?

6 games seems crazy low for ESPN+. I feel like as an out of towner I’ve been able to watch most of the FSMW broadcasts or SLU games in general via ESPN+, but maybe that was 2 seasons ago? 

11 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

6 games seems crazy low for ESPN+. I feel like as an out of towner I’ve been able to watch most of the FSMW broadcasts or SLU games in general via ESPN+, but maybe that was 2 seasons ago? 

I believe all non-national A-10 broadcasts were aired on ESPN+ for out of towners. 

ESPN+ didn’t air any FSMW games to the best of my recollection. As for the Lincoln MTE, I would think because it’s in the MW FSMW would have a team there. Also it could be shown on either the B10 or SEC channel since they have teams in it. Have to think someone will carry these games, and that ESPN+ will air those feeds. 

@bauman --- you are talking to the A10 basketball junkie here.  I will watch just about any A10 game over almost anything else on the tube .... broadcast, entertainment, movies, etc.  On 11/25, ESPN+ shows games listed of Wichita State vs. Dayton, Iona vs. Fordham, the Bonnies vs. Towson, Rhodey vs. SFAustin; on 11/26 they list  Rhodey vs. Towson, La Salle vs. St. John's, and so on. So to me, it is money well spent.  I never counted how many games i saw last year but it was many.  Maybe 50 not counting SLU games.  I don't get FSMW here in central PA but having ESPN+ means that if its on FSMW I will get it on ESPN+.  I also get MASN, Comcast-Pittsburgh, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, Fox Sports 1 and CBS Sports so I've covered all the available bases I can.

St. Joe's and La Salle are two hours east.  Ditto Mason and Geedubya to the southeast.  Pittsburgh is three hours west.  So I can get to a lot of games in person if I so desire in non-COVID times.  I always cancel in March because I am really only there for college basketball.  Any other SLU stuff is gravy.

What I did notice is Stadium is no longer part of my cable package and i did watch games there last year as well.  Once the season starts, all of my A10 reports are based on what I see. 

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

@bauman --- you are talking to the A10 basketball junkie here.  I will watch just about any A10 game over almost anything else on the tube .... broadcast, entertainment, movies, etc.  On 11/25, ESPN+ shows games listed of Wichita State vs. Dayton, Iona vs. Fordham, the Bonnies vs. Towson, Rhodey vs. SFAustin; on 11/26 they list  Rhodey vs. Towson, La Salle vs. St. John's, and so on. So to me, it is money well spent.  I never counted how many games i saw last year but it was many.  Maybe 50 not counting SLU games.  I don't get FSMW here in central PA but having ESPN+ means that if its on FSMW I will get it on ESPN+.  I also get MASN, Comcast-Pittsburgh, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, Fox Sports 1 and CBS Sports so I've covered all the available bases I can.

St. Joe's and La Salle are two hours east.  Ditto Mason and Geedubya to the southeast.  Pittsburgh is three hours west.  So I can get to a lot of games in person if I so desire in non-COVID times.  I always cancel in March because I am really only there for college basketball.  Any other SLU stuff is gravy.

What I did notice is Stadium is no longer part of my cable package and i did watch games there last year as well.  Once the season starts, all of my A10 reports are based on what I see. 

Taj, thanks for the reply.  I ca n see it's a real value for you living in Baltimore, more so than for me in STL.  However, once the schedule comes out, including TV, I'll take a look at how many Bills games will only be available on ESPN+ .

10 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Yea that can’t be right. ESPN+ is well worth the $5 month during Bills season 

I believe the ESPN+ games were all local feeds from the home team that we can't get on FSMW. The announcers are homers, which is ok. I just don't recall seeing any Billiken home games on ESPN+ unless it was an ESPNU or ESPN schedules broadcast. I may be wrong and will accept being wrong. I just don't recall it. 

I was initially reluctant regarding ESPN+ in the past out of principle. Your satellite and cable bills of the past are high in large part because of ESPN and sports channels. Another $5 in addition to already paying for several other ESPN owned channels wasn’t appealing. 

But I have been able to see many college and pro sports events daily, soccer, basketball, baseball, several different sports etc...

I would like to be able to do more things with it with regards to recording FF RW etc...is that is how I watch and rewatch games often. 

The other small negative is having to jump in and out if need to be to view something on something else. But there is value there. 

Random example: Playoff local high school sports is $10 a game for soccer, football, and likely basketball this season with Mshsaa. But they are poorly run and don’t understand that more access means more fans and more $. 

In conclusion, some apps have that one show or movie etc...for your cost, but at least for me there many games in several sports I like at a reasonable cost (not unimportant) 

ESPN has been able to keep it $5 so far to gain volume before any price increases. Other individual sports, example Tennis do it poorly, too expensive and you have to commit to a year instead of easy add drop monthly that people want.

@willie ---- nope.  Only been run out of St. Louis so far.  Oh, and Richmond, Kentucky.  And Anniston, Alabama.  Dayton's not too fond of me either.So three, working on four.