Name SLU Cookie Dough

SluSignGuy

9 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

No.......

“Team Blue” and it’s over use is probably my least favorite thing Travis has done. The university has the most unique mascot in the history of sports and have almost completely ignored it in favor of the most generic rally cry. Sorry if this offends.
So yes naming the cookie dough anything to do with Team Blue would possibly the worst branding decision. 

slufan13 and TheChosenOne like this

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

“Team Blue” and it’s over use is probably my least favorite thing Travis has done. The university has the most unique mascot in the history of sports and have almost completely ignored it in favor of the most generic rally cry. Sorry if this offends.
So yes naming the cookie dough anything to do with Team Blue would possibly the worst branding decision. 

I thought you were making some sort of larger negative statement.........To rip off the Average Joes, Team Blue will never die.....

This is a fun exercise, but I have some questions:

1. Why are Dierbergs and SLU teaming up on a cookie dough?  Is there really a demand for SLU specific cookie dough?

2. Will this cookie dough be a certain flavor?  That would greatly help with the naming process.

"Defiant Dough" which is the brand that shows up in the picture on Twitter is a Chesterfield, MO based cookie dough company (https://www.defiantcookiedough.com/).  I had never heard of them before so good marketing for them as well I guess.  I'm assuming they have something to do with the partnership as well.  Looks like they offer several different flavors (chocolate chip, no chip, brownie batter, cake batter, peanut butter, oatmeal, sugar cookie, "signature", gluten free, keto, etc.).  You can't tell what flavor from the Twitter picture, but it looks like it will have blue streaks in it.

My cynical view is that this is sort of a cheap trick to sell some cookie dough with SLU & Dierbergs getting some small benefits.  They're probably just adding some blue dye to an existing cookie dough and slapping a SLU name & packaging on it.  I wonder if they're doing this or plan to do this with any other colleges or sports teams.  

Now some fun suggestions:

-Mascot should be the Billsbury doughboy.  Small roundish Billiken with a bakers hat.  No copyright issues I'm sure.

-Alternatively or perhaps as a partner to the Billsbury doughboy could be a wise old Jesuit baker named DoughBourg.

willie likes this

25 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

1. Why are Dierbergs and SLU teaming up on a cookie dough?  Is there really a demand for SLU specific cookie dough?

2. Will this cookie dough be a certain flavor?  That would greatly help with the naming process.

"Defiant Dough" which is the brand that shows up in the picture on Twitter is a Chesterfield, MO based cookie dough company (https://www.defiantcookiedough.com/).  I had never heard of them before so good marketing for them as well I guess.  I'm assuming they have something to do with the partnership as well.  Looks like they offer several different flavors (chocolate chip, no chip, brownie batter, cake batter, peanut butter, oatmeal, sugar cookie, "signature", gluten free, keto, etc.).  You can't tell what flavor from the Twitter picture, but it looks like it will have blue streaks in it.

My cynical view is that this is sort of a cheap trick to sell some cookie dough with SLU & Dierbergs getting some small benefits.  They're probably just adding some blue dye to an existing cookie dough and slapping a SLU name & packaging on it.  I wonder if they're doing this or plan to do this with any other colleges or sports teams.  

-Mascot should be the Billsbury doughboy.  Small roundish Billiken with a bakers hat.  No copyright issues I'm sure.

-Alternatively or perhaps as a partner to the Billsbury doughboy could be a wise old Jesuit baker named DoughBourg.

-yeah that's what it appears to be

-I suggest take your first five words instead of the cynical view approach

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

You’re asking too many questions. Anything that puts any new Billiken merchandise on the shelves is a net positive. A huge failure of the SLU athletic department for decades now has been a lack of Billiken on store shelves. So I’m not going to ask questions, visit dierbergs on launch day and shove cookie dough in my fat face.

also I’d venture to guess this dough would have also been announced much ealier along with the revelation it would be available inside the arena.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

For you old timers. How about Billy Lou.