New Assistant Coach

Ibruce

16 hours ago, thetorch said:

Will we hire another asst to the HC?

I'm wondering the same thing.  Everything I've seen on Twitter, etc. is people saying the staff is "full", but isn't that asst to the HC posiiton now open?  I suspect that with the budget restrictions due to COVID, SLU just won't have anyone in that spot for at least 2020-21.  The position was only added last year, so it is not like we're going to be extremely understaffed compared to prior years.

I understand this move given all the financial pressures the AD is likely under. And I’m sure Giacoletti will do a good job. But we lost our lead assistant in Bailey because of money and then effectively did not replace him (presumably for cost reasons). Last year we lost our lead assistant in Macon (who took a pay raise to leave) and replaced him with a much cheaper and less-experienced internal promotion.

Dont get me wrong, I think we have a great staff. But I just hope that Travis is consistently getting the resources he needs to make this a top 50 program. 

RUBillsFan likes this

40 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  Everything I've seen on Twitter, etc. is people saying the staff is "full", but isn't that asst to the HC posiiton now open?  I suspect that with the budget restrictions due to COVID, SLU just won't have anyone in that spot for at least 2020-21.  The position was only added last year, so it is not like we're going to be extremely understaffed compared to prior years.

i think that position was kinda created just so we could get giacolleti on the staff.  i doubt they will intend to fill. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Slowry said:

That’s great for the young man and I hope he does really well.  But I hope this wasn’t the “big” news that was teased.

I think it was.  Chapley made a clumsy joke about breaking news against the election news last night.