A10's Top 50

Taj79

Returning players are ranked:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/08/10/atlantic-10-basketball-ranking-top-50-returning-players-2020-21-season/

In short:  

Saint Louis: Collins (#31); Jimerson (#28);  Perkins (#12); French (#10); and Goodwin (#5).

Richmond:  Cayo (#41); Sherrod (#20); Franics (#16); Golden (#7); and Gilyard (#3).

Rounding out the Top Five are Lofton (SBU #4), Crutcher (Dayton - #2) and Mitchell (Umass - #1).

If you did totals, it is SLU by one 86 to 87 over Richmond.  With essentially a push, this would seem to indicate the over-the-hump status to come from the bench of those not listed.  In that case, you have to like what Bell, Jacobs, Thatch, Linssen and Hargrove add to our mix.  Of course, games are played and won on the court and I like where we stack up against anybody.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Returning players are ranked:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/08/10/atlantic-10-basketball-ranking-top-50-returning-players-2020-21-season/

In short:  

Saint Louis: Collins (#31); Jimerson (#28);  Perkins (#12); French (#10); and Goodwin (#5).

Richmond:  Cayo (#41); Sherrod (#20); Franics (#16); Golden (#7); and Gilyard (#3).

Rounding out the Top Five are Lofton (SBU #4), Crutcher (Dayton - #2) and Mitchell (Umass - #1).

If you did totals, it is SLU by one 86 to 87 over Richmond.  With essentially a push, this would seem to indicate the over-the-hump status to come from the bench of those not listed.  In that case, you have to like what Bell, Jacobs, Thatch, Linssen and Hargrove add to our mix.  Of course, games are played and won on the court and I like where we stack up against anybody.

Ironically, Collins may turn out to be the best player among all of these guys.

1 hour ago, davidnark said:

Wow, Jimerson did not play a game last year against A10 opponents.  Nice ranking for him given he played 10 games.  If Perkins starts, I look for Jimerson to be A10 6th man of the year given comments from Ford on Jimerson's fitness when he returned to campus.

almaman likes this

2 hours ago, davidnark said:

I agree. Imo Yuri's ability to knock down 3's will be the difference in him being good or great. And I don't mean hit 35+ % while shooting 3 a game. I mean hitting 2-3 or more occasionally while shooting 40% +/-  If he can become not just a competent 3 point shooter but a dangerous one he will be a 1st team A10 player and possibly a POY candidate

Before the Bills can shine in the court, the season has to start. I do not recall ever seen a season with as much doubt as the present one. We do not know when the season is going to  start, we do not know if  they are going to play the standard way or in bubbles, we do not know how  many games will be played, we do not know if we will play or planned ooc schedule or not, and finally Lorentsen (spelling?) is not here yet. Finally we do not know if we will be able to attend games or how many games we will be able to attend. We are ready to go and win, but we must be able to play in order to do that.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Before the Bills can shine in the court, the season has to start. I do not recall ever seen a season with as much doubt as the present one. We do not know when the season is going to  start, we do not know if  they are going to play the standard way or in bubbles, we do not know how  many games will be played, we do not know if we will play or planned ooc schedule or not, and finally Lorentsen (spelling?) is not here yet. Finally we do not know if we will be able to attend games or how many games we will be able to attend. We are ready to go and win, but we must be able to play in order to do that.

F..ck. Do you think we don't know this? Can we just f..king talk about Billiken basketball without some know it all feeling the need to remind us of what we already know. This is really starting to piss me off, someone is going to have to meet me in Salina KS 

SLU_Nick likes this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

F..ck. Do you think we don't know this? Can we just f..king talk about Billiken basketball without some know it all feeling the need to remind us of what we already know. This is really starting to piss me off, someone is going to have to meet me in Salina KS 

Ignoring Old Guy when things got bad here a few months back has made things so much better. 

BilliesBy40 likes this