AD May on NCAA Coordination Committee

The Student Athlete Experience Committee reports to the overall (40 member) council.  This committee deals with the issue of "amateurism."  So, for what its worth, May's participation in the Division I Council should put him right in the middle of the discussions regarding rules relating to student athletes remaining amateurs or getting paid.

-thank you for the graphic, it partially answers my question of is there prestige or power that goes with this. the next question is does SLU benefit from this committee assignment? and the third question is does this present CMay an opportunity to find a new job, if he is looking? 

23 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-thank you for the graphic, it partially answers my question of is there prestige or power that goes with this. the next question is does SLU benefit from this committee assignment? and the third question is does this present CMay an opportunity to find a new job, if he is looking? 

Yes to all the questions.  Will it result in a new job who knows.

I think, or I hope, that he gives an athletic program in SLU's position and others like it a voice in some of these decisions.  Chris knows the issues that are floating around the NCAA landscape that may have positive or negative effects on our athletic programs.  I assume that he takes positions in line with what's best for SLU's unique part of the landscape.

HoosierPal likes this

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Why would Chris May be looking for another opportunity?

30 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

money perhaps

Always possible.  Today athletic departments are looking to cut budgets.  Take a football school, ax the current AD and then bring in a replacement at 50% of the old salary, which might still be a raise over his current situation.  But I'm comfortable with AD May continuing to run the SLUship.

• 3 weeks later...