Recruiting - 2024

Pistol

49 minutes ago, Old guy said:

He also created the New Style Army that went to battle chanting hymns. This was something that the Union Armies also did with the Battle Hymn of the Republic during the Civil War.

Roundheads beat the Cavaliers by a huge margin back then…

Billiken Rich likes this

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Roundheads beat the Cavaliers by a huge margin back then…

I think that, at least to some degree, the high margin of victory depended upon the fact that the Cavaliers  considered the opposition totally inferior to them and so they were not ready to fight them. Besides the roundheads really believed that their God was a mighty fortress as they sang as they fought.

19 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Trilly just called Max Pikaar to SLU

Nice. He is very mobile for a big and can hit 3s.  His dad played at Dayton, they are from the Netherlands.

5 minutes ago, TRN said:

Nice. He is very mobile for a big and can hit 3s.  His dad played at Dayton, they are from the Netherlands.

Seems to be a good passer as well. Passing highlights starts at 2:40 mark. 

Long legs so it remains to be seen whether he can dunk over a trash can. Appears to be somewhat athletic though.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think that, at least to some degree, the high margin of victory depended upon the fact that the Cavaliers  considered the opposition totally inferior to them and so they were not ready to fight them. Besides the roundheads really believed that their God was a mighty fortress as they sang as they fought.

This forum is no place for ethnic slurs. Do better.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

This forum is no place for ethnic slurs. Do better.

All English guys on both sides. The Roundheads were what the people rebelling against Charles I called themselves, the Cavaliers were what the royalist forces supporting the king called themselves. 

Billikitty7 likes this

Max Pikaar iss listed as 6'11, 200lbs and his only P5 offer is Penn St. Other offers include ISU, St. Bonaventure, Idaho State, Middle Tennessee State, and Sam Houston State. From Wichita, KS. 

247Sports has no ratings, Verbal Commits has him as 4 star 3.71 rating.

Dutch kid so I'm sure he's very nice and rides a bike.

I guess this means to Nitu. Similar players to fit the system. Seems like Schertz has a plan.

6 minutes ago, Zink said:

Seems very similar to Nitu. Wonder if Schertz wants both or if Nitu will be going elsewhere. 

Graves was his lead recruiter. Seems like Indiana State is still his most likely landing spot.

I'm still not sure about Alderink or Birmingham, the other 2 ISU signees.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Graves was his lead recruiter. Seems like Indiana State is still his most likely landing spot.

I'm still not sure about Alderink or Birmingham, the other 2 ISU signees.

Would seem to me if Schertz thought Nitu was better, he would place his emphasis there.

Busy couple of weeks ahead for visits

This week, Dotzler, Turnbull, Avila, Swope, and Manyawu.  Then Newell, DeLoach and McCottry maybe the following week.

Interesting mix of players.  Manyawu and DeLoach don't shoot threes so the myth of 'must shoot three's' appears to be false.  I'm not seeing a battle tested classical point guard in the mix, yet.  DeLoach was a bench player at Georgia but had a nice two years at VCU - 10 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 1.4 bpg rim protector.

The Recruiting Lists thread has been updated as follows:

• 2024 offer names have been updated, but these are still the players that Ford's staff offered. Because the recruiting cycle is so short for a new coach in the spring, I'm not updating it with Schertz's offers for this class. It is unlikely any of these players are still in play for this cycle.
  • 2025-2027 offers from Ford's staff will remain. Most of these will become stale if they aren't stale already, but there is the chance that Schertz's staff refreshes some of them. I keep all offers listed for documentation purposes, regardless.
  • 2024-2027 interest names for the previous staff have been removed. Remaining interest names are only players that the previous staff recruited and the new staff follows.
  • Interests have not been updated to reflect all recruits the new staff is tracking. I will let the dust settle a bit from this period and then pay attention to the new recruits they're pursuing in the 2025 class and beyond.
  • I still have to do updates on 2025-2027 in terms of recent offers, interests, etc. Much like the previous staff, I have not done a lot in recent months. That will be changing now.