Pistol

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Would be a game changer, and im talking for the program, not just the team.

It would be phenomenal to get Bol & would clearly have a positive impact on the program.  That being said, he's very likely a one & done prospect, right?  I think the impact one & done guys can have is largely overstated.  Big boost on the court during their 1 season, some lingering impact if other solid guys sign to play with them, some lingering impact of having a guy in the NBA to sell to recruits, but the impact fades quickly.  Getting Larry Hughes for example was huge for that one year & had positive effects for few years after, but any impact was largely gone within a few years.  I think getting a really talented 4 year player like Jordan Goodwin can have more of an impact on the program.

It would be remarkable signing for coach Ford to sign Bol.

I wonder what the young man’s interest are for playing college basketball?

Interests such as does he want to play in front of friends and family, academics, coach, school, warmer climate?

28 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It would be phenomenal to get Bol & would clearly have a positive impact on the program.  That being said, he's very likely a one & done prospect, right?  I think the impact one & done guys can have is largely overstated.  Big boost on the court during their 1 season, some lingering impact if other solid guys sign to play with them, some lingering impact of having a guy in the NBA to sell to recruits, but the impact fades quickly.  Getting Larry Hughes for example was huge for that one year & had positive effects for few years after, but any impact was largely gone within a few years.  I think getting a really talented 4 year player like Jordan Goodwin can have more of an impact on the program.

I get what you're saying, but I'll still take it over not getting a player of that profile.

John Bol to me seems to raw to be one and done. 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I get what you're saying, but I'll still take it over not getting a player of that profile.

John Bol to me seems to raw to be one and done. 

Absolutely, I'm not saying you pass on a 5* 1 & done recruit or don't make an effort to get them because the impact they will have on your program long term is negligible.  I'm more saying that if you don't land Bol it isn't the end of the world / won't set the program back / etc. because the bump from landing him would be short lived.

I've only seen highlights & don't know much about him other than his ranking.  A guy ranked that high should be thinking 1 & done.  He's still just a sophomore so a lot of time between now & when he's draft eligible.  Plus NBA often drafts more on potential than polish.

wgstl likes this

36 minutes ago, CBFan said:

It would be remarkable signing for coach Ford to sign Bol.

I wonder what the young man’s interest are for playing college basketball?

Interests such as does he want to play in front of friends and family, academics, coach, school, warmer climate?

Get the NIL dollars lined up. 

brianstl and CBFan like this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

One and done players are finishing pieces that turn top 40 teams to top 10 teams. A true top ten guy like Bol that end up being one and done guys make a team like us this year a final four contender. That is Nesbitt and Jimerson's (hopefully) senior season. If this program is going to keep improving, I don't care how long you have with a guy like that - you take therm.

BilliesBy40 likes this

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I know this is oversimplifying things, but we won more NCAA tournament games in Larry Legend’s one season than in four years with Goodwin.

billiken_roy likes this

• 1 month later...

New name on the 2024 interest list:

Nassir Binion - SG, 6-4, 170 - St. Louis, MO (CBC) - AAU: MPJ Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @NassirB12
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, LSU, Murray State, Southeast Missouri.

Latest News: Binion has new interest from SLU. (4/5/22)

Scouting Report: Binion is a crafty, tough, athletic guard who plays with a high motor. He's a strong finisher who takes contact. He hits his jump shot consistently off the dribble. He's an excellent defender who pressures the ball and knows how to use his length to his advantage. He never takes a play off and hits the offensive glass hard.