2020-21 Season

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

If, for some reason, we decide to activate him this season, what does that do to our roster restrictions?  Are we free to just put him on the bench, or does that mean someone else gets bumped?  I'm just not sure how the rules work on this one.

It would have no impact on the roster restrictions. He already takes up one of our 13 scholarship spots.

All that said, he just had surgery and hasn’t even come close to practicing yet as far as I know. I’d be very surprised if we see Okoro play this year.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NH said:

It would have no impact on the roster restrictions. He already takes up one of our 13 scholarship spots.

All that said, he just had surgery and hasn’t even come close to practicing yet as far as I know. I’d be very surprised if we see Okoro play this year.

The idea of an injured player who hasn't practiced all season, being medically cleared to play in the final week and playing a pivotal role in the postseason is the stuff movies are made of.  But I've yet to see it in real life.

40 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The idea of an injured player who hasn't practiced all season, being medically cleared to play in the final week and playing a pivotal role in the postseason is the stuff movies are made of.  But I've yet to see it in real life.

I can see it now.  Okoro, wearing a Willis Reed #19 jersey, comes limping out of the locker room to help the Bills win the A10 championship.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I can see it now.  Okoro, wearing a Willis Reed #19 jersey, comes limping out of the locker room to help the Bills win the A10 championship.

One of my favorite moments in sports history.   Probably only exceeded by kirk Gibson homerun.  

I didn’t see this Okoro discussion here and posted a similar question in the recruiting thread. But I’ll add this; what’s the downside of suiting him up if he’s fully rehabbed? We don’t have to use him much, just a bit here and there to chip away some of the rust. 

32 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

To do it right you need Jim Ross on play by play, "My gawd that's Okoro's music!".

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I didn’t see this Okoro discussion here and posted a similar question in the recruiting thread. But I’ll add this; what’s the downside of suiting him up if he’s fully rehabbed? We don’t have to use him much, just a bit here and there to chip away some of the rust. 

There's no downside to suiting up after he's fully rehabbed.  But the idea that he's going to do anything besides watch in full uniform from the sidelines is magical thinking. 

We're looking at a well-oiled machine yet message board mechanics still want to fix it.  "Chipping away the rust" is done against cupcakes in November and December, not in March when you're fighting for a conference title.  If anything, we'll be shortening the rotation by then.

on my previous post where i state willis reed moment only exceeded by kirk gibson's homerun, i cant find it, (i'm not the best internet searcher) but after that homerun, a few nights later, bob costas was on Johnny Carson and told the story of that homerun from his view point.   

it went something like this.   costas was sent to the dodgers clubhouse to do post game interviews.   since larussa had brought in eckersley, all assumed the game was all but over as eck was in his heyday then.   costas goes up the tunnel to watch the end of the game from behind the dugout.   lasorda calls gibson over to talk.   gibson was doubtful for the rest of the series and could barely walk over to lasorda.   lasorda asks him, "think you have one good swing left and can maybe just get a hit to keep the inning going?"

gibson tells him, "let me take some swings in the tunnel."  

he proceeds to go by costas, barely able to walk.   and starts taking some shadow swings.   he was grunting and groaning with everyone and costas is thinking, "my gosh this guy should be in the hospital not thinking about pinch hitting."

gibson then limps by costas, never saying a word or even looking at him.   he goes up to lasorda and says, "i'll give it a try."

the rest is history.    with that back story it is so amazing.    watch the swing.   hell he swings with no legs.   

there also was a recent interview of gibson where he goes over his thinking as he comes to the plate and until he crosses home plate after the homer.    he was waiting for that one pitch that the scouts had told him eckersley was likely to give him to get him out.  and sure enough it came.   just love this story.  and i am a dodger hater.    

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That stuff really pisses me off. The city and county need to get on board with CDC guidelines...

Lyda and Sam don't talk to each other. My solution is to move the team to the St. Charles Arena for the duration of at least winter break.  10,000 seats.  Stay at Lindenwood dorms, or whatever is available.

bauman likes this

46 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's no downside to suiting up after he's fully rehabbed.  But the idea that he's going to do anything besides watch in full uniform from the sidelines is magical thinking. 

We're looking at a well-oiled machine yet message board mechanics still want to fix it.  "Chipping away the rust" is done against cupcakes in November and December, not in March when you're fighting for a conference title.  If anything, we'll be shortening the rotation by then.

Well, I’m thinking there might be few blowouts against the dregs of the A10. 3-4 minutes of slop time isn’t going to hurt him or the team. Plus, with the plague you never know who might miss a game or two. Again, I don’t see the downside. I do agree, however, there’s no need to stick him into a regular rotation at this point. We’re looking good on the inside with our 3 current bigs. 

7 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I fully expect this team to roll George Mason at Chaifetz in the final game of the regular season.  There should be garbage time available during that game to get Okoro a few minutes if healthy.

We also should roll @GW 2/6, @Fordham 2/13 and LaSalle 2/16.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I fully expect this team to roll George Mason at Chaifetz in the final game of the regular season.  There should be garbage time available during that game to get Okoro a few minutes if healthy.

We also should roll @GW 2/6, @Fordham 2/13 and LaSalle 2/16.

Great, more time to get Thatch and Hargrove and Bell on the floor, you know, the guys who have been busting their ass in practice all year.

RUBillsFan and cgeldmacher like this

2 minutes ago, slusam said:

It's amazing how low Richmond is rated on both of sites

I think once they beat Kentucky, it was like holy cow, but now we've seen what Kentucky is. That win has lost its luster. N Iowa was supposed to be a good win, then they underwhelmed early and lost their best player. Rich hasn't run teams like we have. Frankly, they don't have the wins that we do either. Most metrics are certainly unimpressed with Richmond 

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I think once they beat Kentucky, it was like holy cow, but now we've seen what Kentucky is. That win has lost its luster. N Iowa was supposed to be a good win, then they underwhelmed early and lost their best player. Rich hasn't run teams like we have. Frankly, they don't have the wins that we do either. Most metrics are certainly unimpressed with Richmond 

Hopefully that changes.  Richmond is a good team and we need their metrics to reflect that.

slufanskip likes this