2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Also a return game for Jericole Hellems

Does it count as a return game if none of his family / friends are in the arena?

I've seen a lot of St. Louis kids come back and go bonkers vs the Billikens.  Hopefully not having family / friends there makes this less likely to happen.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Indiana State isn't a piece of cake either.  We absolutely need to take care of business this week and we will be ranked.

Just to add to this here are KenPom's odds of winning the games:

Indiana State - 88%

NC State - not yet posted, they are 1 spot ahead of us, but SLU will be slightly favored at home.  I'd guess 55%ish.

Minnesota - 44%

Combined odds of winning all 3 games (assuming NC State is 55%) would be just 21%.  I think KenPom has SLU underrated and I believe SLU can win all of these games, but it will be a tall task to win all 3 in the span of 6 days.

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Indiana State isn't a piece of cake either.  We absolutely need to take care of business this week and we will be ranked.

We’re going 3-0 this week and will be ranked come Monday. Speaking it into existence.

29 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

We’re going 3-0 this week and will be ranked come Monday. Speaking it into existence.

Im just gonna say this, IF we were to win(one game at a time mentality before someone lashes out at me) we're not just in the ranking, we're right around 15

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im just gonna say this, IF we were to win(one game at a time mentality before someone lashes out at me) we're not just in the ranking, we deserve to be right around 15

fixed 

The A10 just announced formally changing COVID-19 protocols.

“Protocols for the 2020-21 men’s and women’s basketball season were revised to reflect the changing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and NCAA return to sport resocialization guidelines. This includes the recent shortening of the quarantine period from 14 to 10 days, and seven days with negative testing.  Additionally, the suspension of testing following a positive result, which was originally 90 days, could be considered for up to 150 days.  In both instances, the individual must remain asymptomatic.L

RUBillsFan and rgbilliken like this

19 minutes ago, ARon said:

The A10 just announced formally changing COVID-19 protocols.

“Protocols for the 2020-21 men’s and women’s basketball season were revised to reflect the changing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and NCAA return to sport resocialization guidelines. This includes the recent shortening of the quarantine period from 14 to 10 days, and seven days with negative testing.  Additionally, the suspension of testing following a positive result, which was originally 90 days, could be considered for up to 150 days.  In both instances, the individual must remain asymptomatic.L

This is huge.

7 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This is huge.

Huge for the men's team going forward and for A10 conference play in general. 

Currently huge for the women's team who is under COVID quarantine now.  They paused on 12/8.  Therefore, if they've tested negative, they could resume tomorrow.  I'm not sure what the MVC rules are, but I guess we'll see if they play Indiana State on Thursday or Illinois State on Sunday.  Both games are listed as postponed on the website.  As best I can tell neither of those teams has replaced the SLU games.