2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Do we desperately need a game at Missouri that bad?  I don't think we do.  Our Non-conference schedule went to the dogs but we are still on the verge of cracking the top 25.  I don't think we are all that desperate..... 

So we don't need our OOC to be less terrible?

2 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

No way we do a one off buy game at Missouri.  Do it neutral site if you have to....

Why care about where a game is played this season?  If you can schedule a one off game for this season on the road against a top 25 program that requires a less than two hour bus trip, you do it.   Winning a road game helps you more than a home game and home court advantage will never be less than this season.  Plus, you aren't losing out on the money you would generate with a home game.

The excuses for not playing a game this season only from our side have to stop.

6 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Do we desperately need a game at Missouri that bad?  I don't think we do.  Our Non-conference schedule went to the dogs but we are still on the verge of cracking the top 25.  I don't think we are all that desperate..... 

Minnesota will start to fall back once conference gets rollin' so need one more LSU level game. 

Littlebill likes this

11 minutes ago, DOC said:

If this series is to ever be played, now is the time. We go to Mizzou this year for a game we desperately need, and then play home and home. Everyone wins. They get to say they got a 2 for 1 and we get a power 5 school on the schedule for 3 years and get a much coveted game on the road vs. a top 25 team, next week. We need this game or one like it. Why not parlay it into something that will pay off for the next couple of years? And man will it pay off, with the biggest winners being the respective athletic departments. A full house for a non conference game, along with a good TV deal would be nice for the budget. 

I don't think either program would want to get stuck with the home game for next season until they would be certain attendance policies will be back to normal next season.  That is why I would think if anything happens this season it would only be for this season and nothing more.

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

No but we don't need to throw all of our principles through the shredder either.  Agree to be a buy game once and that's what you are.......  

Throw all of our principles thru a shredder? I don't recall anyone calling us a buy program because Majerus took a buy game at Duke. So we make a deal to strengthen our schedule that was torn apart due to a pandemic for a team that could really use the game and were shredding all of our principles? 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Why not just agree to the game and then do a coin flip to decide where the game is played - with the understanding there will be no fans at either place.

Personally, I think a road game would help the program more come tournament time.  

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Why not just agree to the game and then do a coin flip to decide where the game is played - with the understanding there will be no fans at either place.

That is clearly the fair way to do it. But if Mizzou is unwilling to go that route I'd be willing to go there this one time. If they wanted to make it even more fair, they'd let us buy have the available tickets if the game was played in Columbia.

Others receiving votes:

Richmond 140, Saint Louis 121, Virginia Tech 115, Xavier 55, Oklahoma State 48, Oregon 31, Indiana 22, Florida 18, Arizona State 13, UCLA 9, Connecticut 7, Arizona 5, Syracuse 4, Georgia 4, Arkansas 4, SMU 1, Minnesota 1

1 minute ago, wgstl said:
Others receiving votes:

Richmond 140, Saint Louis 121, Virginia Tech 115, Xavier 55, Oklahoma State 48, Oregon 31, Indiana 22, Florida 18, Arizona State 13, UCLA 9, Connecticut 7, Arizona 5, Syracuse 4, Georgia 4, Arkansas 4, SMU 1, Minnesota 1

Up from 94 votes last week. And nice to see Minnesota on the board.

9 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That is clearly the fair way to do it. But if Mizzou is unwilling to go that route I'd be willing to go there this one time. If they wanted to make it even more fair, they'd let us buy have the available tickets if the game was played in Columbia.

I don’t know how tickets were distributed for the Bragging Rights game but it seemed like there were a good amount of Illini fans there.

This might be the only way any of us can see the Bills live this year. 

Another game against a good opponent can’t hurt. Make it happen.

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I don’t know how tickets were distributed for the Bragging Rights game but it seemed like there were a good amount of Illini fans there.

This might be the only way any of us can see the Bills live this year. 

Another game against a good opponent can’t hurt. Make it happen.

I don’t blame our AD’s office if they will not work with Mizzou anymore on principle. Have to stand for something.

Billiken Rich likes this

25 minutes ago, wgstl said:
Others receiving votes:

Makes sense that Richmond gets 140 votes vs. Saint Louis' 121. After all, they did get a "quality" win over the last place team in the SEC, and the teams they've beaten have a combined record of 6-16. 

6 minutes ago, David King said:

Makes sense that Richmond gets 140 votes vs. Saint Louis' 121. After all, they did get a "quality" win over the last place team in the SEC, and the teams they've beaten have a combined record of 6-16. 

I don’t think we want to start comparing opponent’s records against anyone.

brianstl likes this