2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m going to be honest on this one. I’ve gone back and forth in my head more times than I care to admit on wether or not I should try to interview him. Should I put it to a board vote? 

It would honestly be pretty entertaining.

Bizziken likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Low key best part of an interview would be @Pistol asking hard hitting questions about the Cult of the Grand Canyon.

That would be a less obvious good/funny part of the interview, but the best / most hilarious part would be the obvious one.  I'm trying to imagine how you bring up his post basketball career in the interview and cracking myself up.

Zac - (awkward silence) "...so tell us about what you're up to now?"

Grandy - goes into an in depth analysis of OnlyFans and super hole spreading

Zac & Pete - 😳

Assuming there is no "clips" of Grandy's work, this would be one that you'd have to watch on YouTube just to see your facial expressions / reactions.

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

That would be a less obvious good/funny part of the interview, but the best / most hilarious part would be the obvious one.  I'm trying to imagine how you bring up his post basketball career in the interview and cracking myself up.

Zac - (awkward silence) "...so tell us about what you're up to now?"

Grandy - goes into an in depth analysis of OnlyFans and super hole spreading

Zac & Pete - 😳

Assuming there is no "clips" of Grandy's work, this would be one that you'd have to watch on YouTube just to see your facial expressions / reactions.

Full disclosure: through a close female friend who’s a big Billiken fan, I’ve seen what he’s been “upto”

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m going to be honest on this one. I’ve gone back and forth in my head more times than I care to admit on wether or not I should try to interview him. Should I put it to a board vote? 

You absolutely should. I recall Harriman was really talking him up on the radio. He had a really rough upbringing growing up in Canada. Aside from his post playing shenanigans, I think he would have a lot of interesting things to say. I happened to be at practice in 2014 when he threw out his shoulder, essentially ending his SLU career. He was going to take on a bigger role that year. The following year, he wound up his career with a very strong season at Grand Canyon.

I believe he originally committed to UNLV under Lon Kruger, when he left then he committed to SLU. Played for Majerus and then Crews and then a final stop at GC, so an interesting career. He earned the best college basketball transfer award in 2016. You'd have a lot to talk about.

SLU_Lax likes this

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

You absolutely should. I recall Harriman was really talking him up on the radio. He had a really rough upbringing growing up in Canada. Aside from his post playing shenanigans, I think he would have a lot of interesting things to say. I happened to be at practice in 2014 when he threw out his shoulder, essentially ending his SLU career. He was going to take on a bigger role that year. The following year, he wound up his career with a very strong season at Grand Canyon.

I believe he originally committed to UNLV under Lon Kruger, when he left then he committed to SLU. Played for Majerus and then Crews and then a final stop at GC, so an interesting career. He earned the best college basketball transfer award in 2016. You'd have a lot to talk about.

That’s good enough for me. I’ll see if I can’t get to him. 

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, ACE said:

I remember a story (I will just have the gist of it) that athletes cannot start to have the meals paid for by the school until semester beginning or practice start or whatever specific event.  Glaze could not feed himself because he lacked the means and they found a way to get him like a jar of peanut butter and a couple loaves of bread to just get him through.

While things can change and people can change and his current lifestyle is a bit extreme, Grandy always seemed well liked, friendly, hard-working, etc.  I wished him the best when he left SLU and would have also been happy to see him return.  I think he will be a great interview and will have a lot to talk about just focusing on his playing days and childhood.

almaman likes this