2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Fan Guy said:

We all know what happens any time something new related to the virus comes up.

Yes, very true....

That's why I didn't post any comment with it. Just sharing as a neutral observer on this one.

Nice bad post reaction @dennis_w 👍. I didn't post an opinion either way. Carter Chapley just shared the same exact tweet too. This is news.

JMM28 likes this

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The timing of this getting dropped is what I think is interesting.  This wasn't CIA secret level stuff, people knew.  It was timed to drop when it would cause the most damage to Ford and not necessarily the program.

Which would be deserving if he reserved the space.

Yikes. 

1. I'm not sure what those pictures prove other than Ford's son was at the party.  How do they prove it was a party for him that Travis paid for?  I'm not sure why Gardner would make that up, but this isn't NYTimes level reporting.
  2. If Ford did have the party for his kid that is very disappointing given the expectations of players at the time, but I'm not ready to play COVID police with our coach & his family.
  3. Even if the party did happen, there is really no way to prove it is what caused the teamwide COVID outbreak.  Speculating / rumor mongering is silly.
  4. I guarantee other coaches did similar things or worse.  Just be glad that our coach didn't make any blatantly racially insensitive comments.
  5. Totally agree with @brianstl that the timing of the drop is interesting.  Holding onto the info for 2+ months and dropping it when the most attention is on SLU / Ford is a blatant tell on Gardner's agenda.
rgbilliken likes this

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Yikes. 

Even if the party did happen, there is really no way to prove it is what caused the teamwide COVID outbreak.  Speculating / rumor mongering is silly

This is probably the angle I take if SLU/Ford are forced to address it. I mean realistically this is probably the cause but you can't prove anything.

More than anything it's just bad optics when you consider the expectations of the players

TheChosenOne likes this

23 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yes, very true....

That's why I didn't post any comment with it. Just sharing as a neutral observer on this one.

Nice bad post reaction @dennis_w 👍. I didn't post an opinion either way. Carter Chapley just shared the same exact tweet too. This is news.

My opinion is was a bad post and unnecessary also pointless

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I've strongly defended Travis on this board. However, if he had anything to do with this and/or was then around his son knowing it happened, he needs to answer to it. 

Not good leadership if he had part or was in contact with his son afterwards without insuring he would be safe

Whether this was the cause for our covid outbreak is irrelevant imo. He should not have knowingly put himself and therefore the team at risk. 

This is probably the best take that we'll see in this thread (which is probably about to become massive)

TheBand likes this