2020-21 Season

At this point if we are  ranked 24 who we play is not the issue for making the dance.  All we have to do is beat those teams we do play - period.  I understand people want the highest seeding but given how crazy the year has been for teams just get into the dance and worry about all the other stuff later.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

At this point if we are  ranked 24 who we play is not the issue for making the dance.  All we have to do is beat those teams we do play - period.  I understand people want the highest seeding but given how crazy the year has been for teams just get into the dance and worry about all the other stuff later.

Yes ...We need to play 5 more games

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yes ...We need to play 5 more games

Apparently one game can be in the league tourney, but I'm not betting that a full 14 team A10 Tourney happens.  Since the conference season started, the A10 hasn't had a single day when there wasn't at least one of the 14 on pause.

19 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I don't agree with this. Seeding is huge. The last thing we want is to be on the 8/9 line and get Baylor/Gonz in the 2nd round. 

If we just win, I think our reputation as a very good team this season will get us a 6 or better seed. 

bauman likes this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I don't agree with this. Seeding is huge. The last thing we want is to be on the 8/9 line and get Baylor/Gonz in the 2nd round. 

If we just win, I think our reputation as a very good team this season will get us a 6 or better seed. 

I agree. Anything but 8/9. The only teams I am afraid of are  Zags/Baylor. 

slufanskip likes this

3 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Sorry, meant to add as plain text. Basically said We’re back at practice today AND Okoro is going through non-contact drills.

26 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Billikens are out of the Top 25.

As we should be at this point.  Now we need to start on the road back with a DD win @ Lasalle and the same against the Bonnies at the Fetz.  That might be enough to do it.

8 minutes ago, Brighton said:

...aaaand Lunardi has us in a bubble.

I thought we were a 10 seed today?

Not worried anyway.  When you dont play, and the one time you do, you lose, you cant expect it to look good. Just start playing and it'll look better. 

hmart23 likes this

Hopefully Team Blue sees all these predictions and RESPONDS on the court.  Obviously we have a lot of work to do.  Remember just a couple weeks ago we were # 10 in the NET, ranked in the top 25 for 3 or 4 weeks, and considered the best mid-major by most writers! 

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Hopefully Team Blue sees all these predictions and RESPONDS on the court.  Obviously we have a lot of work to do.  Remember just a couple weeks ago we were # 10 in the NET, ranked in the top 25 for 3 or 4 weeks, and considered the best mid-major by most writers! 

The good thing is that we have the opportunity to get back to where we were. It’s February 2nd and we haven’t fallen far off the bracket. A dominant win over the Bonnies (just like we did last season with an inferior team) puts us right back where we want to be. 

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

This bracket is terrible. Duke in the tournament at all and UNC safely in. This is a joke

I always thought it was weird that Katz never had the bills ranked very high, even relative to the other rankings out there. He definitely punished the bills for not playing. While we were #21 in the country, he had the bills at #35 in his “power 36” 

• 1 month later...