2020-21 Season

2 hours ago, White Pelican said:

The comments are hilarious. Way too many people think it was the dunker's fault.

Yeah.  The kid did pull the whole thing down from the ceiling!  (There must have been some faulty installation or structural damage to the ceiling/building.)

But the most important thing is, that kid (the dunker) will get some fantastic attention for decades to come.

"Son, this essays deserves an F, but after that dunk, you get an A."

Girls will be fighting each other to be his prom date.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it is so funny to me that a10 twitter has completely forgotten how good this SLU team is. Underrated at beginning of the season, and honestly, barring a covid regression, everyone around this league (media, fans) continues to not give this team credit. In the offseason, it always, "well they can't shoot so they have a ceiling". Well now SLU is top 10 nationally from 3, and over 70% from the line. SLU is in a tier by themselves and frankly people comparing Bonnies and SLU is just disrespectful. SLU ran them out of the gym last season, and only one team has added meaningful pieces (Jimerson, Thatch). I do think Bonnies are the second best team in our league, but they're certainly a lot closer to the VCUs of the world than they are to SLU.

However, all of this won't mean a thing if this team went through a covid regression

BuiltFordBills likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

It was chaotic in the rankings between 16-30.  About two thirds of the teams ranked there last week, lost.  A couple of them (Clemson, Connecticut) lost twice.

I am thrilled we are still ranked, and actually moving up. But more than anything it speaks to how crazy and unpredictable this season has been. So few teams standing out.  We are benefiting from the fact that the voters don't really know who to rank right now.  For example, how is Utah State not ranked..but Oklahoma and sliding VaTech are? Boise just barely getting votes.  We just need to dominate against this awful A10. Forget Richmond. It is down to the Bonnies and us again. And maybe Davidson. No one else is good at all. Anymore than 1 (maybe 2) losses before the A10 Tourney would be a failure.

I am dreaming about us being in at a high seed and Coach K, Roy Williams and Cal all sitting in their basements watching on TV.  At this point UNC will probably slip in. But there is a real chance Kentucky and Duke won't.

And if SOMEHOW we can have that jerk Izzo sitting on a couch, man that would be sweet. I will still never forgive him for massaging the refs to help screw us and Rick in that tourney game.

majerus mojo likes this

7 hours ago, Compton said:

Wow. And we've been in the conference at least 10 years less than all of those teams. 

I think that stat includes years prior to us joining the A-10 (for instance us being ranked in 1994-1995 would count towards the total).

Compton likes this

30 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-we were National Champions and should have a banner indicating that

While I might go along with you technically we won the NIT not the NCAA Tournament which was the then new crowning of a National Championship. Which why SLU has never hung a National Championship like banner

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

amazing they made the final four and didn't even break the final ap poll 

The AP doesn't do a post season basketball poll.  Mason finished the season ranked 8th in the coaches poll that season.  They, also, were ranked 25th in the coaches poll for one week that season.

48 minutes ago, ARon said:

Looks like Davidson might be going on an extended pause. I guess our potential make-up, game next week is most likely against LaSalle.

Appears Umass-VCU scheduled for Wednesday is postponed. Not sure where the issues lie. Would be nice if VCU were available next week.