2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Yes!, entirely correct. That is why we NEED to have the tournament in a jurisdiction or city which is not obsessively strict with Covid and quarantine rules. Why is this so hard to understand? We, all the D1 teams chosen for the Dance, need to  be able to play for a number of weeks, and they will NOT be able to do it if whole teams are quarantined for weeks at a time. 

We NEED to do what's best for the health of everyone involved.

I suspect NBC plans to put many of its sports properties on it's newly launched Peacock streaming service. Not sure what kind of clauses are in the current agreement that would allow us to break the existing deal (or them to break it with the A-10 if they no longer want college basketball) or if we are just going to be stuck with a handful of games on that service.

TheChosenOne likes this

2 minutes ago, Brighton said:

I'm a cord cutter who has been out of the cable game a little while.  Are games on USA Network better than games on NBCSN?  I seem to recall USA Network being a part of more basic cable packages and you needed a more premium package for NBCSN with some providers.

15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm a cord cutter who has been out of the cable game a little while.  Are games on USA Network better than games on NBCSN?  I seem to recall USA Network being a part of more basic cable packages and you needed a more premium package for NBCSN with some providers.

I believe this is accurate. 

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Most of them will probably end up on peacock. Streaming services were great until they weren’t 

That's my take. The problem is they cost as much as cable to get any channels on live TV. I switched from cable to Youtube and loved it. They have the easiest record system. They were $50 originally, then they went to $65 and dropped FSMW. I switched to HULU by the time I added record and a few things I was at $80. Fine, then 2 weeks after switching they dropped FSMW. I now am back at Spectrum. I pay $80 with tax but I get more channels and can record on my main TV. I watch my 2nd tv through the Spectrum app to save on the 2nd box. I could add $13 and record on both TV's. So $15 more than youtube but I get a much better package of channels and about the same give or take than HULU. 

With AT&T you have a2 year contract unless you do the ATT now and I think the better package is still about $80.