2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is true, it does not bode well for our chances of completing a season/playing in the NCAA.  If ~20-25 people are tested weekly or however often their protocol stipulates, the chances of one being positive have to be somewhat high. 

would make way more sense to just quarantine everyone for the initial period and then just hold out the remaining positives after that. 

this policy of every person in the program having to be cleared has serious potential to derail our season entirely. Which is a real shame for our best team since the Majerus era. 

GoSluBills likes this

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:
if this is true, it does not bode well for our chances of completing a season/playing in the NCAA.  If ~20-25 people are tested weekly or however often their protocol stipulates, the chances of one being positive have to be somewhat high. 

would make way more sense to just quarantine everyone for the initial period and then just hold out the remaining positives after that. 

this policy of every person in the program having to be cleared has serious potential to derail our season entirely. Which is a real shame for our best team since the Majerus era. 

And also because, it makes no sense to do this. 

AGB91 likes this

They should have just done the old school chickenpox method.

Once one person gets it throw them all in a room together so everyone gets it. Let it run it’s course as a team then play ball 10-14 days later.

Of course I am kidding....kind of.

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

This is really not smart. I like all the people in charge of our program but they seem to have a really bad understanding of statistics and likelihood’s (gobillsgo said it well) and are making bad decisions based on emotion rather than reason.

I can never imagine saying that one player is injured or one player has a cold so we aren’t playing. Why would you say we aren’t playing because one person has Covid if you reasonably believe no other person has been exposed to that player?

I wish the media that talks to slu coaches and admin would challenge them on the ridiculousness of some of these decisions.

mdscott24 and billikenfan05 like this

59 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This is really not smart. I like all the people in charge of our program but they seem to have a really bad understanding of statistics and likelihood’s (gobillsgo said it well) and are making bad decisions based on emotion rather than reason.

I can never imagine saying that one player is injured or one player has a cold so we aren’t playing. Why would you say we aren’t playing because one person has Covid if you reasonably believe no other person has been exposed to that player?

I wish the media that talks to slu coaches and admin would challenge them on the ridiculousness of some of these decisions.

-second time today, great post

-I expect publicly that CFord will toe the line set by The U, but really wonder what his gut is telling him

-heck, at this rate the folks down the road could be playing again before we are, to me that would be embarrassing

-Chris May should prep for your question and the interviewer should not settle for the answer of 'this is above my grade', you run the ADept, get the answer

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

They should have just done the old school chickenpox method.

Once one person gets it throw them all in a room together so everyone gets it. Let it run it’s course as a team then play ball 10-14 days later.

Of course I am kidding....kind of.

This is almost a better idea then what they are doing.  If NC State (and other schools) can play and travel with a partial roster why can't we?  Our administration is so stupid.. and if they ruin our best chance ever for a sweet 16 run or deeper (finally) I am not sure if I can support them anymore. I will watch on TV but it will be hard to buy tickets after botching two "situations" and now this...

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

This is almost a better idea then what they are doing.  If NC State (and other schools) can play and travel with a partial roster why can't we?  Our administration is so stupid.. and if they ruin our best chance ever for a sweet 16 run or deeper (finally) I am not sure if I can support them anymore. I will watch on TV but it will be hard to buy tickets after botching two "situations" and now this...

It is stupid and nothing other than an arbitrary rule. They will screw themselves and have themselves to blame should they not make the tourney

9 hours ago, kshoe said:

Local media holding SLU admin feet to the fire over ridiculous decisions. I’ll hold my breath.

Jokes aside, the last thing any media member is going to do is challenge a school for being overly cautious when it comes to a deadly pandemic.

First time we’re ranked in 7 years and it’s going to come and go during a stretch of time where we don’t play basketball in a month. Pretty soon I’m going to start buying into that old Billiken saying 

I’m with you. I became a fan again three years ago after a seven year hiatus due to S1. I almost left again after the second. If they botch this, which history tells us that they will, then I’m gone for good. Why support someone if they refuse to get out of their own way ?

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

I’m with you. I became a fan again three years ago after a seven year hiatus due to S1. I almost left again after the second. If they botch this, which history tells us that they will, then I’m gone for good. Why support someone if they refuse to get out of their own way ?

Shall we tag this event S3?