2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand this.  The  very first day a positive was found, the team (protocol) had to separated and sent back to individual isolation right away.  Even if further tests in the coming days showed more positive tests, the 14 day window started for everyone who didn't test positive, on that first day.  So this would have to mean most of the team got it, or they would be able to resume practice 14 days after day 1 with at least those who never tested positive, or tested positive on the first round of testing.

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I do not understand this.  The  very first day a positive was found, the team (protocol) had to separated and sent back to individual isolation right away.  Even if further tests in the coming days showed more positive tests, the 14 day window started for everyone who didn't test positive, on that first day.  So this would have to mean most of the team got it, or they would be able to resume practice 14 days after day 1 with at least those who never tested positive, or tested positive on the first round of testing.

Agreed. I'm not sure Carter really knows what he's talking about here as it seems to mostly be his speculation. It's 14 days from whenever you last had contact with someone with COVID. If others are testing positive, it's 10 days from when they tested positive. Oddly, people that test positive often can return earlier than those that are just quarantining assuming they test positive within 4 days of going into quarantine.

As for Ford not being sure when they can restart practices, that also seems weird to me. I wonder if he just doesn't want to play Davidson on Friday with only a couple days of practice after being locked in a hotel room for two weeks and thus is angling to push that game back.

RUBillsFan likes this

27 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Agreed. I'm not sure Carter really knows what he's talking about here as it seems to mostly be his speculation. It's 14 days from whenever you last had contact with someone with COVID. If others are testing positive, it's 10 days from when they tested positive. Oddly, people that test positive often can return earlier than those that are just quarantining assuming they test positive within 4 days of going into quarantine.

As for Ford not being sure when they can restart practices, that also seems weird to me. I wonder if he just doesn't want to play Davidson on Friday with only a couple days of practice after being locked in a hotel room for two weeks and thus is angling to push that game back.

-I see this, think it is well within the realm of possibility and I would do the same thing in his spot

28 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I mean come on, NCST flew here on a couple days notice after not having a game in weeks. I highly doubt this is a thing. We’re scared of Davidson now? Play the games as soon as we can. 

NCST also was shorthanded, ran out of steam, blew a lead and lost the game. I doubt Travis’ takeaway from that game was that the move is to get back on the court as soon as you can even if you’re not ready. 

NC State held it's first practice out of quarantine on Dec 12.  They played us on December 17.  Louisville's first practice out of quarantine was Dec 10.  They didn't play their first game until Dec 19.  UConn returned to practice on Dec 13 and had its first game on Dec 20. 

So playing a game 5-9 days after returning to practice is typical.  There's no way we're playing a game on Jan 15 when Jan 13 is the soonest we can practice.  Neither we nor Davidson has a game scheduled the following Monday.  Maybe we could play then.

dlarry likes this

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We need 13 conference games to qualify for the Tournament, though, right? If Davidson gets postponed, rescheduling becomes a real problem.

-I looked at A10 site and could not confirm this, but if we are top 20 in the NET would an Ohio State like decision be made for our benefit?

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We need 13 conference games to qualify for the Tournament, though, right? If Davidson gets postponed, rescheduling becomes a real problem.

It's a minimum of 13 total games, not 13 conference games, and a minimum of 4 non-conference games.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-approves-nov-25-start-date-men-s-and-women-s-basketball

12 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's a minimum of 13 total games, not 13 conference games, and a minimum of 4 non-conference games.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-approves-nov-25-start-date-men-s-and-women-s-basketball

Got it, thanks. I had read that wrong. We should be okay, then. Still need to get back to action, though.

34 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I looked at A10 site and could not confirm this, but if we are top 20 in the NET would an Ohio State like decision be made for our benefit?

not an A-10 team.   the ncaa is definitely not doing any A-10 team a favor.   now if we were a blue blood.  you betcha.  which in the football world, i would say Ohio State is a blue blood.

We need to be patient, something we are not good at, because this might take some time. I think late jan might be our next game (Bonnies/Dayton/Richmond). Say we get another positive on the 10th, then we are on hold until Jan 24... Also, there's a chance that people are sluggish/slower/have other underlying issues coming out of COVID, so I don't want to rush our guys back if they aren't fully healthy.

12 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

We need to be patient, something we are not good at, because this might take some time. I think late jan might be our next game (Bonnies/Dayton/Richmond). Say we get another positive on the 10th, then we are on hold until Jan 24... Also, there's a chance that people are sluggish/slower/have other underlying issues coming out of COVID, so I don't want to rush our guys back if they aren't fully healthy.

I think that’s what Ford was saying. First, he needs medical verification these players are good to go, and then he has to verify they are hoops/game ready. 

the good thing possibly about our stoppage, i bet the staff has drilled it into the players heads now that they need to be aware of this whole thing or it is going to blow the greatest season in billiken history.   behavior will only get better off the court you would think. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

not an A-10 team.   the ncaa is definitely not doing any A-10 team a favor.   now if we were a blue blood.  you betcha.  which in the football world, i would say Ohio State is a blue blood.

-seems a moot point as the 13 games is all inclusive but that would be conference decision, not an NCAA decision

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Because of A-holes like this.

He’s got Minnesota at 18 LSU at 27 NCST at 29 Richmond at 40 and the Bills......51. 
What a turd.

The Billikens have a couple of wins over probable NCAA tournament teams LSU and NC State and are going to have every opportunity to win the Atlantic 10 this season -- but we still need to see more from a team that was handled in a big-game opportunity by Minnesota. Senior guard Jordan Goodwin has gone for 20 or more points in three of his past four games, and he might be the best player in the A-10.”

Here is his write up. 
This bothers me way more that it should.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Because of A-holes like this.

He’s got Minnesota at 18 LSU at 27 NCST at 29 Richmond at 40 and the Bills......51. 
What a turd.

The Billikens have a couple of wins over probable NCAA tournament teams LSU and NC State and are going to have every opportunity to win the Atlantic 10 this season -- but we still need to see more from a team that was handled in a big-game opportunity by Minnesota. Senior guard Jordan Goodwin has gone for 20 or more points in three of his past four games, and he might be the best player in the A-10.”

Here is his write up. 
This bothers me way more that it should.

Unbelievable he has a job in this sport.... 

6 hours ago, A10Ref said:

Late January for positive tests that came out on December 30?

Why would anyone expect another positive test on January 10th? The guys are quarantining which means they aren't around anyone. Even if one player does test positive 11 days after last being exposed to a player on December 30, that is just one player and shouldn't affect anyone else.

By Jan 10, any player that tested positive on December 30th should be good to leave isolation. By Jan 13, every player that went into quarantine and didn't test positive should be able to leave quarantine. If someone in quarantine ends up testing positive than his freedom date will be 10 days from the date he tests positive. Either way, SLU players, or the vast majority of them, should be back on the practice count on Thursday, Jan 14.

I understand not wanting to play a game on Jan 15, but not playing on Jan 20 would be really odd to me. And quite frankly, they should just call Davidson up and tell them that instead of playing Jan 15, can you play on Sunday, Jan 17.

dlarry and SShoe like this