2020-21 Season

Whether Goodwin, Frech, and Perkins leave or not depends upon how they do with the NBA. I believe Goodwin is likely to get a decent offer and will go. Perkins may or may not get an offer. If he does not look like he will get a decent offer, he may be back trying to improve his chances next year. As I have mentioned before, I think French may not have a great chance of getting an NBA offer, he may wish to try the international opportunities that may be open to him. I think his chances for a good international offer are better than the chances for the NBA. I doubt he will be back the following year whether he goes to the NBA or international. Please feel free to disagree.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Whether they can be expressed in numbers and analytics or not, these observations are valid.

I think I did the analysis in my A-10 preconference review on Xmas eve...  4 days after Taj's comments...not much has changed since then ...about the only changes are Dayton has slipped down to B and Fordham has sunk to D-

15 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think Hasahn would be wise to consider giving football a go.  He could transfer to any school to play a season of football, if he doesn't feel he could get a shot from an NFL team.

I was at a Raiders' game at the Oakland Coliseum on 10/28/18, and lo and behold Mo Alie-Cox, the former VCU basketball player, caught a TD pass for the Indianapolis Colts right below me.  I remember the PA announcer announced who caught the TD pass, and I thought, "I've heard of that guy."

I think Hasahn French absolutely will get a look from NFL teams.

18 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think Hasahn would be wise to consider giving football a go.  He could transfer to any school to play a season of football, if he doesn't feel he could get a shot from an NFL team.

Didn't he just have a concussion playing basketball? I wouldn't advise anyone who has had a concert to play football. His heart is in basketball.

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Didn't he just have a concussion playing basketball? I wouldn't advise anyone who has had a concert to play football. His heart is in basketball.

Well, if he can prove that he is the next Kelce, then it might be worth the concussion risk. Did he ever play in high school? If not, well, it would just be a big leap.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Well, if he can prove that he is the next Kelce, then it might be worth the concussion risk. Did he ever play in high school? If not, well, it would just be a big leap.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/built-like-a-tight-end-french-pursues-basketball-dream-at-slu/article_52d92325-584a-57db-a378-fd96d5d62e59.html

Found this article from 2017 on French. It looks like he played in middle school but isn’t clear if he played at all in high school.

4 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

:PitBull:

wow sneaky array of available Billiken gifs who knew great touch

:)

This actually one of the features that broke with the new server upgrade (it is likely an easy fix, but I am bundling my requests to the forum software support team).  What broke is my ability to add new emoticons easily.