2020-21 Season

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just to add to this here are KenPom's odds of winning the games:

Indiana State - 88%

NC State - not yet posted, they are 1 spot ahead of us, but SLU will be slightly favored at home.  I'd guess 55%ish.

Minnesota - 44%

Combined odds of winning all 3 games (assuming NC State is 55%) would be just 21%.  I think KenPom has SLU underrated and I believe SLU can win all of these games, but it will be a tall task to win all 3 in the span of 6 days.

T-Rank has the Billikens much higher than Pomeroy.  They have us at #17.  Here are the chances they have of us winning the next three games: ISU 86%, NC St. 70% and @Minnesota 57%.  Slightly higher than a 1 in 3 chance we sweep those games.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Minn win won't look as good after they got killed by ILL yesterday losing by 27.  By the same token, it appears that beating them might not be as tough as previously thought. Certainly better odds than the previously posted 57%.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

A Minn win won't look as good after they got killed by ILL yesterday losing by 27.  By the same token, it appears that beating them might not be as tough as previously thought. Certainly better odds than the previously posted 57%.

unless we take a big dump Thursday we'll be favored in St Paul I predict.

Evan's the Asian kid who did the math homework for the basketball players. OK, it's an unfair stereotype, but seems to apply when you're using chain rule derivatives to analyze basketball stats.

19 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

What would be the issue - he sits this year and has at least 2 years to play left - correct?

He can play this year and still have 2 year left because of the COVID rules.

If he is healthy late in the year and we end up needing him, he's a great insurance policy.  He's a break glass in case of emergency big man this year and a key player next year.  Also if he's healthy, but we don't need him we could get his feet wet this year with some live action during garbage time if that is available.  Nothing to lose if he's healthy.

dennis_w likes this

24 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He can play this year and still have 2 year left because of the COVID rules.

If he is healthy late in the year and we end up needing him, he's a great insurance policy.  He's a break glass in case of emergency big man this year and a key player next year.  Also if he's healthy, but we don't need him we could get his feet wet this year with some live action during garbage time if that is available.  Nothing to lose if he's healthy.

Haven't ready anything about the NCAA's eligibility ruling but I assume that Okoro could, in theory, just play the last game of the year if he's healthy? There isn't a deadline by which players much choose to opt in to play this year?

18 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Haven't ready anything about the NCAA's eligibility ruling but I assume that Okoro could, in theory, just play the last game of the year if he's healthy? There isn't a deadline by which players much choose to opt in to play this year?

I haven't read anything official, but it is my understanding that this season basically doesn't count at all in terms of using up any eligibility.  After the season every player will have the same # of years of remaining eligibility as they had at the beginning of the season.  I haven't heard anything about having to opt into that.