2020-21 Season

4 minutes ago, David King said:

Makes sense that Richmond gets 140 votes vs. Saint Louis' 121. After all, they did get a "quality" win over the last place team in the SEC, and the teams they've beaten have a combined record of 6-16. 

Richmond has played 4 teams in Pomeroy's top 150, 3 in the top 100 and two in the top 50.  The Billikens have played one team in Pomeroy's top 225.   The who they played argument doesn't work for us.

slufan13 and SLU_Lax like this

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I don’t know how tickets were distributed for the Bragging Rights game but it seemed like there were a good amount of Illini fans there.

This might be the only way any of us can see the Bills live this year. 

Another game against a good opponent can’t hurt. Make it happen.

Was about 150 people in the arena Saturday. Was all family of the players and coaches 

15 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Was about 150 people in the arena Saturday. Was all family of the players and coaches 

I read they were allowing 25% of capacity just like for football. 
Is that not the case?

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_mens_basketball/notebook-mizzou-arena-to-be-capped-at-20-attendance-this-season/article_8bb6bc62-291a-11eb-9cad-eb900477a5ea.html

It’s actually 20% about 3000 fans.

Seems to me there is a lot more opportunities for East Coast schools to find opponents due to available picking.  But then Rhode Island flies to Madison for a game against Whisky.  Morgantoen is about a 5 hour bus ride for Richmond but both Wofford and Morehead State cam to Richmond and those are longer trips.  The best folks in our area are Mizzou, Illinois, Memphis and Arkansas.  That seems a tall order.  Northern Iowa going to Richmond is insane much like Rhodey to Wisconsin.  Are we travel-averse?  We go to La Salle in 23 days. THAT ain't no school bus run.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:
Others receiving votes:

Richmond 140, Saint Louis 121, Virginia Tech 115, Xavier 55, Oklahoma State 48, Oregon 31, Indiana 22, Florida 18, Arizona State 13, UCLA 9, Connecticut 7, Arizona 5, Syracuse 4, Georgia 4, Arkansas 4, SMU 1, Minnesota 1

what nonsense.   i dont care if we havent played anyone other than LSU, richmond just got blown out.  they should be behind us.  

HenryB likes this

25 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I read they were allowing 25% of capacity just like for football. 
Is that not the case?

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_mens_basketball/notebook-mizzou-arena-to-be-capped-at-20-attendance-this-season/article_8bb6bc62-291a-11eb-9cad-eb900477a5ea.html

It’s actually 20% about 3000 fans.

Had Illinois won the coin toss, Illinois regulations would've allowed only the players' families to attend. Mizzou agreed to do the same when they won the toss, despite the fact that Missourah regulations are not as stringent.

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Had Illinois won the coin toss, Illinois regulations would've allowed only the players' families to attend. Mizzou agreed to do the same when they won the toss, despite the fact that Missourah regulations are not as stringent.

Ahhh.

Thank you for the clarification.

I was watching the game it seemed like more than that to me. Pumped in crowd noise got me.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Richmond has played 4 teams in Pomeroy's top 150, 3 in the top 100 and two in the top 50.  The Billikens have played one team in Pomeroy's top 225.   The who they played argument doesn't work for us.

just to be fair, would add LSU is in the top 30 not just top 225

23 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

Just heard that Sam Houston State was getting $55,000 for their buy game vs. LSU.  Announcer said normally would be $85-100. 

I suspect that this is more than blood donors would get by playing at SLU.  Based on the SEC football attendance rules, I bet LSU can allow a few thousand fans to attend their games which translates into quite a few thousand dollars toward a "buy game payout."