2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well until we know the specifics of the offer from MO then I will still be suspicious.  The last time they offered a 3 game schedule to us it was 2 at MO and 1 here at a neutral site.

I find it amusing that on mizzou message boards the SLU vs mizzou comes up often. The fanbase for the most part is delusional about how good they are versus lowly a-10 teams. I do not care if the game gets played, at best they are a middle to bottom of the sec

BuiltFordBills and SLU_Lax like this

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well until we know the specifics of the offer from MO then I will still be suspicious.  The last time they offered a 3 game schedule to us it was 2 at MO and 1 here at a neutral site.

and that is just insulting considering we have become the dominant program of the two.   we dont need them.   

42 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Turns out Missouri offered SLU a three game series

https://twitter.com/mattjharris85/status/1337115040453976064?s=21

When you offer terms that you know are unacceptable, you really haven’t made an offer.

How about you sell me your house for $10?

28 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I find it amusing that on mizzou message boards the SLU vs mizzou comes up often. The fanbase for the most part is delusional about how good they are versus lowly a-10 teams. I do not care if the game gets played, at best they are a middle to bottom of the sec

Mizzou is legit this year and should be top 5 in SEC.  But after this year with a modest recruiting class coming in, I agree it's back to the basement.

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When you offer terms that you know are unacceptable, you really haven’t made an offer.

You can tell how disingenuous they are because the Tiger faithful never mention the terms of the deal.  This most recent mention of a 3 game series came from Dave Matter and of course he didn't mention the terms of the deal either.  Because he and the rest of Mizzou Nation thinks that any deal should be just fine for little brother SLU.  

brianstl and bauman like this

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Can we get a deal like this with Kansas? I mean, that is a program where I at least see the value of A 2 away insult. National brand name that is worth associating with.

AGB91 and BilliesBy40 like this

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Mizzou is legit this year and should be top 5 in SEC.  But after this year with a modest recruiting class coming in, I agree it's back to the basement.

You can tell how disingenuous they are because the Tiger faithful never mention the terms of the deal.  This most recent mention of a 3 game series came from Dave Matter and of course he didn't mention the terms of the deal either.  Because he and the rest of Mizzou Nation thinks that any deal should be just fine for little brother SLU.  

Mizzou is definitely better, i am not yet convinced they are top five. the illinois game might prove me wrong.

19 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Can we get a deal like this with Kansas? I mean, that is a program where I at least see the value of A 2 away insult. National brand name that is worth associating with.

I’d rather just do one game in Kansas City (basically a home game for them) against a program like Kansas and get share of the receipts than costing yourself a home game payday that third year. Get the program a little more exposure on the other side of the state.

You can’t just give away home dates going forward.  You need those gates to pay for Ford, the rest of the staff, recruiting budgets, etc..  In a one and two, you give away one home game.

3star_recruit likes this

18 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Did you read the details? It was another 2 in Como, 1 in Stl. Play home and home or don’t bother me. 

That was my point - you got people posting - not here - that it was legit offer.  How can 2-1 be a legit offer?   The link I saw did not detail the offer.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I’d rather just do one game in Kansas City (basically a home game for them) against a program like Kansas and get share of the receipts than costing yourself a home game payday that third year. Get the program a little more exposure on the other side of the state.

You can’t just give away home dates going forward.  You need those gates to pay for Ford, the rest of the staff, recruiting budgets, etc..  In a one and two, you give away one home game.

I agree with your premise, but SLU needs to sustain success over an extended period to be able to dictate terms to football conference teams. I think there is a place to take at 2 for 1, but the program getting the 2 from SLU better be on the short list of elite national programs. 

In no way, shape, or form does Mizzou warrant a 2 for 1. If we can't get 1 for 1, screw them. 

Compton likes this

I despise Mizzou, but typically don't get fired up about the debate about whether we should play. Its been 19 years of the same sheat and I have no expectations of us playing anytime soon. But when I saw that note yesterday and a bunch of Mizzou fans acting like we were dodging them because we didn't accept a 2 for 1, it just pisses me off. Such nonsense.

Could you imagine if we had actually accepted that nonsense offer last year. We would have played in COMO last season, had the return game this year at the Chaifetz with no fans, and then been contractually obligated it play in COMO next year. Would have been a 0-2 for all practical purposes!

If it ever gets to an offer of a pure home and home and SLU declines, then shame on us. Until that offer is made, Mizzou is not negotiating in good faith and people need to understand that.

1 minute ago, JettFlight5 said:

I agree with your premise, but SLU needs to sustain success over an extended period to be able to dictate terms to football conference teams. I think there is a place to take at 2 for 1, but the program getting the 2 from SLU better be on the short list of elite national programs. 

In no way, shape, or form does Mizzou warrant a 2 for 1. If we can't get 1 for 1, screw them. 

SLU isn't dictating terms in that situation.  It is basically the same as being a buy game.  It is something Kansas has regularly done in the past as part of what they call the Jayhawk Shootout with programs like Davidson, New Mexico, New Mexico St. and UMKC.

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

mizzou is a bottom feeder of the SEC..in 8 years their highest finish has been 4th and in 5 of the years they have finished 10th or worse.....the only reason they offered a 2 for 1 is they knew  the Bills wouldn't accept it.....they want no part of us now, and for good reason...personally, i could care less........

Propaganda ----- hey, we (Mizzou) offered SLU and they declined.  We keep up our end of performance and they do theirs, the offer will be more agreeable in the future.  They don't serve a two-for-one with anyone right now.

33 minutes ago, brianstl said:

SLU isn't dictating terms in that situation.  It is basically the same as being a buy game.  It is something Kansas has regularly done in the past as part of what they call the Jayhawk Shootout with programs like Davidson, New Mexico, New Mexico St. and UMKC.

I was referring mostly to the Mizzou issue. I hope the Bills keep this upward trajectory where people would be insane to "buy" SLU. 

To make it even more of an insult, i am pretty sure the "one" game in st louis wasnt going to be at chaifetz.   They are arrogant azzes

BIG BILL FAN likes this

I don’t hate Mizzou as much as many on here and every year I grow increasingly indifferent about playing them. It is pretty ridiculous that the two best teams in the state haven’t played each other in 20 years. Local basketball fans are the loser from these teams not playing. SLU comes out fine.

All that said, Missouri offering a 2 for 1 is not new news. That’s just another way of them declining to play us in a home and home. Until they agree to play home and home or on a neutral site, they will be the one doing the “dodging”

billiken_roy likes this

16 minutes ago, NH said:

I don’t hate Mizzou as much as many on here and every year I grow increasingly indifferent about playing them. It is pretty ridiculous that the two best teams in the state haven’t played each other in 20 years. Local basketball fans are the loser from these teams not playing. SLU comes out fine.

All that said, Missouri offering a 2 for 1 is not new news. That’s just another way of them declining to play us in a home and home. Until they agree to play home and home or on a neutral site, they will be the one doing the “dodging”

The problem with your last paragraph - not sure you meant it that way - MO will want to play their home game at their arena and ours at a neutral site - Enterprise Center.  Their goal is to make it a home game for their fans on both counts.  I would be willing to play them - even though I could care less - in StL at the Enterprise Center twice.  Then both teams have to whip up their fan base to make it fair.

5 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The problem with your last paragraph - not sure you meant it that way - MO will want to play their home game at their arena and ours at a neutral site - Enterprise Center.  Their goal is to make it a home game for their fans on both counts.  I would be willing to play them - even though I could care less - in StL at the Enterprise Center twice.  Then both teams have to whip up their fan base to make it fair.

Or one in enterprise and one at kemper arena.....

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I think Kansas has too much to lose because we are too close to home. So, a loss hits their fan base, etc. We have done this with FSU and Auburn. That is what we will continue to do.

3star_recruit likes this

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

Mizzou is definitely better, i am not yet convinced they are top five. the illinois game might prove me wrong.

I actually think they are going to be pretty good. When you have that many seniors starting you should be good. They shoot free throws except for Tillman extremely well. We should know on Saturday.