2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I'll have what he's smoking

It could be like the BPI(?) which had us in the top 5 the based off the of how we played to close out the season?

23 hours ago, brianstl said:

The awesome thing about the T-Rank page is you can click on any team and run projections on what happens if they win or lose certain games.

T-rank also keeps track of dunks 😎

3 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Note to the game schedulers: Arkansas is 4-0 and does not have a game scheduled between 12/22 and 12/30. That is our open window also. Please call the Arkansas AD and schedule an away game.

Except that's the Christmas break that schools have been having for the past few years.  But maybe they won't want the guys to go back home during that time this year.

Michigan State will travel back to East Lansing today.  There's a brief window for Izzo to schedule a replacement game by the end of the week.  They've also got plenty of dates open next week and he could just choose to play another high major opponent.

Louisville is already five days into their quarantine. Landing a date with them after they get out of quarantine might be our best bet.  We'll likely both be top 25 programs by next week and we would be the best opponent on Louisville's nonconference schedule.

Here is the problem with trying to schedule a top blue blood program right now for SLU, they don’t need the game.  They aren’t going to make any money off it this season, and as the college football rankings show they won’t be penalized come tournament time for a lack of games played.  Why schedule a short notice game this season of all seasons against a non name program that you are likely going to lose?

SLU needs to change their focus from the Top 15 program game Danny Mac said they are only looking for to programs that are semi close that would view a game against the Billikens as something they could gain from too. Programs like Cincinnati, Loyola, Western Kentucky and Murray St.

That doesn’t mean you can’t take a game against a big name program if it becomes available.  We will have games canceled and those programs will have games canceled throughout the entire season.  Nothing says you can’t schedule a game after the conference season starts when those programs are looking at ten days to two weeks without a game.  If we take care of business as we should, we will be a much more attractive opponent at that point.

BilliesBy40 and SLU_Lax like this

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Here is the problem with trying to schedule a top blue blood program right now for SLU, they don’t need the game.  They aren’t going to make any money off it this season, and as the college football rankings show they won’t be penalized come tournament time for a lack of games played.  Why schedule a short notice game this season of all seasons against a non name program that you are likely going to lose?

SLU needs to change their focus from the Top 15 program game Danny Mac said they are only looking for to programs that are semi close that would view a game against the Billikens as something they could gain from too. Programs like Cincinnati, Loyola, Western Kentucky and Murray St.

That doesn’t mean you can’t take a game against a big name program if it becomes available.  We will have games canceled and those programs will have games canceled throughout the entire season.  Nothing says you can’t schedule a game after the conference season starts when those programs are looking at ten days to two weeks without a game.  If we take care of business as we should, we will be a much more attractive opponent at that point.

I agree. We need some programs to get us up to a ranking of 15-20, then we could schedule bigger ranking teams. That said, I feel like our schedule is set and it is too late in the day to really make changes. We may get 1 game, but we will see. If there is a Covid blow-up, anything is possible, but otherwise, I will accept the status quo.

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

i'm not concerned about it this year....the eye ball test will suffice well for the Bill's this year....let's just crush teams...I think Ford understands this as well....20+ point wins get noticed...The A-10 is respected enough to get us in the tournament with a strong record, particularly this year...

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We can only play a total of 27 regular season games under this year's guidelines, 25 regular season games + 2 MTE games.  Or in other words, 9 non-conference games and 18 conference games.  We're already at 8 non-conference games, which is why we're only looking for one more.  

Houston just went into quarantine, they're a mid-major, and are ranked #7 in the AP.  That would blow any other mid-major option out of the water.  I think it's worth the risk for coach holding out for a ranked team, at least for another week.  There's a huge difference in perception in beating a top 15 team vs a top 50 team.  

-not to change the subject as the schedule is important, but we set the team record for made 3pt shots in a game last season versus Tulane with 17, I wonder how many times this season we will break that record? I think that is a lock to happen, not an MB double adjective lock, but a simple lock

almaman likes this

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-not to change the subject as the schedule is important, but we set the team record for made 3pt shots in a game last season versus Tulane with 17, I wonder how many times this season we will break that record? I think that is a lock to happen, not an MB double adjective lock, but a simple lock

I dont think it happens.  But I do think we hit at least 12+ a handful of times 

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Sign me up for Cincy

Billiken Rich likes this