2020-21 Season

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

So, the 14 days were a little exaggerated to begin with?

Yeah, it made sense when they didn’t have info at the very beginning to take a conservative approach. Now it’s clear that 14 days isn’t really supported by the data and they should shorten their recommendation for quarantine. 

SLU_Nick likes this

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, JGR6396 said:

If it makes anyone feel any better, LSU has arrived in Saint Louis (as expected).

This actually surprised me. Would think they would get in with as little as time spent as possible, like tomorrow night. 

53 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This actually surprised me. Would think they would get in with as little as time spent as possible, like tomorrow night. 

I heard they wanted to get in ASAP so they could load up the on best BBQ joint in the entire country: Bandana’s

slufanskip and Reinert310 like this

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Can we tell Arkansas Pine Bluff that we'll reschedule? ND isn't great but it's the type of game we need and is semi local 

Too bad indeed. The only game I ever witnessed in the old arena that was more than half filled it was against ND when they had Austin Carr in ‘71. Jeesh, that’s 50 years ago. I guess I really am old. Hell of a game, Carr beat us with a last second shot. Years later I played golf with him in an outing in Cleveland. I reminded him about the game, and he said it was a lucky shot. Real gentleman. If we ever do get the Irish in Chaifetz w/ a crowd that would be something to see. I’d make the trip just for old times sake. 

42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Too bad indeed. The only game I ever witnessed in the old arena that was more than half filled it was against ND when they had Austin Carr in ‘71. Jeesh, that’s 50 years ago. I guess I really am old. Hell of a game, Carr beat us with a last second shot. Years later I played golf with him in an outing in Cleveland. I reminded him about the game, and he said it was a lucky shot. Real gentleman. If we ever do get the Irish in Chaifetz w/ a crowd that would be something to see. I’d make the trip just for old times sake. 

notre dame really had some nice player in the 70's.   carr was great.   loved adrian dantley.    kelly tripuka, laimbeer, john shumate, bill hanzlik, gary brokaw, tracy jackson, jon paxson.     i wasnt a big digger fan of his game coaching but no doubt he was a recruiter!

Andre Lorentsson - Game 1, I was happy to see that he was as tall as advertised and that it looks like he has frame and weight that he can develop into a much stronger body. No surprise,  he looked completely lost on defense. He will probably spend most of the year like Hargrove did last year, learning the system and adjusting to Div 1 BB. I am optimistic about his future. A stretch 4 who can play inside and out is tough to defend. We probably won't see much of him this season, unless our bugs get injured.

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Can we tell Arkansas Pine Bluff that we'll reschedule? ND isn't great but it's the type of game we need and is semi local 

Why reschedule?  Just send them their check with a thank you note.  Last season A-PB had a 348 NET.  A vast improvement might get them up to 300.  We don't need these teams on our schedule.

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pop up game, maybe, for St. Joe.  If they can do this, we can schedule Notre Dame.  Let's play the Irish on the 4th and then let our 7th-12th bench play Arkansas PB on the 5th if they really want to play.

I like this. Or just have PB show up on another open date. Do it Travis/Chris. There’s a P5 school out there begging for a game. 

28 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

I like this idea...a lot

Agreed. This seems like a no-brainer. There must be a way to make this work. Heck, we've won four games in four days before, play 'em both!  Otherwise, reschedule APB. Schedules seem to be a fluid thing (for damn near every sport and league) this year anyway.

2 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Andre Lorentsson - Game 1, I was happy to see that he was as tall as advertised and that it looks like he has frame and weight that he can develop into a much stronger body. No surprise,  he looked completely lost on defense. He will probably spend most of the year like Hargrove did last year, learning the system and adjusting to Div 1 BB. I am optimistic about his future. A stretch 4 who can play inside and out is tough to defend. We probably won't see much of him this season, unless our bugs get injured.

I thought it had been established that Lorentsson is more of a wing player than a big (stretch 4).

6 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I thought it had been established that Lorentsson is more of a wing player than a big (stretch 4).

I'm not sure that matters in the modern game.  We played most of our minutes last season and all of them so far this season with Perkins or Goodwin as our "4".  Lorentsson is likely to be tallest or 2nd tallest player on court in nearly all of his minutes.

27 minutes ago, Compton said:

Evansville's home loss to Prairie View A&M yesterday is unfortunate. That leaves only Indiana State and Minnesota as non-con games of any possible relevance, and the Sycamores are likely to be 0-1 when we play them.  

I'm not certain that we have a relevant OOC games left.  After watching MINN struggle to lead a not-very-good Loyola Marymount team by 4 pts, at half, on their home court, I think the Wiz's preseason rating of the Golden Gophers is more than a little generous.  The Top 144 boys might be closer to correct.  I think they had MINN between 100-144 as best I recall.  As I said a couple of days ago, this LSU game was critical to win if we wanted to garner some national respect (other than J Rothstein).   With that done, I think we will be needing some "name" teams to lose to get us into the top 20 and stay there as we run the A 10.  The only negative of the LSU win is that most media and AP voters will probably not be aware of the fact that the win came without a key all-conference player.  At this point I hope Has gives his concussion plenty of time to heal because he certainly will not be needed in the A-PB game.

edit:  Top 144 has MINN at 105 and Ind St  at 110