2020-21 Season

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Source? I haven't seen anything yet.

By the way, I checked their site in case they had a non-conference schedule up and it's really interesting what the Summit is doing this season: https://kcroos.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Every matchup is played back-to-back nights at one location, so no home-and-homes. Half of your opponents you play twice at home, half of them twice on the road.

(I had forgotten they moved to the Summit from the bizarre WAC. Also, they've rebranded as Kansas City, trying to lose the UMKC thing for their sports teams, at least.)

UMKC jerseys are noice...and you can actually buy them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think that this season can not be planned as prior seasons have been. Given the unpredictability of the virus and the rule changes, I think we should adopt the  broad goal of playing against whoever wants to play against us and CAN play at  any given time and date. I think the second broad goal is to win against all of them, whoever they might be, high or low. Do not believe me if you do not wish to do so, but this season is profiling itself to be one of the most unpredictable and messy seasons ever.

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I honestly think that this season can not be planned as prior seasons have been. Given the unpredictability of the virus and the rule changes, I think we should adopt the  broad goal of playing against whoever wants to play against us and CAN play at  any given time and date. I think the second broad goal is to win against all of them, whoever they might be, high or low. Do not believe me if you do not wish to do so, but this season is profiling itself to be one of the most unpredictable and messy seasons ever.

I hate to say it, but it sounds kind of fun. Kind of a throwback to the early days of basketball, maybe we will have to play a game with some peach baskets in a barn?

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

willie likes this

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The most compelling point about the unpredictability here is that we may play ... or, quite possibly, we may not. It’s 50/50.

36 minutes ago, almaman said:

<Given the unpredictability of the virus>

you can say that again, and again and again Simpson chalkboard style on the day we hit 10 times your 26K dead prediction earlier in the year.

How is he not on everyone’s ignore list at this point? 

On 11/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, Pistol said:

Source? I haven't seen anything yet.

By the way, I checked their site in case they had a non-conference schedule up and it's really interesting what the Summit is doing this season: https://kcroos.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Every matchup is played back-to-back nights at one location, so no home-and-homes. Half of your opponents you play twice at home, half of them twice on the road.

(I had forgotten they moved to the Summit from the bizarre WAC. Also, they've rebranded as Kansas City, trying to lose the UMKC thing for their sports teams, at least.)

New source for UMKC @ SLU on 12/23: https://kcroos.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Pistol likes this

Guys I just happen to be in STL this weekend.  8* of us want to get a team together and get on the Billikens schedule?  I already had COVID-19 so I'm good to play.  I'll put $5 down on your quick test.  Someone call the AD let's do this, we are the Carleton University of South City.  Going to get it televised on Public Access after World Wide Magazine.  Becky Queen of Carpets Classic Invitational!

*Me, Box, Leon and need 5 more

I'm almost 6'2 so I'm probably playing underneath the bucket

rgbilliken and BilliesBy40 like this

13 hours ago, Littlebill said:

How is he not on everyone’s ignore list at this point? 

I for one am happy to have him, Without his posts I'd probably forget this whole damn pandemic thing is happening. 

Seriously, Can he possibly actually believe he's that much smarter than everyone else? I'm surprised we don't get posts reminding us to stop at stop signs, not to jump off 5 story buildings, or not to sleep on railroad tracks. I'm not sure how I'd function in normal society without old guy's life saving advice

37 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Guys I just happen to be in STL this weekend.  8* of us want to get a team together and get on the Billikens schedule?  I already had COVID-19 so I'm good to play.  I'll put $5 down on your quick test.  Someone call the AD let's do this, we are the Carleton University of South City.  Going to get it televised on Public Access after World Wide Magazine.  Becky Queen of Carpets Classic Invitational!

I'm in. I'm 6'3 but I can play the stretch 4. This will be payback for SLU not offering me after I averaged .8 PPG my Sr year in HS. They can't say they overlooked me either. Spoon saw me play. I had 4 fouls in under 3 minutes against Larry & CBC with the coaching staff in attendance.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

34 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I'm in. I'm 6'3 but I can play the stretch 4. This will be payback for SLU not offering me after I averaged .8 PPG my Sr year in HS. They can't say they overlooked me either. Spoon saw me play. I had 4 fouls in under 3 minutes against Larry & CBC with the coaching staff in attendance.

I’m down. I’m 30 something, 6’1, can run (not fast), can’t jump, can’t handle the ball, can’t play defense, not a great passer, but I can still shoot it. 

rgbilliken likes this

13 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

How on earth can you not be sure you’ll have your jerseys by an opening date that is already pushed back 2 weeks LOL. That is so us 

As someone who’s made multiple merchandise for a local business during the Pandemic, it hasn’t been super easy. Distributors closing. Printing and manufacturing having to shut down for quarantines. Would expect a D1 top 100 program should have better connections than my business. But hard nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I for one am happy to have him, Without his posts I'd probably forget this whole damn pandemic thing is happening. 

Seriously, Can he possibly actually believe he's that much smarter than everyone else? I'm surprised we don't get posts reminding us to stop at stop signs, not to jump off 5 story buildings, or not to sleep on railroad tracks. I'm not sure how I'd function in normal society without old guy's life saving advice

When reading Old Guys posts think Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I’m in.

5’11 with a build like Donnie Dobbs.

At one point I was probably 6 foot but back problems seem to be causing me to shrink.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I’m in.

5’11 with a build like Donnie Dobbs.

At one point I was probably 6 foot but back problems seem to be causing me to shrink.

@dlarryposture is a Mother F’er! I’m actively trying fix my posture and stand/sit up straighter. It literally physically hurts when I sit up straight for more than a few minutes at a time, gives me a headache. It’s crazy. Lol

3 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

@dlarryposture is a Mother F’er! I’m actively trying fix my posture and stand/sit up straighter. It literally physically hurts when I sit up straight for more than a few minutes at a time, gives me a headache. It’s crazy. Lol

Same here.

Finally started using a lumbar roll when driving and paying more attention to how I sit and my posture.

It’s slowly getting better but each wrong move reminds me it’s still a problem. 

Bad backs suck.