2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

My immediate thought was no, but if someone was willing to hire Pitino, anything is possible

Or Pearl or Sampson or Booby. The guy's a proven winner and that makes up for a lot of past sins. Evidently, his approach to coaching and motivation was evident at Winthrop as well. 

1 hour ago, almaman said:

he should of moved on when his stock was high

Marshall was getting paid like a top flight high-major coach ($3.5 million a year)  in a place where there was very little media scrutiny.  For a guy with his temperament, it was the cushiest deal in college basketball.  Imagine how disgusting his behavior must have been to mess this up.

The Athletic has us ranked as the #2 mid major school in the country...behind none other than Northern Iowa. Something tells me, if we win our 1st game, these rankings might shift a bit. (Worth noting: they have Richmond 3rd, former member of our ‘20-‘21 schedule, San Diego State is 4th, Loyola Chicago 5th, Western Kentucky is 6th, Dayton is 7th, and St. Bonaventure is 9th)

64BED0E3-7AB1-4C6B-A34B-E34EE64E6260.png

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

The Athletic has us ranked as the #2 mid major school in the country...behind none other than Northern Iowa. Something tells me, if we win our 1st game, these rankings might shift a bit. (Worth noting: they have Richmond 3rd, former member of our ‘20-‘21 schedule, San Diego State is 4th, Loyola Chicago 5th, Western Kentucky is 6th, Dayton is 7th, and St. Bonaventure is 9th)

64BED0E3-7AB1-4C6B-A34B-E34EE64E6260.png

I’m shaking all over. No word on TV for this as of yet. Only 8 days away. You’d think somebody would have it scheduled. 

Reinert310 likes this

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’m shaking all over. No word on TV for this as of yet. Only 8 days away. You’d think somebody would have it scheduled. 

Its so easy for ESPN+ to grab these games, that at absolute worst I think they will pick them up.

12 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

If we were able to get 350 people in Chaifetz that's around 8 people in each section. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be possible. That's low balling it too.

Id expect our number to be 20%.  

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id expect our number to be 20%.  

Strange that we probably have a home game at the beginning of Dec and no word at this point on fans, yes or no, and if yes, how many and how the lucky few would be selected.  With the City reducing the accepted size of gatherings, even at houses of worship, I would think we will not be seeing any fans in the Fetz, at least for a while.  I know the Ath Dept has a lot to be working on, but I am surprised that they have not put out any info to season ticket holders recently.  My best guess is that the City leadership is causing the hold up.

19 minutes ago, bauman said:

Strange that we probably have a home game at the beginning of Dec and no word at this point on fans, yes or no, and if yes, how many and how the lucky few would be selected.  With the City reducing the accepted size of gatherings, even at houses of worship, I would think we will not be seeing any fans in the Fetz, at least for a while.  I know the Ath Dept has a lot to be working on, but I am surprised that they have not put out any info to season ticket holders recently.  My best guess is that the City leadership is causing the hold up.

The City is the issue. The AD has submitted several alternatives for the City’s consideration. I wouldn’t count on any fans for awhile. 

HoosierPal likes this