2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, dlarry said:

No point in canceling it nobody else has FSMW either.

If there's a way for me to find the FSMW SLU games online I probably won't cancel....yet. You guys remember those days??!! 47 links, 500 viruses, 2 bourbons, and 30 minutes later...the joy of finally finding a workable stream for the SLU vs Oregon State game!

If that isn't an option I'm going to have to make the switch to AT&T streaming and sign a GD yearlong contract 🤬. The next 6 months isn't the time to be making a stand against live streaming services.

-I like this from Linssen, like it a lot actually

I think last year showed that my game in the low-post is very well developed, and I believe that is a valuable asset that I have to offer. Playing one-on-one or creating a double team is fun for me. The one-on-one competition is something that fuels me and helps me excel. I think my European style of play can compliment Saint Louis’ style as well.”

20 hours ago, dlarry said:

No point in canceling it nobody else has FSMW either.

I've always had Charter/Spectrum and never have I not had FSMW.  All this cord cutting comes at a price.  These services don't want to pay very much money for any sports channels other than ESPN.  They all think that if they have ESPN, all of their customers that care about sports will be happy.  So, they cheap out on the rest of their sports content.

3star_recruit likes this

5 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If there's a way for me to find the FSMW SLU games online I probably won't cancel....yet. You guys remember those days??!! 47 links, 500 viruses, 2 bourbons, and 30 minutes later...the joy of finally finding a workable stream for the SLU vs Oregon State game!

If that isn't an option I'm going to have to make the switch to AT&T streaming and sign a GD yearlong contract 🤬. The next 6 months isn't the time to be making a stand against live streaming services.

VIPBOX.COM

FIRSTROWSPORTS.COM 

What a pain in the asss that was.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I've always had Charter/Spectrum and never have I not had FSMW.  All this cord cutting comes at a price.  These services don't want to pay very much money for any sports channels other than ESPN.  They all think that if they have ESPN, all of their customers that care about sports will be happy.  So, they cheap out on the rest of their sports content.

typical far sighted know it all bs. it's the opposite Blues, Cards, us on fsmw and that's all that keeps many from cutting cable. it's like a buffet with 200 items you could care a less about and then the 2 or 3 things that are worth eating. all the religion and shopping channels must have fewer viewers than we have here.

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I don’t like the way this is trending. Heard Illinois coach Underwood with Frank. In the big ten if anyone tests positive the team can’t play for 14 days. You know there are going to be positive cases. Anyone know A-10 policy?

Willie, you can try to fix those things you can fix but you've got to live with those things you can't fix. Look at the restaurants, I had reservations for next Thursday and for Thanksgiving. Indoor dining is closed by County's order after next Tuesday, I will have to eat home instead.

21 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Sports is the only live tv that gets watched in my house and I got a lot more sports channels with Hulu Live than I did with cable. When I had cable I had to upgrade at least once every season in order to get some of the SLU games on CBSSN and FS2. Both of those channels were standard with Hulu Live, even with a cost savings of $30+/month, which was a big factor in cutting the cord. Since neither Spectrum or Directv let you add just one channel, the packages I had to add put me over $100/month and all I was watching was the Blues, Cardinals, SLU, and Premier League. Obviously not having FSMW now is going to be an issue but if it can be resolved by simply cancelling Hulu online and adding the AT&T Live app I'll just do that (avoiding Spectrum's BS customer service issues, hardware, contract, and annual price increases). 

16 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I looked and can't locate, is CFord's A10 Media interview available?

Look at Chapley's twitter feed from the front page of Billikens.com.  He has several quotes.  There are also several video clips of Coach on the A10 MBB twitter feed.  But really, there isn't much on either that hasn't been covered already.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Look at Chapley's twitter feed from the front page of Billikens.com.  He has several quotes.  There are also several video clips of Coach on the A10 MBB twitter feed.  But really, there isn't much on either that hasn't been covered already.

-thanks, I would like to watch the full interview and draw my own conclusions but I guess not possible

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The NCAA is in preliminary talks with the State of Indiana and City of Indianapolis to host the entire 68-team NCAA Tournament in the Indianapolis area during the existing dates scheduled for March and April. Stay tuned.

-this is interesting, I guess they are anticipating no fans as another guess there aren't enough hotel rooms in the state, much less in Indy, to handle 64 teams and their fans

On 11/12/2020 at 1:35 PM, cgeldmacher said:

The only reason Charter and UVerse have the regional Fox Sports right now is because their contracts signed pre-Sinclair acquisition were longer that the streaming services. Dish Network and every streaming service that has come up for renewal since the acquisition has dropped them. Unless Sinclair changes their demands, it will eventually be off all of the services, and then it will come back. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

The NCAA is in preliminary talks with the State of Indiana and City of Indianapolis to host the entire 68-team NCAA Tournament in the Indianapolis area during the existing dates scheduled for March and April. Stay tuned.

According to the ESPN article, it's a done deal that the entire tournament will be held in one city. I'd be shocked if it's not Indy at this point.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30330582/ncaa-talks-hold-entire-men-basketball-tournament-indianapolis

Good news is that if they end up allowing fans, it'll be an easy drive for us. 3 straight weekends we'll have to make the trek!

brianstl, SShoe and willie like this

I have a feeling that the field will eventually be expanded. Having fewer occ  games and harder scheduling issues will be the reason they feel more teams should get in because it’s harder to judge Resumes