2020-21 Season

On 11/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, slufanskip said:

Had to quit reading. I appreciate the positive outlook for the Bills but this seemed like a HS Soph writing a paper for people who rarely watch basketball

That’s classless Skip... at least he cared enough to write something, unlike some of our so called professional’s  in the past...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Is this a tournament? The Illinois St reporter calls it a “MTW Tourney” and that “the first round matchups aren’t known yet” 

if it is I guess UNI is our first round matchup? Who knows...

No matter who the opponents end up being, excited that we are so close to real games!

1 hour ago, willie said:

Number 3 older SLU fans who want to go to games. 

Just SLU fans who want to go to games is the exact same statement

JK of course but there was a time when you could count on both hands the number of fans at the game under 60. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Number 3 older SLU fans who want to go to games. 

-speaking of going to games, I would think there has to be some announcement soon as to what The U is going to do, fans or no fans, or how many fans and how they determine who gets to attend - this last part will fascinate me and I hope doesn't infuriate me

-seems like season tickets won't be in a printed bundle like prior years, mainly because the schedule seems still tbd

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-speaking of going to games, I would think there has to be some announcement soon as to what The U is going to do, fans or no fans, or how many fans and how they determine who gets to attend - this last part will fascinate me and I hope doesn't infuriate me

-seems like season tickets won't be in a printed bundle like prior years, mainly because the schedule seems still tbd

AD May talked about this Sunday. He has sent their plan to the City for allowing a certain number of fans to attend games and is discussing the situation daily with the city. As you may or may not read this morning, Mayor Krewson is threatening further  restrictions on city events. So mix all that up and see what you get. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

AD May talked about this Sunday. He has sent their plan to the City for allowing a certain number of fans to attend games and is discussing the situation daily with the city. As you may or may not read this morning, Mayor Krewson is threatening further  restrictions on city events. So mix all that up and see what you get. 

-thank you, so we're waiting on the City, that does not fill me with confidence on either the timing of a decision or what the verdict will be

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Just wondering why you chose the word "threaten" why not requiring?

Below is what I have compiled for the 2020 nonconference schedule:

11/25: Northern Iowa cancelled

11/26 or 11/27: Golden Window MTE opponent (Nebraska, W. Kentucky, San Francisco, or Nevada)

11/28: LSU

12/8: Central Arkansas (source: https://ucasports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball)

12/12: Evansville (https://gopurpleaces.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2020-21)

12/15: Indiana State (source: https://gosycamores.com/news/2020/9/28/sycamore-basketball-adds-saint-louis-to-2020-21-slate-lose-dayton-due-to-covid-19-changes.aspx)

12/20: Minnesota (https://gophersports.com/news/2020/11/18/mens-basketball-gopher-basketball-announces-2020-21-schedule.aspx)

Date unknown: UMKC

That leaves us with 1-2 possible additional games to fill for the nonconference schedule. Anyone have any insights into the remaining schedule?

Edited by SLUMedBilliken15
updated info
Compton, wgstl and Pistol like this

19 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

11/27: Golden Window MTE opponent (Nebraska, W. Kentucky, San Francisco, Nevada or Illinois State)

Lets hope for Nebraska, WKU or SFU.  Wouldn't Nebraska count as an away game, and not a neutral? 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Lets hope for Nebraska, WKU or SFU.  Wouldn't Nebraska count as an away game, and not a neutral? 

Just using the Top 144 listing, NE would be the weakest of those 3, although I don't know if it would be considered an away game.  Actually, it might not even matter since how the Selection Committee views all the crazy OOC, and even in Conference, W's and L's is a big unknown.  For example what happens to a Big 10 middle of the pack team who would normally make the Dance, but because of the restrictive COVID Q rules has 8 games cancelled?

39 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Just wondering why you chose the word "threaten" why not requiring?

Why would you use requiring when measures haven't been put into place requiring them at this point?

Threatening's second definition is "Indicating or suggesting the approach of possible trouble or danger".  It appears to me he used the proper word when it comes Krewson's statements to those wanting to attend public events in the city

39 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Why would you use requiring when measures haven't been put into place requiring them at this point?

Threatening's second definition is "Indicating or suggesting the approach of possible trouble or danger".  It appears to me he used the proper word when it comes Krewson's statements to those wanting to attend public events in the city

I think threatening is pretty right on. If the region doesn't get our numbers down you will definitely see more closures and restrictions. At least we don't have football games to celebrate. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

does the opponents of the opponent still factor in ratings like it used to for rpi?   if so isnt nebraska a more enticing target because they are in the big 10?

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

does the opponents of the opponent still factor in ratings like it used to for rpi?   if so isnt nebraska a more enticing target because they are in the big 10?

I would think.  But also playing Nebraska would fall under road game, and not neutral court which would help. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

The word required was meant to be "may require".  The first definition of "threatening" I saw was to make a hostile or deliberate frightening manner.  The second definition is intention to cause harm.  Third is causing someone to feel vulnerable or at risk.  Krewson's possible actions are far from being hostile.  I was just wondering why Hoosier chose the word threatening.  

2 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Below is what I have compiled for the 2020 nonconference schedule:

11/25: Northern Iowa

11/27: Golden Window MTE opponent (Nebraska, W. Kentucky, San Francisco, Nevada or Illinois State)

11/29: LSU

12/8: Central Arkansas (source: https://ucasports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball)

12/15: Indiana State (source: https://gosycamores.com/news/2020/9/28/sycamore-basketball-adds-saint-louis-to-2020-21-slate-lose-dayton-due-to-covid-19-changes.aspx)

Date unknown: Minnesota

That leaves us with approximately 2-3 additional games to fill for the nonconference schedule. Anyone have any insights into the remaining schedule?

Here are two others that from "sources".