2020-21 Season

16 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Anybody think there may be times where Lorentsson slides into the rotation over Linssen based on matchups?  I can think of some games on our conference schedule where a 6'8 sniper with good court vision would be more desirable than a 6'8 back to the basket player.

Most definitely.  So many different lineups that they can throw out.  Will be fun to watch.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking that since we have such a deep team we might split the roster into two pieces, each independent of one another. Practice each piece individually and keep the two pieces isolated from one another. What this may achieve is that in the case that someone or multiple people in team 1 become positive, we can still play with team 2. I think it may be a rare occurrence when both teams turn positive at the same time.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I have been thinking that since we have such a deep team we might split the roster into two pieces, each independent of one another. Practice each piece individually and keep the two pieces isolated from one another. What this may achieve is that in the case that someone or multiple people in team 1 become positive, we can still play with team 2. I think it may be a rare occurrence when both teams turn positive at the same time.

This is a creative approach, but I think I would rather pass on games, rather then lose because we only have 5 guys who can really play.

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I see bball having an easier time rescheduling as football players need at least a few days between games and the traveling party is 5-6 times as large as one in basketball, but those thoughts are in a normal time which this is not

We really don't know, do we.  The Bills are trying to play 9 games in mostly Dec, and then the A10 Schedule in Jan, Feb and early March.  That is about 9 games in 30 days, or a game every 3 to 4 days.  There are not many windows for rescheduling.  The only, maybe, easy reschedule would be where we (or anyone) has a H and H opponent having to postpone a game.  The teams could play 2 games in 2 days, at whichever site makes sense. 

And just saw that Illinois State has 8 hoops players in quarantine.  Apparently the others on the team already had it, so they have the antibodies.  As you know, ISU is in the Nebraska MTE with the Bills.

17 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

**INSERT EGGPLANT EMOJI**

Those are two teams I had hoped to meet there.  For the 3rd I would like to see Travis put it to OK ST.  Sweep those and we are on our way to a Dayton-like season.

If true, and just going by the infamous Top 144 listing, LSU is not yet listed but likely #2 in the SEC  and Northern Iowa is #50 (1st in the Valley).  I too would like to see us against Okie State (#32, sixth in Big Twelve)  just to see what this Cade Cunningham brings to the table as the top recruit in America today.  Who covers the 6'8" guard would be interesting ..... I guess Goodwin, Perkins, Thatch and Jacobs would all have their chances.  Really curious to see how 1-on-4 would play out.

30 minutes ago, bauman said:

Those are two teams I had hoped to meet there.  For the 3rd I would like to see Travis put it to OK ST.  Sweep those and we are on our way to a Dayton-like season.

I don't think there's any way they agree to that. No way they agree to getting run out of the gym by the guy they ran out of town

2010andBeyond likes this

40 minutes ago, bauman said:

Yep, we are 1 game away (OSU) from locking up the top 3 teams in the Lincoln MTE, according to Top 144. If we can round it out with a game against OSU we've replaced our 3 toughest non-conference opponents (assuming we would've played MSU which wasn't guaranteed):

(Top 144 rankings)

MSU (Top 20) —> LSU (Top 20)

Memphis (33) —> OSU (32)

SDSU (47) —> Northern Iowa (50)

BilliesBy40 and SLU_Lax like this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

“He’s one of the many reasons why Saint Louis has a chance to be the best non power conference team in college basketball in 20-21”

vxB93vGp1cYak.gif

Fitting GIF. Larry is the least respected superstar in NBA history. If not for back injuries there'd be no question who the GOAT really is

thetorch likes this

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am fine with just LSU and UNI as the big games. Give me Cleveland St. or Illinois St. as a tune up game to work out some kinks.

Normally I'd agree with you but I want these seniors to curbstomp as many good teams as possible.

Another blurb about the Bills from The Athletic...

As a 15+ ppg scorer and the best rebounding guard in the country, could Saint Louis’ Jordan Goodwin get All-American consideration this season? — Andy T.

I cannot say it any clearer: There is always a Saint Louis question in the mailbag.

And, as always, I answer it the same way: If things break right, look out for the Billikens as a dark horse national title contender.

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

When do they these mailbags? Where do we send questions? Let's make sure every week there is a Billikens question or 10.

They usually post a link on Twitter In the middle of the week (on Wednesdays I believe). You can just click on the link and submit a question. They also have a link that appears in your story feed if you follow college basketball on The Athletic.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:05 AM, HoosierPal said:

I hope you are right on BC.  Last season they finished with a NET of 157.  Our win at BC was only a Quad 3 W.  If they slip much, it might be a Q4 game at Chaifetz. They would have to improve a lot for the game to qualify as a Q2 (NET 31-75) game here.

It's not out of the range of possibilities that they're a top 75 NET team. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, White Pelican said:

Why post a snarky statement like that? I'm genuinely curious.

I don't know, seems it is still hard to be a Billiken Fan.  The fact that we seems to have the most talented team ever, deeper than ever and it comes along when we have pandemic and the schedule is toast.   That goes along with it is hard to be ......