2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

since Kenpom removed his 2021 preseason rankings, I''m going off of Brattorvik rankings

Saint Louis - #29

UNI - #44

Western Kentucky -#48

Oklahoma State - #49

LSU - #60

USF -#88

Nebraska - #103

Colorado State - #111

Nevada - #129

Illinois State - #150

Cleveland State - #199

Be wary of Western KY.  They will be very good, with Bassey back from injury, and their other top two scorers back.  They add Frampton, whom we well know from Davidson.  Nebraska will have trouble in a loaded Big Ten, but they are adding several transfers who will make them dangerous.  Hopefully they will take time to gell.  They obviously will have a floor court (not gonna call it home court) advantage.

The Nebraska tournament seems like a good move to lock in some certainty around the schedule given the rate at which Orlando seems to be falling apart. It’s a bummer we won’t to play in the original Orlando Tournament, but I think we’ve all known for some time that this non-conference wasn’t going to shake out how we planned.

The questions for me on the Nebraska MTE are pretty simple: (i) what is the format / who do we play, and (ii) what will the TV coverage be like.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

since Kenpom removed his 2021 preseason rankings, Im going off of Brattorvik rankings

Saint Louis - #29

UNI - #44

Western Kentucky -#48

Oklahoma State - #49

LSU - #60

USF -#88

Nebraska - #103

Colorado State - #111

Nevada - #129

Illinois State - #150

Cleveland State - #199

That LSU ranking is way off.  They've got three starters coming back, a 5 star shooting guard coming in who will likely start right away and two four stars to bolster the bench.  That's a top team that can contend for an SEC title.

SLU_Lax likes this

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

That LSU ranking is way off.  They've got three starters coming back, a 5 star shooting guard coming in who will likely start away and two four stars to bolster the bench.  That's a top team that can content for an SEC title.

ya that was a head scratcher when I saw that. I do think  UNI and WKU could be top 50 teams, so good chance there will be 5 top 50 teams

HoosierPal likes this

At last look, Orlando still had MSU, UC, and St. Mary's still committed. I would like to have seen us in a grouping with them. But the Lincoln thing makes sense if Travis can negotiate the teams he wants us to play. ESPN might have stuck us in some low to mid major bracket only. 

41 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

That LSU ranking is way off.  They've got three starters coming back, a 5 star shooting guard coming in who will likely start right away and two four stars to bolster the bench.  That's a top team that can contend for an SEC title.

How in the hell is Will Wade still coaching?

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

So SLU makes team #11? If their intention is to get to 16 teams like that article I linked earlier claims, there are still some spots to fill. Any guesses on who fills those remaining spots, Hoosier? I hope at least one or two top 50-quality teams if possible. 

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The main reason is it because it will happen and the Orlando invitational may not happen at all, at least not with top 50 teams.

also it was never guaranteed we would have seen Gonzaga or MSU

19 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I guess I don't understand - why is the Lincoln bubble better than the Orlando bubble?

One more item, the Lincoln bubble looks like it could be three games. Orlando looked like only two games would happen.  Coach wants 9 OOC games, and you have seen how hard it is to get those lined up. 

cheeseman likes this

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

also it was never guaranteed we would have seen Gonzaga or MSU

Zaga was pretty much dead as they got paired in a 4 game set. MSU was still there per Hoosier's list. I would like to have seen us go up against them. But the whole thing was in the hands of ESPN/Disney. Supposedly in Lincoln we'll get 3 games brining us closer to the 27 game sched we need to qualify for the dance. Am I correct in saying that if we get 3 games in Lincoln, we only have 2 slots open. Should be able to fill those in with some local state schools right? 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Supposedly in Lincoln we'll get 3 games brining us closer to the 27 game sched we need to qualify for the dance. Am I correct in saying that if we get 3 games in Lincoln, we only have 2 slots open. Should be able to fill those in with some local state schools right? 

9 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I guess I don't understand - why is the Lincoln bubble better than the Orlando bubble?

How is this even a question?

One of them was one of the greatest Presidents in US History and one was in Pirates of the Caribbean 

9 hours ago, slufanskip said:

How is this even a question?

One of them was one of the greatest Presidents in US History and one was in Pirates of the Caribbean 

Good post. but I think Travis got a little worried as to who ESPN decided would be in a bubble with us. Something tells me he didn't like what he was hearing and opted out to pick his opponents in Nebraska. One of the pundits said Creighton was considering getting into this thing. How sweet would it be to take down the Blue Jays who took us down for entry into the Beast.