2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, slu72 said:

Orlando’s blowing up in our face. Hopefully, we get a shot at MSU. 

I doubt if we will see the Spartans.  X and Siena dropped and it appears that Gonzaga and Auburn have been shuffled out of our original bracket.  Boise State has been moved out also, as they will play Kansas, with Seton Hall and UCLA the other two. 

So of the original 8, only SLU, Michigan State and Belmont remain.  It seems they are breaking up the original eight teams to be feeders into other brackets.  Of course, they could bring in a P6 and have it added to us three.  I haven't seen that Mizzou has been shuffled out of their bracket.  I'd take them to fill out this foursome.

I saw today that Charlotte (in Mizzou's original bracket so it is being busted) was moved into the tourney with Tennessee, VCU and Penn State.  And Houston has been shuffled to face Texas Tech in the 'new' Gonzaga foursome.  TxTech's movement left Cincy as the only leftover in their original foursome.

I'm guessing we will hear very soon what the final deck will look like.  They seem to be leaking two or three revised MTE's daily.

I've seen that Dayton, Davidson and Richmond all have some very nice OOC games lined up.  The former two in off site MTE events, and Richmond in the KY MTE.  As long as we don't get stuck with some 300+ NET teams, we will be fine.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Who's left? 

Here is a guess, but a somewhat educated guess.  (Maybe 66% correct?)

Belmont, MSU, Cincy, Furman, Loyola, Mizzou, Utah State, Hawaii, North Texas, St. Mary's, San Diego state, Seattle, UCF.

I'm sure I have missed some, and maybe some of these are already slotted.  There could also be some threesome's needing a fourth team.  If anyone has updates or corrections, please supply.

I wonder how much input any coaching staff has on this reshuffle?  Is it all ESPN, or are the schools being consulted?

55 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Here is a guess, but a somewhat educated guess.  (Maybe 66% correct?)

Belmont, MSU, Cincy, Furman, Loyola, Mizzou, Utah State, Hawaii, North Texas, St. Mary's, San Diego state, Seattle, UCF.

I'm sure I have missed some, and maybe some of these are already slotted.  There could also be some threesome's needing a fourth team.  If anyone has updates or corrections, please supply.

I wonder how much input any coaching staff has on this reshuffle?  Is it all ESPN, or are the schools being consulted?

I’d like to see MSU, Cincy, St. Mary’s, and us. 

Not sure where to put this post, and also not sure how many of you MBMers subscribe to the Athletic, but there’s been a running joke among the College Basketball reporters that there’s ALWAYS a Billikens question in their weekly Q&A “mailbag”. That didn’t change this week, when Andy T. asked if a 4 or 5 seed might be realistic if the Billikens could put together a strong noncon. If any of you guys are in on this, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!