2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

The comments in that tweet have me curious.  Does the AAC and the A10 have something in the works ??

If we haven't heard about it by now, I'd say no.

The Dec 5 date now is open.  Maybe, just maybe, we sneak into the 20 team Houston Bubble event which opens Dec 1?

Just now, HoosierPal said:

The Dec 5 date now is open.  Maybe, just maybe, we sneak into the 20 team Houston Bubble event which opens Dec 1?

Just weird HOW many people brought that up 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Just weird HOW many people brought that up 

Crazy stuff is happening.  The Maui Classic moved to NC.  Louisville dropped out of the MGM Classic in Vegas apparently wanting to form a bubble concept in Lexington.  I expect our schedule will be nothing like what we envisioned.  Vegas and Indy are both attempting to put together some major bubble events.

BC against Rhody is on, but will BC come to STL?  It's a two hour drive from Amherst to Boston, a three hour flight from Boston to STL.

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but schools and conferences are scrambling right now. At this point, I think ANYTHING is possible. I’m curious to see what our final schedule looks like.

Here is the official notice from the A10:

https://atlantic10.com/news/2020/9/21/mens-basketball-mountain-west-atlantic-10-challenge-series-postponed-for-one-year.aspx

Matchups will be shuffled for next season. 

The Atlantic 10 Conference and Mountain West Conference have mutually agreed to postpone the leagues’ challenge series, originally scheduled to begin in December of 2020. Matchups are slated to be rescheduled for the 2021-22 season.

Reinert310 likes this

Some scheduling news from ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29943344/sources-espn-moving-college-basketball-events-wide-world-sports

Of note: "There is also the potential of "crossover" games, where teams from different events could play against one another outside of their scheduled event or game"

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29943344/sources-espn-moving-college-basketball-events-wide-world-sports

Of note: "There is also the potential of "crossover" games, where teams from different events could play against one another outside of their scheduled event or game"

-this is bizarre, an article on ESPN written by an ESPN Staff Writer about ESPN bball events and it is claiming "sources" are telling them, it's your house for goodness sake

TaLBErt likes this

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

S D St is also playing in the Orlando bubble so I wonder if a game against them might still be a possibility?    So is Mizzou.  This might be a good time to kick the $h!t out of them on a neutral court without incurring any requirement for future games.

SLU_Nick likes this

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

This seemed to make the most sense.  Why would we go from being in a bubble in Orlando right to being in a different bubble in Houston?  Just stay in Orlando and have games against the plethora of teams that are already there.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

This seemed to make the most sense.  Why would we go from being in a bubble in Orlando right to being in a different bubble in Houston?  Just stay in Orlando and have games against the plethora of teams that are already there.

The entire Orlando Bubble Extravaganza is over a two week period.  Our 3 game festival will take, what 3 or at most 4 days?  And it is (was) early in the two week time frame, but schedules are made to be broken.  That could leave 10 days for additional games, pending the site's ability to house all teams for the 2 weeks and someone willing to foot the bill.  There are 47 teams listed in the 8 tourneys (Gonzaga is in two).  Is there room in the Bubble for all teams that want to stay for two weeks? (Need practice and weight room facilities.)  The article says 3 games will going on at one time in the Bubble. 

There will be time after the Orlando Bubble to go to another locale, if that is the plan.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The entire Orlando Bubble Extravaganza is over a two week period.  Our 3 game festival will take, what 3 or at most 4 days?  And it is (was) early in the two week time frame, but schedules are made to be broken.  That could leave 10 days for additional games, pending the site's ability to house all teams for the 2 weeks and someone willing to foot the bill.  There are 47 teams listed in the 8 tourneys (Gonzaga is in two).  Is there room in the Bubble for all teams that want to stay for two weeks? (Need practice and weight room facilities.)  The article says 3 games will going on at one time in the Bubble. 

There will be time after the Orlando Bubble to go to another locale, if that is the plan.

EVERYBODY JUST STAY HEALTHY, KEEP THE COVID AT BAY, AND WIN!

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-this is bizarre, an article on ESPN written by an ESPN Staff Writer about ESPN bball events and it is claiming "sources" are telling them, it's your house for goodness sake

A different house in the Disney family of companies is running the decision making process on this.  Iger himself was the guy who was calling the shots for ESPN/Disney on the NBA resumption.  Josh D’Amora probably has more control in setting this up than Jimmy Pitaro.

This might be one of the most anticipated Billiken seasons in history. We have some straight up ballers on this team and it will be interesting if they can put all the pieces together and do something special.

I think I'm most excited to see how Javonte Perkins game has improved. He has the potential to be an NBA guard and I hope to see him just absolutely take over games.

brianstl likes this

I think Yuri finding Gibby/Jacobs/Perkins in the corner for the open 3 is my most anticipated.  He is going to give defenses fits this year.  

Watching that video reminds me truly how many weapons Ford will have this year.  I would really like to see a 9-10 man rotation in the beginning to ensure we do not wear down over the course of an entire (weird) season.  

With a 9 man rotation, Jacobs is on paper the #9 and Linssen, Loresntson, Strickland are all watching.  

The competition in practice has to be insane right now.  

46 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think Yuri finding Gibby/Jacobs/Perkins in the corner for the open 3 is my most anticipated.  He is going to give defenses fits this year.  

Watching that video reminds me truly how many weapons Ford will have this year.  I would really like to see a 9-10 man rotation in the beginning to ensure we do not wear down over the course of an entire (weird) season.  

With a 9 man rotation, Jacobs is on paper the #9 and Linssen, Loresntson, Strickland are all watching.  

The competition in practice has to be insane right now.  

I think Lorentson is going to get some minutes in most games. He is our third big man, so he will see minutes in games where we want to play a big lineup and could pick up significant minutes in games where French gets into foul trouble.  He allows French and Bell to continue to play aggressively, even when they pick up fouls.