2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

His offensive efficiency numbers were outstanding last season.  Granted that was against lesser competition, but even his adjusted numbers were good.  He doesn't appear to be all that good of a rebounder for his size, but on this team this season that won't be as important.  

Someone asked Goodwin on Instagram last week how many points he, French, and Perkins would combine to average. He said he didn't know, but that we could bank on about 28 rebounds per game between the three.

That might be a little generous but it illustrates your point that we don't need Linssen to step in and be a 10 and 10 guy. Last year we pretty much had just a freshman playing limited minutes as a secondary big man to go along with French. Linssen brings a ton of size and good efficiency to take some pressure off of Has, and we have Bell with another year of experience and conditioning. His presence should take some pressure off of French in particular but I think we should see better efficiency across the entire frontcourt. Someone to eat space, finish at the rim, draw fouls, keep French out of foul trouble, grab a few boards, and also prevent the double- and triple-teams we saw collapsing on Has in games like Davidson last season - Linssen is perfectly suited for his role. And if he's truly extending his range like he says he's working on, that's a nice bonus.

Reinert310, brianstl and bauman like this

I just read a news report from AP (main page of this board) saying the NCAA will furlough their entire Indianapolis staff of 600 for 6 to eight weeks. Do not take me wrong, I really do not know. Is this their main location or headquarters or whatever they call it, or do they have other locations that will stay functional? They have a LOT of issues to decide upon, one of the most important being the date when they will start the 2020-2021 season. Can they do it after they close this location? Again, I really do not know, anyone can provide this information?

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Someone asked Goodwin on Instagram last week how many points he, French, and Perkins would combine to average. He said he didn't know, but that we could bank on about 28 rebounds per game between the three.

That might be a little generous but it illustrates your point that we don't need Linssen to step in and be a 10 and 10 guy. Last year we pretty much had just a freshman playing limited minutes as a secondary big man to go along with French. Linssen brings a ton of size and good efficiency to take some pressure off of Has, and we have Bell with another year of experience and conditioning. His presence should take some pressure off of French in particular but I think we should see better efficiency across the entire frontcourt. Someone to eat space, finish at the rim, draw fouls, keep French out of foul trouble, grab a few boards, and also prevent the double- and triple-teams we saw collapsing on Has in games like Davidson last season - Linssen is perfectly suited for his role. And if he's truly extending his range like he says he's working on, that's a nice bonus.

The Bills could only play big one way last season: with Bell at the 5 and French at the 4. Hankton and Diarra combined for 75 minutes. With Linßen, they have 3 bigs. I doubt he plays more than 15 min/game, and some games, esp. when Ford wants to go small, he'll like play around 8-10 minutes. But he gives them huge flexibility, esp. if Bell or French get in foul trouble, which last year required Ford to play small.

Linßen will really help in the 2021-22 season, when we lose (assuming things go as planned) French and Perkins. We expect Okoro to be our best big, but he's also rehabbing an injury. Linßen will have a year of A-10 play under his belt, will know the system, and will likely play around 20mpg. Will also give Ford the luxury of not needing to press a freshman big into action. 

Pistol and Zink like this

31 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

The Bills could only play big one way last season: with Bell at the 5 and French at the 4. Hankton and Diarra combined for 75 minutes. With Linßen, they have 3 bigs. I doubt he plays more than 15 min/game, and some games, esp. when Ford wants to go small, he'll like play around 8-10 minutes. But he gives them huge flexibility, esp. if Bell or French get in foul trouble, which last year required Ford to play small.

Linßen will really help in the 2021-22 season, when we lose (assuming things go as planned) French and Perkins. We expect Okoro to be our best big, but he's also rehabbing an injury. Linßen will have a year of A-10 play under his belt, will know the system, and will likely play around 20mpg. Will also give Ford the luxury of not needing to press a freshman big into action. 

Your second paragraph sees to forget that we will also have Jimmy in the 21-22 season.giving us 3 bigs, just like the 20-21 season or maybe I just misread it.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Indy’s their HQ is all I know. Not sure what items make up their revenue stream, ie dues, tv rev from tournaments, licensing fees, etc., but they must have a cash flow problem laying off 800 staffers. 

Thank you, this does not look good to me.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Indy’s their HQ is all I know. Not sure what items make up their revenue stream, ie dues, tv rev from tournaments, licensing fees, etc., but they must have a cash flow problem laying off 800 staffers. 

Don’t have numbers but I believe March Madness is where most of their revenue come from. 

53 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Has to be 

Well, baseball, soccer, gymnasts, women’s sports all contribute as well. Most of those are on TV. But this year it’s all been gone, that’s why I think they said we will have an NCAA championship this year. Otherwise they’d go belly up. 

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Did everyone here forget college football and the money the NCAA makes out of it? Is it real that March madness (basketball) is their primary source of income?

The college football playoff and bowl games are independently operated which means the NCAA doesn’t get any of the revenue. Kind of crazy.

7 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

Goodwin, French, Perkins, Collins and Jimmerson get most minutes but with Bell starting again.

10 deep with Hargrove, Jacobs, Thatch and Linssen.

Wild card is Thatch, missed his D vs. hot hands last season.

21 hours ago, Pistol said:

HA! I'm the one that asked that question. Funny it made its way back to the board. 

Pistol likes this

On 9/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, bauman said:

Your second paragraph sees to forget that we will also have Jimmy in the 21-22 season.giving us 3 bigs, just like the 20-21 season or maybe I just misread it.

Yes, in 2021-22 there will be three bigs as well. I was just focusing on Linßen and how he'll probably play a lot more in 2021-22, but will be a bit like Weaver this coming season: a non-factor in certain games, and a major factor in others. 

3star_recruit likes this

I wonder what such a move - if implemented, of course, since this is just a proposal from one conference - would mean for conference tournaments.

When you think about it, we already have a format in which the Tournament includes every team except lower seeds in certain conferences. Just zoom out on the brackets so every conference tournament flows through the winners.

Conference tournaments are already the closest existing thing the sport has to bubbles.

Billikenbooster and Zink like this