2020-21 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys follow TJ on Instagram, go look at his story for today. He can dunk. (What a great kid, by the way. Always smiling and having a great time.)

It has been quite on the A10- MWC challenge front.  My guess is that it won't happen this season, unless some form of bubble concept is developed. Anyway, here is Jon Rothstein's preseason ranking of  the MWC.  If the Challenge is played, we are getting the team we want.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

It has been quite on the A10- MWC challenge front.  My guess is that it won't happen this season, unless some form of bubble concept is developed. Anyway, here is Jon Rothstein's preseason ranking of  the MWC.  If the Challenge is played, we are getting the team we want.

Plus #2 Boise St. is in the Orlando tournament.

HoosierPal likes this

I'd be surprised if the Orlando tournament as it is currently structured goes off. I think it's far more likely that it gets molded together with some other tournaments to create its own bubble or it get's scrapped in its entirety for all these other non-con bubbles that are being discussed.

Some of this may depend on what the NBA decides to do. If they want to go back to the bubble for the start of a regular season, they aren't gong to want a bunch of college programs using the same courts, facilities, etc. and increasing the risk of contamination. College regular season revenues are peanuts compared to what the NBA produces.

-I still have hope to be in Chaifetz Arena to watch our team during this season, might not be based on reality, but I have hope

-I don't think all teams are in the same place as CFord was either on with Frank or in Ackerman's garage and commented that certain parts of practice are limited by City health regulations, I can't believe all programs are in places where there are such restrictions or will obey them so this would be where our experience comes in handy to overcome this  

6 hours ago, kshoe said:

I'd be surprised if the Orlando tournament as it is currently structured goes off. I think it's far more likely that it gets molded together with some other tournaments to create its own bubble or it get's scrapped in its entirety for all these other non-con bubbles that are being discussed.

Some of this may depend on what the NBA decides to do. If they want to go back to the bubble for the start of a regular season, they aren't gong to want a bunch of college programs using the same courts, facilities, etc. and increasing the risk of contamination. College regular season revenues are peanuts compared to what the NBA produces.

I agree with you on the Orlando Tourney -  except -  I just saw where Texas has replaced USC in the Legend's Classic at Barclay Nov 23-24.  There was no mention of any more teams being added, so who knows what will happen.  I still am anticipating some major restructuring of these tourneys.

Edit 3 hours later:  And this just came through, includes the aforementioned Legends Tourney.

7 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Good article. This should probably be taken with a grain of salt because almost all reports are good in the summer, but someone that would know told me he has been impressive in practices and drills so far.

21 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Good article. This should probably be taken with a grain of salt because almost all reports are good in the summer, but someone that would know told me he has been impressive in practices and drills so far.

His offensive efficiency numbers were outstanding last season.  Granted that was against lesser competition, but even his adjusted numbers were good.  He doesn't appear to be all that good of a rebounder for his size, but on this team this season that won't be as important.  

45 minutes ago, kshoe said:

What I liked was the references to a mid range jumper. French and for last year Bell didn’t show a mid range. I haven’t seen Okoro but don’t think he has that range. Linssen could see time as a second big if he can spread the floor this season and next season. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What I liked was the references to a mid range jumper. French and for last year Bell didn’t show a mid range. I haven’t seen Okoro but don’t think he has that range. Linssen could see time as a second big if he can spread the floor this season and next season. 

From the limited amount I have been able to watch of him it looks like his game is from about 10 feet in at this point.  Looks comfortable taking jumpers to that point, but doesn't really put any shots up at all from any further out.  

HoosierPal likes this